/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Should I Convert to Islam

revert2007
09-11-2009, 03:07 AM
assalamaulikum to everyone.

here i just would like to write out some of my thoughts to those who hesitate to convert.

many people(non-muslims) have the bad idea about converting to islam.
Islam means SURRENDER.it means u surrender yourselves to Allah The Almighty and The Only Creator of the Universe.

when u convert to Islam,it means you are surrendering yourselves to Allah and you are obeying Him.

of course many have their own way of lives,cultures and so and so.can we change ourselves in overnight?
i myself had my own culture,my own way of life which was too westernise (and which people are afraid to give up though) yet i GAVE UP these life for the sake of Allah.

before islam,i was forced to convert to christianity yet i just don't want to convert to christianity.i know islam and christianity since very young.yet islam is was the one very close to my heart.and Allah was the only one i was afraid of even before islam

islam is basically A WAY OF LIFE.it teaches u how u should live ur life and how u should please ur Master and get rewards from Him

1st example

when u have children,the parents mold their kids the way they want them to be.u raise ur kids they way u want.

2nd example

when u create a machine /products/recipies,only the creator(which is the human) only knows how these things functions.so u must tell about ur products functions in a manual booklet.whenever u buy a computer for example,there is always a manula booklet for u and it is in many languages

same goes here.Allah as our Master mold us the way He wants and He mentioned and ordered us to live our lives according to His "Manual booklet" called Quran.and we have the translation of Quran in many languages.Only Allah knows how we should live and please Him

Allah has mentioned everything clearly in Quran and the hidden meaning of it has been translated by scholars.so it is impossible for someone to say that"i dont understand quran."

i have always want to ask this questions to non muslims.
why is it that,u always choose the best thing in ur life such as the best cloths,the best schools,the best university,the best partner yet why do u fail to choose the best religion for urselves?

when we love someone,aren't we usually give up certain things for that person?why can't you give up certain things for Allah who provides everything to u.He gives u life,He gives u shelter,He gives u food,He gives u rezk,He gives u partner,He gives u children and ......(infinity)

yet all He asked is to obey Him and only to worship Him.

we obey our mother coz she gave birth to us and raised us.and we are always sensitive about our parents coz they did too much for us.

what about Allah?
without Allah u wouldn't even be born and have parents and u couldn't even see the world.

those obey Allah and believe in Him and His messenger will have a happy life in hereafter in jannah and for those disbelievers He promised hell fire.

life is not a bed of roses but jannah is a bed of roses.entering jannah is not easy at the same time it isn't difficult.

before exam we have to scarifice many things-tv,music,friends,entertainment,sleep.....just to get flying colours in exam.

similar goes to islam
we must sacrifice everything that has been forbidden in islam to enter jannah.

THINK ABOUT IT

p/s thanx for reading.May Allah opens ur heart to islam.ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
iamdaguy
09-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Asaalamu Calayku,

Let me add and say those who believe that there is no god should really do more research on what is on our planet. See everything goes in order even the sun and the moon. Your very own growth from the day you were taken out of your mother's womb till today you have being growing into human figure. How the baby is formed inside the mother's womb is mentioned through out the Quran and you know what time it was revealed to the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him)? over 1400 years ago. How could anyone, if not god, had that knowledge with out the technology we have discovered in the last century?

Read the Quran (which is nothing but Allah's words) to understand how this universe was formed and us humans have behaved and how this very universe will end in the same process that's mentioned in the Quran.

You know why Islam is the one truth faith because you can not find single contradictions in the Quran because this is the God's word and God doesn't contradict his statements as he is the ever knower of all things that we see and that we don't see.

"Praise be to God, Who has sent to his Servant the book, and has allowed therein no crookedness" (18:1)
"(He has made it)straight (and clear) in order that He may warn (the godless) of a terrible Punishment from Him, and that He may give Glad tidings to the Believers who work righteous deeds, that they shall have a goodly Reward," (18:2)
"Wherein they shall remain forever" (18:3)

blazingflames17
09-13-2009, 10:35 AM
I get you, totally! But they will all see in due time why this is the one and only and the most healthiest way of life!

Indeed, there is no contradictions in the Quran. Amazing because there is other texts that just make no sense nowadays, yet the Quran is still standing tall and mighty. I'm a guy that likes proof for things, so when I read the Quran, before I started seeing videos about the scientific miracles in it, it kind of caught my eye, I was like no way he could know that 1400 years ago! Just no way!

I'll be the first to say that I've debated many Muslims in the past. Did I lose to them? No. But did I lose to Islam? Yes. And that's something I'm not ashamed of either. Islam is perfect.

Indeed, most scientists agree that most likely this universe will end with a 'big crunch', not 'big freeze'. Apparently, due to gravity as the causing force the universe will collapse in on itself and go back to a very small, hot, dense point of matter. And this is said in the Quran:

That Day We will fold up heaven like folding up the pages of a book. As We originated the first creation so We will regenerate it. It is a promise binding on Us. That is what We will do. (Qur’an, 21:104)

Of course He says 'like', so I'll assume that folding up the pages of a book is a metaphor for the universe crunching to an end. It's so nice how he put it in such easy language for everyone to understand, at that time and now. If he were to use 'universe crunching to an end' the people would be like "What??". A timeless book for all guiding mankind to a higher path.

