/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Loosing my hair :(

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Salaams im hoping the sisters can help me on this one.. (still cannot get into the sisters room ..aaarrghhh)

Ive always had really nice thick hair, every now and ten i go through phases where it falls out really fast, and now is one of them . My hair feels really weak, if i comb my fingers through my hair quite abit comes out, I am aneamic could this be why? Im only 20, im tooo young to be loosing my hair :cry:

I hate brushing my hair,i just leve it tied up most of the time, my hairs going thinner and i hate it, I dont use products on my hair or straightenig irons so i havent damaged my hair.

Plus i feel like my hijab is making me bold from the front, im gettling slight patches, could it because the fabrice rubs on that area?

Is there any remedies i could try for my hair, ive heard of rubbing lot of oil in the hair and leaving it for a few hours. I really want stronger healthier hair! Pleaaaaaseeee help me
xxx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mysticalrain
09-07-2009, 02:46 PM
looool I know how you feel I had GREY HAIRS when I was 16 lol you're either gonna have to find very potent product or just deal with it! But you wear headscarf, it will not be that visible?

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Omg i have got grey hairs, just a few on the left side of my head, i think its becuase i suffer from headaches, i know i wear a scarf and its not visible. but i had soooooo much hair it was like a bush lol now itsl like a twig. Its upsetting me i dont want to loose anymore, thats the best way i cud describe it haha

Cabdullahi
09-07-2009, 02:52 PM
dont tie your hair back tightly whilst putting the scarf on it will cause to bring about a receding hair line...i dont know if this is true but i heard my sister say it to another sister of mine

what i say is that its the shaytan trying to put you off

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mysticalrain
09-07-2009, 02:58 PM
I still got grey hair on the left side only it pisses me off so much makes me mad but I just guess that i have to deal with cards I am handled.

BUT LOSE STRESS. NO MORE STRESS. What I learned is that mind can help with dealing of the matter in circumstances like this yes

also go to the doc and see if you have problems and get some vitamin supplements and EXCERCISE and get good sleep and maybe get a product to restore the color thats all i know ok good luck

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 02:58 PM
I wil never take my hijab off so the shaitaan cannot put me off my hijab i loove it too much, yeah ive got iron deficiancy but i ae the tablets to and arent they meant to make your hair grow longer to?
I was hoping some one could give me some remedies for the hair using natual products,

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanx sis, i will loose the stress i guess it doesnt help being at uni and having the extra pressure on me, well i can sleep for the world lol. I guess i should work on my diet next. And i will have to drag myself to the docs i hate going though.

mysticalrain
09-07-2009, 03:02 PM
READ HERE HERE

S_87
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM
hmm losing hair in patches? see a doctor you *could* have a case of alopecia.

other than that, yes put in olive oil its v good for hair. and dont wash your hair everyday. and stress is a cause of hair loss.

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Im not loosing my hair in pathes its just faling out in strands, and getting thinner, and its proper weak.

mysticalrain
09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I am not woman i just cant speak the english good at all, I am italia so I cant do anything about that, english very hard language russian easier

I also had an aunt who had very problems with hair shes fine now so i have experience from knowing and when i was child 16 17 i had lots of hair and health problems man i dont know if its by own will or something but things i thought i had would never heal. but they were fine and clean now.

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Loooool i am sooo sooryyyy it doesnt say whether your male or female, i just assumed. Ooooops!

sweetgujjigal
09-07-2009, 03:14 PM
hey sis
i once had really long hair down to my knees at one point once i got it cut it dint grow much again and went quite thin:( but this differs wid diffrent ppl i'v had my hair cut by ma grandma n it has been growing still thin tho:(, best thing is use hair oil not too strong, i use amla/jasmine hair oil sometimes you can leave it in for few days if you wish its food to ur hair and calms ur mind in a way lol just masage it in with your fingers and dont drench your hair in it mainly yur scalp and just slightly on the rest of your hair so it is not left dry, don't stress too much either it wont help, and i'v had iron tablets before didnt do anyfin for ma hair, i've had vitamin e tablets from booots too but still didnt help, lol i once went 2 a chinese health store and just walked out again as they charged tablets for hair loss £100 for 1 course lmao.

ALSO don't use shampoos that have a chemical overload in them, i've noticed using conditioners wid shampoos help,and don't blow dry TOWEL DRY and then comb out knots you will have some weak hair come out but just let it dry naturally :)
let me know if this works for you sis as me and my sis does this it does work!!!

