/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is watching wrestling allowed in Islam?

usmanlol
08-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm not talking about Olympic wrestling, I'm talking about sports entertainment. This means companies like WWE, TNA, etc.

I know it's probably frowned upon because of the dress code. Because the men wear clothes that doesn't follow the standards of Islam, and also the women are quite provocative in the way they dress. There's also the obvious sense of violence, hatred, etc.

However, I've been an adamant follower of the business for a long time now. Wrestling is something I just love watching, it's pretty much become my only hobby. I spend a lot of my time on the Internet watching wrestling. There's an upside to this though, because I believe watching this on the Internet could distract me from watching other stuff like p**n. So that's a good thing.

But I'd like a professional view, is watching wrestling allowed in Islam?
Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
closerthantheveins
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
lol i lyk wrestlin 2- most ppl fink its weird 4 a gal- yh so is it allowed?

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ng-sunnah.html

In view of the above two incidents, it is clear that wrestling itself is a permissible (Mubaah) skill that obtained Deeni benefits. In principle, one may follow a Mubaah act on condition it is not contaminated with anything un-Islamic. Some of the un-Islamic factors which may render wrestling prohibited are:
a) Being commercialized venture, hence, un-Islamic factors, intermingling of sexes, exposure of Satar, etc.
b) Being unmindful of Salaat.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1166751

closerthantheveins
08-26-2009, 02:59 PM
thnx so i guw=esss its beta if we dnt watch it ryt?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Allaahu Aalim.

usmanlol
08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
^I'm not talking about competing in wrestling though.

I'm talking about watching it. Wrestling (or sports entertainment) is much different today from the prohpet's time, it's more of a soap operal, not a sport like boxing or the kind. I want to know if it's allowed to watch it.

Also, it's not as if I'm devoting myself to watching just wrestling. Allah knows best but I do pray Quran and Salat sometimes. I know watching wrestling isn't exactly a good thing, but is it allowed for the modern muslim?

adil hasnain
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Ask your question here http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/islamqapages/4 they will give you the answer and then inshallah inform us on the response

usmanlol
08-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Ok, nevermind I got my answer.

This can be closed now. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.