/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan rules on religous and world affairs debate

glo
09-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I have noticed several threads with religious and/or political content creeping into the general and advice sections.

Just a reminder that Ramadan is a time for peace and reflection and drawing closer to God, and that we should try to refrain from unnecessary and distracting debate and arguments - not only because the mods say so and have closed certain forums, but because it is right and good for us to do so.

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
09-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Couldn't agree more. Thanks for the reminder glo.

Cabdullahi
09-10-2009, 02:06 PM
an absolute sick reminder thanks aunty!

glo
09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
an absolute sick reminder thanks aunty!
lol
I'm only just learning that 'being sick' is a positive thing in the eyes of some (youngsters) :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
its abit childish but it has become habitual for me
we're in the last ten days this is the final sprint in this 30 day marathon i hope we complete it,to be forgiven from our sins..and to attain spiritual greatness
ameen

glo
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
we're in the last ten days this is the final sprint in this 30 day marathon i hope we complete it,to be forgiven from our sins..and to attain spiritual greatness
ameen
The month goes by quickly, doesn't it?

abu_musab461
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
We spend the first ten days debating if we should pray 8 raka or 20 raka for tarawih (while most dont bother praying fajr)

The next ten days we neither debate nor make effort to pray tarawih.

And the last ten days back to debating when The Night of Power is, rather than seeking it or worshipping Allah (swt) in it. and when is Eid and the whole moon sighting debate.

Muslims are the best at wasting time debating-

USE the LAST TEN DAYS FULLY AND WISELY- WE MIGHT NOT BE ALIVE TO SEE ANOTHER RAMADHAN.

THIS NIGHT IS BETTER THAN 1000 MONTHS (83 YEARS APPROX) LONGER THAN MOST OF US WILL LIVE.

Muslim Woman
09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
....Just a reminder that Ramadan is a time for peace and reflection and drawing closer to God, and that we should try to refrain from unnecessary and distracting debate
dear glo ; so sweet of u :statisfie

thanks for the good advice ; God bless u :)

Amadeus85
09-10-2009, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

Just a reminder that Ramadan is a time for peace and reflection and drawing closer to God, and that we should try to refrain from unnecessary and distracting debate and arguments - not only because the mods say so and have closed certain forums, but because it is right and good for us to do so.

Salaam
You also fast Glo?

Cabdullahi
09-10-2009, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
You also fast Glo?
yes sir just like jesus

GreyKode
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
We spend the first ten days debating if we should pray 8 raka or 20 raka for tarawih (while most dont bother praying fajr)

The next ten days we neither debate nor make effort to pray tarawih.

And the last ten days back to debating when The Night of Power is, rather than seeking it or worshipping Allah (swt) in it. and when is Eid and the whole moon sighting debate.

Muslims are the best at wasting time debating-

USE the LAST TEN DAYS FULLY AND WISELY- WE MIGHT NOT BE ALIVE TO SEE ANOTHER RAMADHAN.

THIS NIGHT IS BETTER THAN 1000 MONTHS (83 YEARS APPROX) LONGER THAN MOST OF US WILL LIVE.
I agree very much brother:hmm:, it's just better to stop debating and just act.

Rasema
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
:sl:

I don't wan to get into an arguement. If anyone replies I will egnore him/her,so this is my first and last post on this thread.

The thread makes us look bad. Muslims are very aware of the last 10 days, use it wisely.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.