/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Staying at the in-laws

imran moon star
09-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Salaam everyone,

I have been married for just over a year and recently I stayed over at my in-laws place for the weekend.

However I am aware in some traditions this is not advised. How this relates to Islam I am not sure and was wondering if anyone had advice on the matter.

Is it ok for Muslim men to stay at their in-laws after marriage ?
Did the prophet ever do this ?

Thank you

Imran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ieshia
09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
If you can't think of any harm from this then there probably isn't any.

btw are you just going there to visit or actually moving in? Either way there is nothing wrong with it, as long as you show respect and are permitted to stay. Just don't be a free loader.

happy
09-26-2009, 01:03 PM
If your moving then there is alot of things to consider
for example if she have sister it will be hard cuz she have eb covered 24/7 but if your visiting for days then it's okay cuz they are like your parent.

Ar-RaYYan
09-26-2009, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imran moon star
Is it ok for Muslim men to stay at their in-laws after marriage ?
why shouldnt it be ok?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
09-26-2009, 01:38 PM
^ i think the brother was scared of an ambush

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.