/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our Beautiful Religion

Nazia Ansari
09-06-2009, 01:06 AM
I am a 26 year old girl who was born as a muslim and grew up in a muslim family. My father is not a fanatic but he taught us the important lessons of Islam. As i approached my teens i often veered away from the righteous path and i would find my way back. Being a good muslim in this day and age is difficult for some. Temptations, busy lifestyle and hard economic times sometimes occupy our mind and time and we sometimes forget about religion. This is a battle i find myself in often. Therefore, i would say that although i am born muslim i find that i am on a similar journey as a revert. Now that i am experiencing life as it is, i find that i was a blank slate and was not practicing or learning Islam. I was a muslim to the extent that i'd fast during the month of Ramadhan... And thats it. My prayers have often fluctuated. Now i find myself searching for answers from Islam. That's why i say i am almost like a revert. I lived an unislamic life and now i am turning to this beautiful religion. As i look around i see why Islam is best. It is a moral religion, offers emotional support, prescribes a way of life and gives hope. I love my religion and i see the beauty of it especially after experiencing the life that many lead today. The life that involves immorality and the chase for worldly things. Now that i have discovered my religion i no longer feel the importance toward petty issues and i can go through hard times in peace. I can overcome obstacles as my religion teaches me that God has a plan for us all. We just have to have faith and trust as well as be the best we can be in any given situation. Life is a test. Sometimes we can control what happens but whether we are in control or not, the main test is how we carry ourselves in good and bad times. All Islam asks is for us to love God, trust him and be kind hearted. That's what the Pillars of Islam come down to. Loving and trusting God by declaring that there is none other than Him as well as praying to show our adoration. Fasting as a way to cleanse ourselves and appreciate what we have. Paying alms to encourage us to be good hearted. And going for Hajj, even that pillar is lenient as it takes into consideration if someone can afford it. Our religion has been misunderstood. The truth is that it is a logical religion. All the things that we have been encouraged to do have a logical basis. If we all lived an Islamic life, this world would not be polluted. Learn Islam and discover the beauty. It's a religion based on Common Sense.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
khalid zaheer
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Assalaam o alaikum

You are perfectly alright, I pray to Allah for you and all of us for success to be a true muslim

regards

Ramadhan
09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Sister Nazia, your post reflect my own personal live journey and the re-discovery of our beautiful deen.
It's heartening that more and more people are becoming reverts, be they born muslims or otherwise.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.