Genghis_Khan
09-13-2009, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iamdaguy
You know why Islam is the one truth faith because you can not find single contradictions in the Quran because this is the God's word and God doesn't contradict his statements as he is the ever knower of all things that we see and that we don't see.
I found this after a quick search on google:

Will Christians enter Paradise or go to Hell? Sura 2:62 and 5:69 say "Yes", Sura 5:72 (just 3 verses later) and 3:85 say "No".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genghis_Khan

Will Christians enter Paradise or go to Hell? Sura 2:62 and 5:69 say "Yes", Sura 5:72 (just 3 verses later) and 3:85 say "No".
The former are talking about the Jews and Christians before Muhammad (peace be upon him) who followed the guidance of their own prophets. The latter are talking about those after Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Humbler_359
09-13-2009, 08:30 PM

:sl: brother,

You just take out of the context from google, saying it is contradiction. It is probably you don't have Qur'an to read and understand...

Would you like to have Qur'an ?

Humbler_359
09-13-2009, 10:35 PM
sorry, double post.

Ramadhan
09-14-2009, 03:45 AM

Please elaborate.
the burden is on you for pointing out the alleged contradictions.

Muhaba
09-14-2009, 06:34 AM

While I don't remember the commentary of that verse, the verse (2:62) clearly states that whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does righteous good deeds .

The exact words of the verse are

Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve .

It doesn't say that all Jews and Christians will have no fear on them but those who believe in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous deeds. So it's important to believe in Allah (as the only one God) and the Last Day and to do righteous deeds. This verse may be for those ppl who haven't received the message of Islam, (Allah knows best, i don't remember its commentary). Those who receive the message of Islam but reject it will not enter heaven as they rejected the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

As for those Christians who believe that Jesus is God or son of God, (and anyone else who believes that God has partners or that there is no god) they will never enter heaven as has been explained in verse 5:72 and other places in the Quraan.

Note also that verse 2:62 and 5:69 do not say that these ppl will enter heaven but that their reward is with Allah and on them will be no fear.

PS Google search will not help you. You need to read the Quran yourself, not take one verse from here and one verse from there and try to prove that it has contradictions. If you read the verses in order you will see that it has no contradiction.

Go to http://noblequran.com/translation/index.html to read the translation of the Quraan. Guaranteed you will not find any contradictions.

Muslim Woman
09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Salaam/Peace

some asked the last Prophet ( pbuh ) about the fate of good Jewish and Christians who already died . They asked as they died without beleiving in him , they will go to hell or not ? Then God Almgithy assured that those who died in the past , they have no fear if they were good , obeyed the previous Prophets and laws etc.

After the arrival of the Last Prophet and the last book , it's a must for all to believe in them . Else rejecting God's one Prophet means disobeying God Almighty , rebelling against God . So , in that case , they dont deserve rewards in hereafter .

And God knows Best.

Mike3449
09-14-2009, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace

some asked the last Prophet ( pbuh ) about the fate of good Jewish and Christians who already died . They asked as they died without beleiving in him , they will go to hell or not ? Then God Almgithy assured that those who died in the past , they have no fear if they were good , obeyed the previous Prophets and laws etc.

After the arrival of the Last Prophet and the last book , it's a must for all to believe in them . Else rejecting God's one Prophet means disobeying God Almighty , rebelling against God . So , in that case , they dont deserve rewards in hereafter .

And God knows Best.

I do agree with Uthmān on this.

However, after reading your post it did make me think.

Being that Islam rejects the Bible as it is and New Testament, then if a follower of Christianity was following that book then they would not be following the past Prophets. Thus they would not go to heaven. How can one be a Christian and still be following the Prophets?

Of course I mean those Christians that existed before Islam was revealed as per Muhammad.

kawaiigardiner
09-19-2009, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mike3449
I do agree with Uthmān on this.

However, after reading your post it did make me think.

Being that Islam rejects the Bible as it is and New Testament, then if a follower of Christianity was following that book then they would not be following the past Prophets. Thus they would not go to heaven. How can one be a Christian and still be following the Prophets?

Of course I mean those Christians that existed before Islam was revealed as per Muhammad.
The Qur'an could be referring to the Christians that were led by James (Jesus' Brother) who were still around when he started his prophethood. The Christians led by James did not believe Jesus is the son of God nor did they believe in the trinity. They were literally Jews who believed Jesus was the Massiah - they were closer to Judaism than the 'Christianity' that is seen today.

khalid zaheer
09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Assalaam o alaikum

(2:62) Rest assured that whosoever from among the Muslims or the Jews or the Christians or the Sabaeans believes in Allah and the Last Day, and performs good deeds, he will have his reward with his Lord and he will have no cause for fear and grief.

(5:69) (Know well, none has an exclusive claim to the Truth.) For all those who believe in Allah and in the Last Day and do good deeds - be they either believers, Jews, Sabaeans or Christians - neither fear shall fall upon them, nor shall they have any reason to grieve.

Context says these are for Jews specially, Jews claimed that only those are entitled to enter Jannah, and this is the reply of this claim, Please read 5:68

(5:68) Say to them: 'People of the Book! You have no solid ground to stand on unless you establish the Torah and the Gospel and all that had been revealed to you from your Lord.

Need to establish Torah and Gospel revealed by Almighty not by Saint Paul and others, how it would be established when these books have not existence in real? the only way to establish Quran, it would be just as you are establishing Torah and Gospel revealed by Almighty. Same thing is said in 5:72

(5:72) And surely they disbelieved when they said: 'Christ, the son of Mary, is indeed God'; whereas Christ had said:

'Children of Israel! Serve Allah, Who is your Lord and my Lord.' Allah has forbidden Paradise to those who associate anything with Him in His divinity and their refuge shall be the Fire. No one will be able to help such wrong-doers.

Means you are going opposite to what was revealed in Torah and Gospel, so you are not entitled to enter Jannah.

All the verses are saying same thing that "if you act upon what is revealed by Almighty then you would be entitled to enter Jannah otherwise your place is Jahannam"

regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.