/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to pray taraweeh alone without knowing Arabic

MaiCarInMtl
09-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I just wanted to ask how I should go about doing my taraweeh prayers if I'm going to be home alone and do not speak Arabic (I can read it but VERY slowly and I probably make a lot of mistakes).

I usually spend the evening with my fiancé's family so I follow taraweeh with them but I will be at my apartment tonight and I just realized I'm going to have to do this on my own. Should I just recite the surahs I know? Should I try to recite short surahs I know a bit (here come the mistakes!!)? Is there a streaming taraweeh station on the internet I can just tune in to?

I stumped the fiancé with my question so I'm hoping someone here can give me an answer.

Thank you so very much!

Walaikum salaam!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Wa alaikum asalam!

Ooh, fiance' mashaAllah, congrats! And welcome back to the forums, btw, I was wondering where you'd gone! :)

As for how to pray taraweeh- it's the exact same as normal prayers. There's no specific verses or surah's you have to read, just recite whatever it is you know. If you like, you could also read from a Quran placed next to you while you pray, if you'd like to do longer surah's that you don't yet know.

أبو سليمان عمر
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
well akhi if you can read arabic then u can read from the quran well praying if u cant read arabic say that which u know
i know in the obligated salat Those who cannot recite the Faatiha may say instead (Subhanah Allah, Al-Hamdulillah, and la Illaah Illallaah, Allaahu Akbar, and laa Hawlah wa Laa Quwata Illaa bil-laah) which means: I declare Allaah far removed from all imperfection, and deserving all the Praise, and that there is no true God other than Allaah).
but dont know if it is ok for nafil salat si the best thing is to ask a scholar akhi

Ibn-Shakoor
09-02-2009, 07:27 PM
:sl:
You can pray taraweeh at home with the recitation of the surahs you know,long or short,if you are capable of recitating any surah you know,you may recite it with the pure intention. As far as I know you can pray in Arabic or English. I would suggest that you ask one person in your family to sit with the Quran behind you and look for any mistakes. That way they can reform your mistakes both in English or Arabic. May Allaah guide all of us and keep us capable of attending Taraweeh every day, ameen.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.