/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading Qur'an

sicking4Ileem
09-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Aslam Alaikum

Dear brothers/sisters, i was woundering if it was okie for women to read Qur'an when they are in their period (monthly). I know touching it is not alowed, but what about reading it?

thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
khalid zaheer
09-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Assalaam o alaikum

Where the Quran says, "it is prohibited for women to touch and read the quran during their periods?"

regards

sicking4Ileem
09-24-2009, 07:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalid zaheer
Assalaam o alaikum

Where the Quran says, "it is prohibited for women to touch and read the quran during their periods?"

regards

Could you please direct me to the ayaa that says that, as I've been told that we can not touch it but we can read it without touching it. What if I've memorised it & read it off by heart?

Thank you

Galibi Derwish
09-25-2009, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sicking4Ileem
Aslam Alaikum

Dear brothers/sisters, i was woundering if it was okie for women to read Qur'an when they are in their period (monthly). I know touching it is not alowed, but what about reading it?

thank you

Just They can do Zikr ( Lailahe illah) . But they can read sures to protect themselves except Fatiha by heart.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
:sl:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2564

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.