/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when it could be time for au revoir

Tony
09-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Sometimes I feel much too old for this forum !! I enjoy it here but not sure how helpful it is to others at times, well, trying to cut down and veiw from afar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hrm
09-09-2009, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
Sometimes I feel much too old for this forum !! I enjoy it here but not sure how helpful it is to others at times, well, trying to cut down and veiw from afar
Tony :sl: :statisfie
brother hope you are doing great this Ramadan.
A good question you put forward " how helpful is islamicboard forum to others"
Brother answer is very simple. It is immensely helpful not only to a person who would like to contribute something for ummah and thus gain rewards but also to a layman who reads and understands things which were never explained to them before. Reading with authentic narration from the Hadis and direct quotation from the Quran like the one you quote evertime you post a thread are very helpful :

"O ye who belive! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that you may succeed"

These are called reminders and Quran is all about reminders. Sometimes one feels weak, tired, frustrated and exausted but these ayats are used as revivals for the ummah. Alhumduallah.
So as far as I am concerned brother I am benefiting and also contributing :statisfie
:wa:

M..x
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
Salaam. I think it can be as helpful as you make it to be..

S_87
09-09-2009, 06:00 PM
too old? we have woodrow here and even hes not too old! and i dont think youre anywhere near his age..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Tony, if you are worried whether you are of benefit to people in this forum, just look at your reps - they should speak for themselves.

Besides, you cannot leave me on my own with all these youngsters ... they would eat me alive!! :D

But seriously, I know what you mean.
Sometimes I feel out of place here too, at other times I feel simply too involved and too drawn into this forum.
Occasionally I take time out - perhaps a few days, sometimes weeks or even months. Often when I do that I feel a real sense of relief and freedom ... but I am always glad to return and check up on old (or not so old!) friends.

Take care and walk with God, brother - whatever you decide to do!

Cabdullahi
09-09-2009, 06:30 PM
^ No we wouldn't aunty

woodrow is a young man with a radiant face after seeing him
and brother tk the forum is for everybody young and old

cat eyes
09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
no tony don't leave:'( you are part of the family here.

and we need revert muslims here so we can help newly revert members and non muslims who wish to be muslim so we need somebody wise like you! don't leave! how could you even think about it:enough!:<_<

Tony
09-11-2009, 05:06 PM
May Allah bless you brothers and sisters.Ameen

blazingflames17
09-12-2009, 02:29 PM
There always comes a time when we need to hang up our bootsIf you feel it's time to move on, then do that. I'm new here though and I'll say that you do contribute very much to this forum.

All the best in your decisions.

syilla
09-14-2009, 01:56 AM
salams...

i think i'm too old for this board too... :( huhuhu.

I'm trying to cut down a bit here and there... huhu

IslamicRevival
09-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Too old? There is no such thing!

zakirs
09-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Besides, you cannot leave me on my own with all these youngsters ... they would eat me alive!!
I am not sure on that part :D...

Tony bro.. Age doesn't matter , its heart that matters and any way the more the experience the more the knowledge

Rabi'ya
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
:sl:

BRother Tony. Islamicboard for me started out as a little bit of fun. But I have come to realise that at times of low imaan or when I am feeling alone there are always people here to help me. Islamicboard has given me many many pieces of information and I always feel better for coming online. I agre that sometime one can waste time on here. But again its about self control. I really believe that it is a fantastic forum and really does benefit people. ME for sure :) I come online nowhere near as much as I used to but the little contact I have with IB certainly is beneficial. Don't leave......just slow it own a bit :) inshAllah u wil reap rewards both in real life and online :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.