/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Supposing you found the perfect spouse

Muhaba
09-04-2009, 08:32 PM
He/she has everything you've been lookin for in a spouse. The only thing is you have to relocate to another city/state/country in order to marry him/her. Would you do it or would you reject him/her because of this? Post your thoughts. Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abu_musab461
09-05-2009, 12:16 AM
i would never relocate, except if it was for the sake of my deen, meaning i can practice my islam better in the new place, then i would get the reward of doing hijrah.

Humbler_359
09-05-2009, 12:35 AM
:sl:

Some of members asking questions about finding spouse, marriages, husband and wife issues. I would like to request our Moderators to consider kindly to add new topic in the front page, would say "Marriages in Islam." It would be interesting as I thought. It is up to you.

cat eyes
09-05-2009, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359

Some of members asking questions about finding spouse, marriages, husband and wife issues. I would like to request our Moderators to consider kindly to add new topic in the front page, would say "Marriages in Islam." It would be interesting as I thought. It is up to you.
i agree. everything is mixed discussions :><:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abu_musab461
09-05-2009, 12:44 AM
oh no such thing as perfect spouse- every marriage will have arguments etc.

Even the prophet (pbuh) who was the best of creation, and aisha (ra) the best woman of her time argued and got upset with each other.

But ultimatly thier love prevailed.

Afifa
09-05-2009, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
He/she has everything you've been lookin for in a spouse. The only thing is you have to relocate to another city/state/country in order to marry him/her. Would you do it or would you reject him/her because of this? Post your thoughts. Thanks!
If like you said they have everything you were looking for then their wouldnt be a problem moving for me. Rejecting them just because they live some place else isnt a valid reason in my opinion. You're going to be living with them...doesn't really matter where.

Any topics on Marriage would go into the Family and Society area :).

format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461

Even the prophet (pbuh) who was the best of creation, and aisha (ra) the best woman of her time argued and got upset with each other.

I think she means that they had all the qualities you were looking for in a spouse...not that the marriage would be perfect. Like you said every marraige will have arguments...and thats what will make them stronger.

S_87
09-05-2009, 11:12 AM

we used to have a marriage section but it closed for a reason.. :)

as for original question yes i definitely would depending on which country it was.

ژاله
09-05-2009, 11:20 AM
if the country in which the potential lives is beautiful, eg it has beautiful lakes,cascades, lush green forests, cool climate, rivers and seas, no pollution, meadows etc, then moving to that country would be exciting :p innit?
i think it differs from person to person what do they prefer, country or spouse.
personally i would put the person first if the person has got everything you look for in a spouse, and not their location.

crayon
09-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I'd do it in a heartbeat. I love moving around.

Caller الداعي
09-05-2009, 01:55 PM
salams i think its different for men and women usually men wouldnt find it a problem but for women it could be difficult. i personnally dont mind as long as i can do the work of deen ova ther.

S_87
09-05-2009, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caller
salams i think its different for men and women usually men wouldnt find it a problem but for women it could be difficult. i personnally dont mind as long as i can do the work of deen ova ther.
i thought itd be other way round in a way since generally women move to their husbands Allah knows best.

also you never know where you will end up, my mum moved to my dads country from the uk and there was no plan of her returning to the uk to live, but 10 years after they did

Muhaba
09-05-2009, 06:18 PM
YEs that is true. I think it would generally be easier for the woman to move to the man's area, because she doesn't need to worry about finding work or house etc. She can depend on her husdand for a while until she finds work if she wants to work. the guy on the other hand is responsible for supporting the wife so it might be difficult to find work in the new area quickly which will hinder his decision to relocate.

Also I think one always takes into consideration where they are being asked to move. If someone asked me to move to india or Pakistan, I wouldn't be willing. But if they asked me to move to Europe or UAE, anywhere close to where my family lives, I would be willing.

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 01:32 AM
i honestly would not have any problem to relocate for the man of my dreams mmm:statisfie

Snowflake
09-06-2009, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461

I was going to say the same first sentence. JazakAllahu khayr for the example akhi.

Sis Muhaba,

Despite there being no such thing as a perfect spouse i.e. without faults, I would move across the world (in time lol) if he was "perfect to me with his flaws - in the sense that perfection to me in a human being is in one who isn't faultless, but who strives in the cause of Allah to the best of his ability".

