/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Crying during salat

Zane
09-05-2009, 01:18 PM
:sl:
During salat on occasions I remember all of the sins i've commited and start to shed tears, is this permissable?

Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dovelove
09-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I do think it is allowed well I hope it is, it shows we are really sorry cos if we wasnt we wouldnt be crying, I did read about it somewhere that to cry for forgiveness shows sincerity and inshAllah we will be forgiven and strengthened so not as to make the same sins again.

I think we cry cos we feel bad for earning Allahs anger by making sins and when we beg for forgiveness in such a way we aknowledging we done bad so we are not ignorant to the fact we will be punished, which can only be a good thing and deter us in the future inshAllah.

And recently I did see many people on the Ramadan prayers crying much throughout the salat, it was on TV, I asked a friend why they all crying and they say that cos its Ramadan they are crying for forgiveness cos is a blessed month. So I guess its ok to cry at any salat cos Allah is always there to forgive when we ask sincerely and he is the Most Merciful.

Salam

Ramadhan
09-25-2009, 07:18 AM
My ustad once said it's okay to cry during salat, as long as it's not exaggerated/over the top.

GreyKode
09-25-2009, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
My ustad once said it's okay to cry during salat, as long as it's not exaggerated/over the top.
I agree, exxageration in crying annoys others especially if youre the Imam,
I personally consider in some cases a sign of hypocrisy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimbhai
10-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Subahanallah, if ur doing prayer alone, and u cry inconsolably in salat...thats not hypocrisy..thats a solid sign of true faith...i have cried in solat too...but not inconsolably...i want to...i really do..

GuestFellow
10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I know one guy who began to cry really loud....during salat. It was not normal and very creepy. It sounded like a banshee O______________o

Rasema
10-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Abdullah ibn ash-Schikhir relates:'I saw the messenger of Allah praying and his chest was'buzzing',like the buzzing of a cooking pot,due to crying".

'Umar(r.a.) prayed fajer and recited Surah Yusuf, and when he reached the verse "I expose my distress and anguish only unto Allah," he raised his voice in crying."

There is more hadeeths to this. I'll say this one because it made me cry. When one of the ashaba recited(he was the best reciter of the time) the verse that says, something like"And what will happen when we bring you as a witness to them" something like that, I wish someone could quote the verse.The OProphet,saws,started crying.:cry:

I couldn't take hajj. I went to mesjid ones and when imams gathered and reciting"la illahe illellah" I was crying and it was embarrassing but I couldn't stop crying. Well, you could only see a bunch of tears but it was embarrassing!!!

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 01:47 AM
i dunnoe whether this was from Hadith or from the Quran, it goes something like this: "Allah's mercy overpowers His Arrogance" Allah is THE merciful(Ar-Rahim), Allah is THE arragont(Al-Jabbar)..but, His Mercy overpowers His arragonce...i was in tears when i heard/read this....

Iris
11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
^ Is the world really 'arrogance' though??

MSalman
11-18-2009, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
I agree, exxageration in crying annoys others especially if youre the Imam,
I personally consider in some cases a sign of hypocrisy.

brother, do you know what is in the hearts of people? Can you please explain how it is a sign of hypocrisy? How can crying, while reciting the beautiful words of Allah, by pondering over them & fearing Allah annoy people, this is beyond me?

AlHoda
11-18-2009, 09:07 PM
If you don't cry is that a bad sign, i find it really hard to cry. Not out arrogance, does this mean I am a hypocrite. I once cried a lot over a sin.

Abdul Qadir
11-30-2009, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
If you don't cry is that a bad sign, i find it really hard to cry. Not out arrogance, does this mean I am a hypocrite. I once cried a lot over a sin.
Some ppl won't get as emotional as others..its perfectly normal...one example is our Prophet SAW...so its actually a quality rather than a disadvantage. And the very fact that ur worried that u might be a hypocrite shows ur faith..and u have also cried over a sin...ur indeed a Mu'meen allahu a'alam..

Abdul Qadir
11-30-2009, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iris
i am sorry sister, but i can't understand what ur trying to say...

Abdul Qadir
11-30-2009, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iris
u mean the word? it can be translated to The compeller, The most Arragont, and some other words. Different scholars have different ways to derive this.

Dagless
11-30-2009, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
u mean the word? it can be translated to The compeller, The most Arragont, and some other words. Different scholars have different ways to derive this.
I agree with the sister; do you actually mean arrogant? I think you mean another word because arrogant is a negative attribute, it implies vanity, and God has no negative attributes.
For example humans can be forgiving or just, but Allah is the forgiving and the just. Humans can be jealous or arrogant, but these attributes cannot apply to God because they are negative.

Abdul Qadir
12-01-2009, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
I agree with the sister; do you actually mean arrogant? I think you mean another word because arrogant is a negative attribute, it implies vanity, and God has no negative attributes.
For example humans can be forgiving or just, but Allah is the forgiving and the just. Humans can be jealous or arrogant, but these attributes cannot apply to God because they are negative.
well, its not like that...for e.g can we call anger a negative trait?...but Allah will get angry...we can't really say its a negative trait...

Ramadhan
12-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Isn't there a hadith that says crying while reading Al Qur'an (from the book) is mustahhab?

Can anyone enlighten about this?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.