/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqab vs Hijab ?

Humbler_359
09-01-2009, 06:28 AM
:sl: sisters,

Hope all is fine with you. You know, some women who wear Niqab, what's this purpose of covering whole faces?

I know, some husband is telling some wife to wear niqab but again, it is a woman's own choice and decision. Some other women prefer niqab in their whole life. Please help us to understand clear the concept of Niqab in which I have no idea or no clue. :embarrass

I really like -Hijab with many styles and colorful. I am sure, most of you are wearing hijabs. Some other don't wear hijabs.

Examples:
Picture#1 Hijab- Yes
Picture#2- Not Hijab, it is niqab
Picture#2- Not Hijab- again it is niqab

:exhausted

--Please don't get wrong ideas if I did something offensive :scared:. Thanks.
--

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
09-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Ruling of Niqab in Islam - Shaykh Haytham Al Haddad

Part 1

Media Tags are no longer supported

Part 2

Part 3

Ummu Sufyaan
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
Hope all is fine with you. You know, some women who wear Niqab, what's this purpose of covering whole faces?
some believe it is obligatory, some love to wear it, and some just think it's pure awesome to follow the wives of the prophet, sallahu aleyhi wa sallam

I know, some husband is telling some wife to wear niqab but again, it is a woman's own choice and decision.
there isnt anything wrong with him advising her, and/or putting it in their marriage contract...in fact it goes to show his gheerah over his wife, which unfortunately is something uncommon these days! unless you mean forcing?

Please don't get wrong ideas if I did something offensive :scared:.
i know you mean well, but can u lower your gaze cos its really annoying when that sisters are trying thier best to be modest only for a brother to come along and make comments about how good she may look with her modesty :raging: and i can tell you that our mahrams certainly don't appreciate it either

Ansariyah
09-01-2009, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

i know you mean well, but can u lower your gaze cos its really annoying when that sisters are trying thier best to be modest only for a brother to come along and make comments about how good she may look with her modesty :raging: and i can tell you that our mahrams certainly don't appreciate it either
err where did he not lower his gaze?:hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
lol, yeah... There's been so many situations like that. I don't understand why they try to be encouraging. they just defeat the purpose of Hijaab/Niqaab to begin with.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
err where did he not lower his gaze?:hmm:
lol hmm my bad...i jumped to the wrong conclusion :embarrass i just figured that since he mentioned his liking for the colorful styles then he would have noticed it on a sisters...

my apologies if that wasn't the intent...

S_87
09-01-2009, 12:24 PM
The videos uploaded are very informative mashaAllah.

Ansariyah
09-01-2009, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:

lol hmm my bad...i jumped to the wrong conclusion :embarrass i just figured that since he mentioned his liking for the colorful styles then he would have noticed it on a sisters...

my apologies if that wasn't the intent...
heh apologies??:p:..waita min I just wanted to start backing u up but was just wondering where it occured, ne'who sis wat u said is good for general naseeha too, so no worries inshaAllah. xx

Rasema
09-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Assalamu Alikum

Let me paste a reply by a sister who wears a niqab, from gawaher.

I work in a place where there are some girls who wear niqab and girls who wears hijab only. There are lots of male colleagues. Frankly, those of us who wears hijab only face some problems when dealing with the men in our work, because as much as we try to put some boundaries we still feel that sometimes they forget and we forget that we are girls and they are men!
For example, when a girl who wears niqab greets her colleagues in the morning she’ll say hi, how are you and that’s it, no one can see her face, and so no can see her smiling. But when a girl who wears hijab only greets her colleagues she’ll say hi and will smile when she is greeting, and after this smile long conversations will follow!

I noticed that, men stay and keep a long distance when talking to girls with niqab, and talk to them shortly. On the other hand, they might just do the opposite with girls with hijab. In other words niqab really makes men respect women.

Its really very difficult when a girl works in an enviroument that is full of men, the girl has to be very careful when dealing with her colleagues. And I found out that niqab really helps in keeping boundaries and force men to respect the girl. Even when going out, many people keep looking and sometimes staring at our faces! They will never do that to a girl wearing niqab.

One of my friends decided to wear niqab, because she kept hearing lots of remarks about her face and her smile from her professors at college. After wearing niqab she says that she is happier because no one dares now to say anything about her! She says niqab does not only makes men respect you, but it also teaches you when to be a real lady.

I think niqab really helps in protecting women, and I’ve been in so many bad situations that are making me now consider wearing niqab.

Thank you

Rasema
09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Assalamu ALikum

I love how we have the freedom to cover our faces and hands in Islam.

32 – Say: “Who prohibited the nice things God has created for His servants and the good provisions?” Say: “They are believers in the world, and will be exclusively theirs on the day of resurrection.”

Rasema
09-01-2009, 12:59 PM
"I really like -Hijab with many styles and colorful. I am sure, most of you are wearing hijabs. Some other don't wear hijabs. "

I wouldn't say that colorful hijabs are proper.

