/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Student Finance England (Bad experience)

Salahudeen
08-28-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm starting my first year of Uni in September, I applied for the financial stuff online because they got rid of application forms and moved everything online.

Has anybody else felt that the system is total rubbish??

filling in the online form is so flimming anoying, you don't even know what your getting, if your getting the loan or the grant. I'm so anoyed I wanted the grant that you don't have to pay back and it seems they've given me something called maintenance loan, I don't think I even have that.

I got a letter this morning and I'm panicing now because it says,

Tuition Fees

Course fee amount as stated in your application : £3225.00

Maximum loan available : £3225.00

Loan requested: £0.00

Loan to be paid (this will be paid directly to your university/college) : £0.00

The amount you need to pay to your university/college: £3225.00

^ what's worring me is it says I "loan requested £0.00" and "loan to be paid is £0.00" does that mean they're not paying for my tuition fee's???

and in the next table it says

Maintenance Loan

Basic loan (non income assessed): £2763.00
plus loan subject to income assessment: £0.00
Less assessed contribution to living costs: £0.00
Maximum loan available: £2763.00
Loan requested: £0.00
Loan to be paid: £0.00

^ that freaked me out even more cos it says loan requested £0 loan to be paid £0 I somehow managed to fill in the application form without managing to actually apply for any support how the hell is that possible??? :raging:

And the WORST THING IS I can't get in touch with student finance to find out what's going on because I ring all day and all I hear is "all our operators are busy please call back later" and then the phone goes dead. Can't email them or anything. and I'm really anoyed at the inefficency of the system.

are any other students having the same problem??? I can't even go somewhere to ask about what's going on with my application the only option to speak with some 1 is the telephone and they constantly have the same anoying message.

"all our operators are currently busy please call again later" line goes dead.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mahfuja
08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
salaam bro ... what i tend to do is ring them up and request for the form .. the old fashioned way! online is just L-O-N-G!

basically it is saying that you requested NO loan so YOU'RE going to have to pay your uni YOURSELF.

and from what you wrote their not giving you maintainence loan either

and if they didnt mention maintainence grant then that means your not getting that either :S

keep ringing em bro ... they messed my sister about like this and she just kept ringing them although the phone didint go blank ... just kept putting her on hold

Salahudeen
08-28-2009, 12:41 AM
I just complained by email,

I am writing to complain regarding the terrible complexity of the student finance online form, it seems I have managed to fill the entire form in without actually requesting any support. I was under the impression from the online form that I had requested support for my tuition fee's and had also requested a maintenance grant however this morning to my shock I received a letter telling me I have requested the amount of £0 for both tuition fee's and maintenance loan.

This is made me deeply distressed and the fact that university begins on the 21st of September has just added to this distress. The most anoying, frustrating thing about this whole situation is for the last three days I have tried phoning Student Finance to find out what is exactly going on with my application however every time I phone I get the following message "Welcome to Student Finance, all our operators are currently busy please phone back later" then the line goes dead. There's no mention of an email address or any other means to get in touch with an individual to discuss my application.

I look forward to your speedy response if such a thing exists,

kind regards

mahfuja
08-28-2009, 12:52 AM
insha'Allah they'll get back to u bro asap!

msg sounds good :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
08-28-2009, 12:55 AM
inshallah

Ar-RaYYan
08-28-2009, 01:00 AM
i have been trying to phone them today and like you i get the same annoying message:"all our operators are currently busy please call again later" :exhausted
you said it has been like this for the past three days?
inshallah lets hope they pick up our calls tomorrow. I remember i called them few weeks ago and it was working perfectly well.

i have tried filling the form online but it was freaking annoying that i downloaded the whole thing and i filled it in by hand- walahi that was ten times easier.

like sis Mahfuja said it looks like you are not getting any tuition and maintainence loans or grant!
Try ringing them tomorrow and if that doesnt work maybe phone UCAS (but im not sure if they can be that much help)

mahfuja
08-28-2009, 01:01 AM
my sis rang them ydy ... they picked up? i think u just gotta keep trying

Salahudeen
08-28-2009, 01:03 AM
it's hard cos it's an 0845 number and we don't have a housephone just mobiles, so it costs loads to keep ringing. And when we go out to phone box we get that message :@

mahfuja
08-28-2009, 01:05 AM
hmm theres this website that gives u alternative number for 0870,0845 etc numbers! u can search the number in this site and see if they give it ... most time it works :D

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Salahudeen
08-28-2009, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahfuja
hmm theres this website that gives u alternative number for 0870,0845 etc numbers! u can search the number in this site and see if they give it ... most time it works :D

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR :) I just tried it and found a 0141 number, I'll ring them 2moro from my mobile ;D

I don't get how I filled the application form in without actually requesting any money LOL what a big fat mess :|

mahfuja
08-28-2009, 01:12 AM
no worries bro

can you not go back to the app form and amend it??

[atleast next time u know ... filing the paper form is the way lol]

Salahudeen
08-28-2009, 01:17 AM
nope it won't let me online lol it says it's final but I can get it changed if I speak with 1 of them and tell them it's not correct. I didn't know you could still do it by paper lol I thought you had no choice but to do it online.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.