/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is sheesha allowed?

closerthantheveins
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
slmz- needed 2 ask sumin- iv herd sheesha isnt allowed but many ppl say it is and still do it? so do ny of u no da rules regardin sheesha and that-thnx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
brotherubaid
08-28-2009, 09:07 PM
It falls under the same ruling as smoking , anything that harms our health is haram , sheesha and smoking harm our health and so they are haram and Allah knows best

Soulja Girl
08-28-2009, 09:13 PM
:sl:

It's worse than smoking. :><:

:wa:

closerthantheveins
08-28-2009, 11:34 PM
thnx- does nybody no wat i can say 2 persuade my friends to stop doin it-im not gud wid advice so all help will b appreciated:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummsara1108
08-29-2009, 04:11 AM
There is a difference between smoking cigarettes and smoking sheesha, although they do affect your health, and they both grow from the ground given to us by God, sheesha is grown and smoked, cigarettes are grown and then they add more than 500 different additives, like rat poison, arrsinec, ect. just to name a few. But I know the point is.......it's bad for your health.

north_malaysian
08-29-2009, 04:15 AM
only jinns consume smokes, not human beings... :D

IslamicRevival
08-29-2009, 04:34 AM

peaceandlove
08-29-2009, 11:41 AM
few days ago ,i am watching program and in that program its was said that sheesha creates so much diseases , i did not remember much but they said its dangerous just like heroin etc , so we must avoid it.

Caller الداعي
08-29-2009, 11:45 AM
salams guys this isnt a fatwa site maybe u should ask ur question there inshallah ull get a answer from a scholar.

Misz_Muslimah
08-29-2009, 11:51 AM
56. Abu Sufyan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported, in course of his detailed narration about Heraclius when the latter questioned him about the teachings of the Prophet (PBUH) He said that: He (PBUH) told (us): "Worship Allah Alone and do not associate a thing with Him; and give up all that your ancestors said. "He also commands us to perform Salat (prayers), to speak the truth, to observe modesty and to strengthen the ties of kinship.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

96. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah says: ' When a slave of Mine draws near to Me a span, I draw near to him a cubit; and if he draws near to Me a cubit, I draw near to him a fathom. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.'''.
[Al-Bukhari].

97. Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There are two blessings in which many people incur loss. (They are) health and free time (for doing good)".
[Al-Bukhari]

noorseeker
08-29-2009, 12:00 PM
someone from aston lol.

I think its still smoking, i wouldnt do it as ive stopped smoking Allahamdulillah

ieshia
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
There is no place where it is listed separately in the Quran but the book does tell us, anything that harms our body or mind is haram. Which is exactly what smoking does, so yes it would be haram.

It's like alcohol. There is no place where it is listed to be Haram in particular, but we are told to stay away from and not consume anything that causes intoxication, and forces us out of our natural state. Which is what alcohol does, and therefore it is haram.

Zane
09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Islam aside on this one, there's was a report on the news that Sheesha is alot worse in comparison to smoking. So there's one reason why it shouldn't be done (although that doesn't mean taking up smoking as a substitute).

Some say smoking is makrooh, some say it's haraam. Simply put, if you love Allah, you will give up anything for him if you have any suspicions on what you're doing. There shouldn't be a required hadith if you know what you're doing is wrong or it feels wrong, or at least, that's how i'd go by it.

Hope this helps sister.

Salaam

M..x
09-03-2009, 10:30 PM
There was a article recently in tha UK abouh Sheesha saying it is aktally more harmful than smoking =O. I personally think its haraam. From personal experiance, even though some people exaggerate and akt like they just totally ou of it after smoking it, it doest aktally have an affekt on you (although only temporarily) & anything which affekts you like that is haraam. So stay away from it. Even if you du a quick google job you'll find ou how harmful it is so if you just tell them to du that then InshAllah theyl stop. & Remember you should always leave wha you doubt, so even if your not sure, you should leave it because its better to refrain from sumet than to carry on and commit sin. =). Salaams

_PakistaN_
09-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Worst than cigarettes...? i don't think shisha is worst than cigarettes, just because it blows out more smoke don't mean its worst. tobacco is a lot worst.

أبو سليمان عمر
09-04-2009, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by closerthantheveins
slmz- needed 2 ask sumin- iv herd sheesha isnt allowed but many ppl say it is and still do it? so do ny of u no da rules regardin sheesha and that-thnx
smoking shisha is Haram (prohibited) because it is an obnoxious habit and includes many harmful effects.
And Allah knows best
takeing from Fatwa no. 14777 Permanent Committee Fatwas>Browse by volume number>The first group>Volume twenty-tree: (oaths>vows>imamate)>Oaths>Swearing to leave her husband who smokes the hookah after advising him many times

part of the question
What is the ruling on smoking Shisha ?
answer
A: First: smoking shisha is Haram (prohibited) because it is an obnoxious habit and includes many harmful effects.

fatwa by Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’
Member `Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan `
Deputy Chairman `Abdul-Razzaq `Afify
The Chairman Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
soruce

ieshia
09-06-2009, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Worst than cigarettes...? i don't think shisha is worst than cigarettes, just because it blows out more smoke don't mean its worst. tobacco is a lot worst.
There is tobacco in hooka(shisha). People like to argue how it is safer than cigarettes because it has a better filter in it, but what people forget to mention is that you take in a lot more while smoking hooka than what you do with a cigarette.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
:sl:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8214097.stm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.