Also, 'in the cause of Allah' to me means he who is going beyond just fulfilling his daily obligations and doing bigger things like building mosques, orphanges, madrasas etc etc. :D

Humbler_359
09-15-2009, 04:49 AM
YEs that is true. I think it would generally be easier for the woman to move to the man's area, because she doesn't need to worry about finding work or house etc. She can depend on her husdand for a while until she finds work if she wants to work. the guy on the other hand is responsible for supporting the wife so it might be difficult to find work in the new area quickly which will hinder his decision to relocate.

Also I think one always takes into consideration where they are being asked to move. If someone asked me to move to india or Pakistan, I wouldn't be willing. But if they asked me to move to Europe or UAE, anywhere close to where my family lives, I would be willing.

:sl: muhaba,

It would be nice if a woman is willing to move to future husband's location, it would be a fresh start and new beginning. Later, husband will possible move to somewhere if job offers. I think, it would be easier for woman to consider.

I missed UAE, very peace country and easier to drive to Saudi Arabia for Hajj. I had a great fond of memories in the past. I want to live there for the rest of my life:nervous:, passport seem difficult, i think. I want to travel there someday. Europe is same as North America but I love Canada, I don't forget my root country Pakistan!

I raised living in many different locations and different countries (born in Pakistan, Abu Dhabi, UK, Canada, US-education degree).

I want to thank to Allah (SWT) for smooth travel worldwide, Ameen!

Amanda
09-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I moved from Canada to Indonesia, mainly for my husband. I moved here one year before we were married, so that I could get to know him better and know that it was the right choice. It's hard being so far from my family, but it is definitely worth it. So far I have no regrets, and insha'allah I never will.

Cabdullahi
09-18-2009, 11:34 AM
if she's the adventurous type and wants to go to timbuktu then no

- IqRa -
09-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Love can make a person give up their life for the other person, then what is moving to another state in front of that...?

Cabdullahi
09-18-2009, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Love can make a person give up their life for the other person, then what is moving to another state in front of that...?
that's your version of love where the setting is in a green mountain one guy standing at one end and the girl at the other,they both make eye contact and start to run in slow motion whilst a piano is being played....that is bollywood hype
if the bride wants to go ......im not going to timbuktu!!!

- IqRa -
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
You won't realise the deepness of love until you fall in it...

Santoku
09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
If he/she was perfect you would not have to move, but if he/she is that good I would say it is a no brainer.

mingzayni88
09-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Salaam,

It depends where I would have to relocate. Some places I just don't want to live.

mingzayni88
09-19-2009, 12:45 PM
(To my above post)

But then again if they are 'perfect' for me maybe we can meet some kind of compromise, like a place I like that's not too far from where he lives or a city we both like......Idk... :/

S_87
09-19-2009, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
If he/she was perfect you would not have to move, but if he/she is that good I would say it is a no brainer.
what if the 'perfect' person just happened to live in another country. one of you would have to move...

Santoku
09-19-2009, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
what if the 'perfect' person just happened to live in another country. one of you would have to move...
Then they would not be perfect, as they would (albeit unintentionally) cause a problem.

Muhaba
09-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Perfect means they've got everything you want in a spouse, even if they have some flaws. It doesn't mean they are totally 100% perfect.

Muhaba
09-20-2009, 07:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
You won't realise the deepness of love until you fall in it...

Yes, I agree. If someone were truly in love, they'd do just about anything to be with their love.

Love is such an awesome thing!

Cabdullahi
09-20-2009, 08:26 AM
^ blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah+o(

S_87
09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
Then they would not be perfect, as they would (albeit unintentionally) cause a problem.
nah moving isnt a problem all the time :statisfie

Najm
09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

My wife to be is quintessentially perfect !!! Alhamdulillah :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

Ive got 35 days to be her ideal man too, and inshaAllah help me all the way to Jannah! :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

In fact the wife-to-be is reloacting to live with me. Its amazing :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

mingzayni88
09-20-2009, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
^ blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah+o(
:giggling: LOL

format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

My wife to be is quintessentially perfect !!! Alhamdulillah :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

Ive got 35 days to be her ideal man too, and inshaAllah help me all the way to Jannah! :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

In fact the wife-to-be is reloacting to live with me. Its amazing :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah
Mashallah, Congratulations!!:)

Cabdullahi
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mingzayni88
:giggling: LOL
who ever is going to bermuda will be lucky

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.