/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic cooking

Salihah
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
:sl:

I am very interested in cooking, I like it so much :p
Searching in the net for recipes, I had some difficulties to say if a dish is halal or not. Maybe some of you are interested in it too, so I want to suggest, that we can build up a collection of islamic food. What do you think?

I can start with a simple but delicious dish, it is called borani esfenai from iran. It is spinach with yoghurt and you can eat it with some hot dishes or with bread and rice.

INGREDIENTS
600g spinach (or 300g deep frozen)
1 big onion
half tablespoon curcuma
300g yoghurt
half tablespoon cinnamon
salt
oil

1. wash spinach and cut leafs into pieces, stir in a pot for about 6 minutes without oil until it is almost ready to eat. Remove liquid, you only need dry spinach.
2. cut onion into small pieces and stir in a pan with some oil until they have golden color. Add curcuma and mix.
3. add spinach to the onion and cook it together for 7 to 10 minutes medium heat.
4. put into a bowl and wait until it is cold.
5. then add yoghurt and some salt
If you like you can add some cinnamon but I prefer it without.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
09-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Sis .. i guess you pick the wrong time for recipies :P..

Ramadan :D

blazingflames17
09-11-2009, 12:37 AM
I knew a kurdish muslim in high school way back and he knew how to cook very well. The food that was made is much healthier than what we normally in the west because of no pork, food isn't littered with chemicals, it's all fresh, etc.

syilla
09-11-2009, 01:42 AM
salams...

you can find lots of recipe here :D

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...kery-club.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salihah
09-11-2009, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
salams...

you can find lots of recipe here :D

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...kery-club.html
Cookery Club? Great! :statisfie
Thx, I didn't see there was already someone who started this topic. I also like the food pics from ramadan thread.

syilla
09-11-2009, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salihah
Cookery Club? Great! :statisfie
Thx, I didn't see there was already someone who started this topic. I also like the food pics from ramadan thread.
yup we have that too :D :statisfie

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1218287

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.