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:14 PM
To tell u the truth i havent taken them since ramadan started i am supposed to be taking them three times a day, so at iftari i forget and sehri will i be on a differnt planet at that time.

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweetgujjigal
hey sis
i once had really long hair down to my knees at one point once i got it cut it dint grow much again and went quite thin:( but this differs wid diffrent ppl i'v had my hair cut by ma grandma n it has been growing still thin tho:(, best thing is use hair oil not too strong, i use amla/jasmine hair oil sometimes you can leave it in for few days if you wish its food to ur hair and calms ur mind in a way lol just masage it in with your fingers and dont drench your hair in it mainly yur scalp and just slightly on the rest of your hair so it is not left dry, don't stress too much either it wont help, and i'v had iron tablets before didnt do anyfin for ma hair, i've had vitamin e tablets from booots too but still didnt help, lol i once went 2 a chinese health store and just walked out again as they charged tablets for hair loss £100 for 1 course lmao.

ALSO don't use shampoos that have a chemical overload in them, i've noticed using conditioners wid shampoos help,and don't blow dry TOWEL DRY and then comb out knots you will have some weak hair come out but just let it dry naturally :)
let me know if this works for you sis as me and my sis does this it does work!!!

Ok kewl im going to try the oil thing and get a differnt shampoo. i always towel dry my hair, Lol i went to a chinse shop to and **** was it expensive but i didnt trust that woman what sh was showing me looked well dodgy,

Yay ur from yorkshire, me 2 lol xxx

Muhaba
09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
i don't have much to say in this situation as i don't know much about it. All i can say is that you should brush/comb your hair daily as it increases circulation. Also avoid stress as i've heard it causes hair loss.

Cabdullahi
09-07-2009, 03:19 PM
dont forget amla oil!

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Alma oil stinks!!! lol i rembember my mum used to pile it on me when i was little

sweetgujjigal
09-07-2009, 03:24 PM
lol my iron levels were low few years back i took them for 3months and afta that went for chekup i was fine i used to miss some tablets coz dint rely like takin medication, anyhow c the difference take em at sehri, iftar n later on in the nyt mayb after tarabee time? lol keep the tablets with you!so u know u gotta take em, and make sure you eat foods with high iron levels like red meat and your greens(the more green they are the more it helps) this will help also lol i'm starting to sound like a doctor:P

S_87
09-07-2009, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
dont forget amla oil!
i had friends whose parents used that on them and YUK

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Aww great, thanx for all the advice, now i need to stop stressing, eat good stuff, take my tablets, get sumat herbal, see the docs and pile amla oil on my hair, Great!

sweetgujjigal
09-07-2009, 03:28 PM
lol amla stinks but u'l get used to it hehe it actually smells nyc just dont overload it too much dat u'l faint lol:P wat dus ur mum say about this yes and muhaba is right also about brush/combing the hair, few ov my hair strands kum out when i wash and comb it but i tend not too comb2much just clip it up lol but its good to get your knots out

bint_ali
09-07-2009, 03:28 PM
As salam alaikum

Change the parting in your hair sis that will help. A lot of sisters keep a middle parting because it's eaiser but having a side parting helps to keep it from falling out.

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I piled my hair with amla oil a while back, wrapped it in a towel for an hour then when i tried getting it out, it was a disaster, i had to wash myhair like 5 times. So i think i might go with olive oil lol

sweetgujjigal
09-07-2009, 03:30 PM
lol jus go for the amla oils that are dark green and if you happen to go to an indian shop they can advise u also, have u been cannon mills there is one stall ther that has products from india n ther gud as we'v bought em from india

Woodrow
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
You stated that you suffer from anemia. Hair lose is a typical symptom of anemia. Although iron supplements help treat anemia you need to trea the actual cause of the anemia and get that clearedaway. some causes of anemia are:

Thyroid problems

Improper diet

Vitamin deficiency

Hidden Blood Lose

Etc.

Work with your doctor on finding the cause of your anemia, get that corrected and your hair will return. While iron deficiency is a cause of anemia, it is basically a symptom of another problem, you need to find the cause of the iron deficiency,not just treat it.

sweetgujjigal
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
erm not sure bout olive oil have used that b4 but use it for dry skin mostly

sweetgujjigal
09-07-2009, 03:38 PM
let me know how it goes tcre sis x

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 03:38 PM
The doctor did do like soo many blood tests and did find a cause but i canot discuss it here, i never took the tablets i got given becuase they made me ill.
I guess i am going to have to go back to the docs again in the mean time work on my diet aswell and take my medicatioN. Thanx everyone for helping me.
And yh i have been to cannon mills once, but Amla oil is available here where i live lol so i will have to start using it again.