"The Hijaab shouldn’t attract attention
The dress should not be such that it attracts men's attention to the woman's beauty. Allaah clearly states “not to display their beauty (zeenah).” Yet, Subhaan Allaah, some Hijaabi sisters are dressed in such a way that they attract more attention to themselves than they would if they didn’t wear Hijaab!! How could such zeenah be concealed if the dress is designed in a way that it attracts men's eyes to the woman? It beats the purpose of Hijaab.
Allaah tells us: “And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance…” [al-Ahzaab:32]"

hrm
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema

I wouldn't say that colorful hijabs are proper.
:sl::statisfie Colorful or black or white. doesn't matter. The women should have the choice in this regard. But If the hijab is made in such a way that the contour of the body of a woman are visible to opposite sex, it nullifies and works counter to the Islamic principle of hijab. The hijab, in my humble opinion, should be loose not tight around the body parts.
Wallaho Allah

"The Hijaab shouldn’t attract attention
The dress should not be such that it attracts men's attention to the woman's beauty. Allaah clearly states “not to display their beauty (zeenah).” Yet, Subhaan Allaah, some Hijaabi sisters are dressed in such a way that they attract more attention to themselves than they would if they didn’t wear Hijaab!! How could such zeenah be concealed if the dress is designed in a way that it attracts men's eyes to the woman? It beats the purpose of Hijaab.
Allaah tells us: “And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance…” [al-Ahzaab:32]"
:statisfie This is the essence of wearing jihab. Very well said.:statisfie

Humbler_359
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Very Interesting from women's perspectives. Of course, I agreed it is not proper to wear tight clothes and too much perfumes even making more attention in hijab I've noticed. That's conflict with the purpose of Hijab. Just regular any Hijab. Simple colors, not very bright.

so what's different niqab vs burqa? Both are very effective to be protection from staring or annoying. Only different is niqab allow your eyes to see, otherwise burqa don't allow people to see your eyes. What do you think?

reason?

As I am hard of hearing, I have a hard time to communicate with some women's niqab that I couldn't understand what she said. Some people who wear hearing aid require using lip-reading and face to face contact. For instance, one niqab lady from food supermarket asked me something, she was not aware of me hard of hearing, I just nod my head with no clue what she asked and then my bro came to help her. :phew

It is much easier for me to meet any sisters who wear hijabs as you will see some people (hard of hearing) will prefer hijab sisters in order to avoid frustrations. :D

Hope you get my point!

cat eyes
09-01-2009, 10:57 PM
hijab or niqaab it's the woman's choice. women should not be working along side men anyway. if the woman wearing the niqaab at work she will be forced to interact with the man in conversation anyway so she is not really protected because that's where shaytaan comes in direct as the scholar's say

أبو سليمان عمر
09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Inshallah the videos will be sufficient for u to have an answer mashallah nice vids

Danah
09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
:sl: sisters,

I really like -Hijab with many styles and colorful. I am sure, most of you are wearing hijabs. Some other don't wear hijabs.
immm.....I thought that we cover ourselves to avoid men eyes not to know what "they" like us to look like or to wear :?

so what's different niqab vs burqa? Both are very effective to be protection from staring or annoying. Only different is niqab allow your eyes to see, otherwise burqa don't allow people to see your eyes. What do you think?

reason?
Excuse me, but what do you wanna know from that question? do you mean why some wear niqab while others wear burqa?

It is much easier for me to meet any sisters who wear hijabs as you will see some people (hard of hearing) will prefer hijab sisters in order to avoid frustrations. :D
there is always other ways to deal with such situations brother, don't place the niqab as a barrier of communication......I didnt feel that it was when I was studying in University and taught by many "male" professors (muslims and non-muslims)!!!

sirajstc
09-03-2009, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Assalamu Alikum

Let me paste a reply by a sister who wears a niqab, from gawaher.

I work in a place where there are some girls who wear niqab and girls who wears hijab only. There are lots of male colleagues. Frankly, those of us who wears hijab only face some problems when dealing with the men in our work, because as much as we try to put some boundaries we still feel that sometimes they forget and we forget that we are girls and they are men!
For example, when a girl who wears niqab greets her colleagues in the morning she’ll say hi, how are you and that’s it, no one can see her face, and so no can see her smiling. But when a girl who wears hijab only greets her colleagues she’ll say hi and will smile when she is greeting, and after this smile long conversations will follow!

I noticed that, men stay and keep a long distance when talking to girls with niqab, and talk to them shortly. On the other hand, they might just do the opposite with girls with hijab. In other words niqab really makes men respect women.

Its really very difficult when a girl works in an enviroument that is full of men, the girl has to be very careful when dealing with her colleagues. And I found out that niqab really helps in keeping boundaries and force men to respect the girl. Even when going out, many people keep looking and sometimes staring at our faces! They will never do that to a girl wearing niqab.

One of my friends decided to wear niqab, because she kept hearing lots of remarks about her face and her smile from her professors at college. After wearing niqab she says that she is happier because no one dares now to say anything about her! She says niqab does not only makes men respect you, but it also teaches you when to be a real lady.

I think niqab really helps in protecting women, and I’ve been in so many bad situations that are making me now consider wearing niqab.

Thank you
yes niqab is good agree:statisfie:statisfie

MMohammed
09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Well in my family, women wear Hijab.Its is recommended to wear Niqab though.I think you can wear Hijab.

Jess4491
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Salam alaikum all :)

is it correct that different cultures say if there people should wear hijab or niqab?

I think that it is up to the sister herself if she wears hijab or niqab, some sisters may feel they would like there face fully covered, others may feel the hijab is more comfortable for them, the main fact is that the sister should feel comfortable in herself so i feel that aslong as she feels comfortable then either of the two are suitable :)

Masha'allah for all your views on this, very interesting to read. :)

neda
09-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Wear the niqab, sister. It's good for you and will make your husband happier.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.