/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hypothroydism

tommyketchup
09-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Salaam,

I have to take 150mg of thyroxin everyday, and these pills are quite small. I can take these pills without water, and was wondering if I can take them during the fast.

These pills can not be taken with food, and they have to be taken outside of meal hours, pref on a empty stomach.

If I take them outside of fasting hours, then I have to either, a) at iftari time, open my fast with these pills, and wait for 1 hour before eating a date, or b) wait until sehri time, and close the fast by not eating anything, and closing the fast with these pills and a swig of water.
Also

I suffer from an underactive thyroid, and I need to go and get my blood tested on a regular basis, and was wondering if having to give a blood sample will invalidate my fast. I will not be ingesting anything, and the only thing entering my body will be a needle in the arm, which will be taking blood only.

Hoping for a quick response.
Jazakallah
TK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
09-11-2009, 01:20 AM
salams...

Anything that goes into the opening of the stomach will invalidate the fast. If you think you can't eat it in between after iftaar and sahr - the time that you can eat...then probably you can not fast and you have to make up for some other time.

actually...after the iftari time...a few hours of eating...i think you can take the pills.

and taking blood for testing...from what i've learned...it should not invalidate your fast. But if you have to put in glucose or water in your body via tube than thats invalidate your fast.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!