جوري
09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I think you should heed the advise of the brs, and srs. here who have urged you to seek medical attention. Any number of things can cause hair loss in women.
Any organ in your body not operating optimally is telling you something about your body's inside health!

Also, if your problem is genetic in origin, then there are medications that can halt the process, they will not return the hair lost, but will prevent new hair loss..

Sometimes I don't understand why sisters don't seek medical help?
Say if someone has polycystic ovary disease, and their hair keeps falling out and they grow a beard, a buffalo hump, and become obese the longer they wait the more damage that is irreversible is taking place, plus the added risk of diabetes and cancer and infertility, then you have someone here passing advise on the ills of birth control pills when in fact along with metformin, or possibly cyst ablation is a good standard of care for someone in such a condition.. waiting on a problem WILL NOT MAKE IT GO AWAY.. also those of you living in the UK have absolutely no problem in seeking medical attention. If you were in the U.S and had no insurance I would understand, it is the reason I didn't seek health care when I was really sick unless on death's door.. being hospitalized once here for severe migraine with visual disturbances cost me $1500 just for triage I wasn't even admitted and I was given two meds, one of them wouldn't cost more than $20.. appropriately jacked up in a hospital setting to meet with their fees.. but what is your excuse for not seeking help in England?

:w:

Rasema
09-07-2009, 07:43 PM
:sl:
If it's iron,eat a lot of beans made as a soup. You can get it in any super market. I don't like medicine +o(. No one can change my mind on this,skye;D

Don't worry about it too much. If you worry about it it'll keep falling off. Everyone goes through what you do. It could be in genes. Just guessing.

Cut your hair, leave it alone, don't use those spay products or highlights etc...

If your hair doesn't stop falling off than seek medical help,if possible?

cat eyes
09-07-2009, 10:04 PM
i have very long thick hair also and dose fall out in shower but alhamdulilah it never got thin and i know this thing is common with girls with thick hair but if it is thining out to much its a sign that there's something going on with your body. you see when there's something wrong with us, your body reacts to it weather its a itchy spot on your ear or a rash on your leg could be a sign something major is wrong so i would seek help straight away and don't wait and don't stress either, it will make it worse.:)

miss_hijabi
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Ok now im really stressing what if there is something really wrong with me. I will deffo go to the docs and tell them about this.

Rasema
09-07-2009, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by miss_hijabi
Ok now im really stressing what if there is something really wrong with me. I will deffo go to the docs and tell them about this.
:sl:
Tell your doctor about it.
Don't worry, what if you were without an arm or something. Allah,subhana wa Ta'ala, knows why He does things.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-07-2009, 10:47 PM
my cousin went through something similar my uncle tells me.

she went doctors - got some meds - and it was all good after that. Alhamdulillaah

Woodrow
09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Just from reading your posts I suspect you have low thyroid functioning. A low dosage of levothyroxin will have you back with full hair in a few weeks. This is just a guess not a medical diagnosis. I am not qualified to give medical advice on a forum. Check with your Doctor and be cerain a thyroid function test is done.

miss_hijabi
09-08-2009, 12:00 AM
i did have a thyroid test and my levels where fine, my iron, calcium and vitamin D where low.

جوري
09-08-2009, 12:06 AM
i did have a thyroid test and my levels where fine, my iron, calcium and vitamin D where low.
Going purely on your words and description of your labs, it is possible then you've Hypoparathyroidism..
Google it and see if some of the symptoms of which hair loss, tetany and dry skin are cardinal .. it is a condition that needs to be treated..

No one can diagnose you on the web, even licensed physicians, going purely on your description alone, and what you say of your labs.. you need to check your parathyroid gland and possibly your kidney function to determine whether it is primary, secondary or tertiary cause to your symptoms...

and Allah swt knows best..

May he grant you fast shifa'a .. I just want to impress upon you though that, if you have an endocrine problem, hair loss is rather cosmetic and is the least of your problems..

:w:

Woodrow
09-08-2009, 12:09 AM
That sounds like you need to keep away from MacDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and other fast food places and concentrate on a healthy 4 square diet.

Also heed the words of Sister Skye above. She made a very good observation in her last post.

syilla
09-08-2009, 04:57 AM
ukhtee... try drinking lots of milk... or do you don't like drinking milk?

then try soy drink :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.