/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IslamicReminders.com

egyptballer
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
:sl:

With the help of Rashad I created a new website named Islamic Reminders. This is a blog that gives stories with morals daily. This makes it enjoyable to learn which makes it ideal for the youth.

Check it out and comment inshAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
egyptballer
09-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Although it is still awaiting improvements inshAllah here is a sample story.

The Clever King
I will share with you a story which shows the clever decision of a youth on how to live this life. This story is only an example.

There was a country long time ago where the people would change a king every year. The person who would become the king had to agree to a contract that he will be sent to an island after his one year of being a king. So, one king finished his term and it was time for him to go to the island and live there. The people dressed him up in expensive clothes and put him on an elephant and took him around the cities to say goodbye to all the people. This was the moment of sadness for all the kings who ruled for one year. After saying goodbye, the people took the king with a boat to the remote island and left him there. On their way back, they discovered a ship that had sunk just recently. They saw a young man who survived by holding on to a floating piece of wood. As they needed a new king, they picked up the young man and took him to their country. They requested him to be a king for a year. First he refused but later he agreed to be a king. People told him about all the rules and regulations and that how he will be sent to an island after one year.

After three days of being a king, he asked the ministers if they could show him the island where all the other kings were sent. They agreed and took him to the island. The island was covered with thick jungles and sound of vicious animals were heard coming out of them. The king went little bit inside to see how it was and discovered the dead bodies of all the past kings. He understood that as soon as they were left in the island, the animals came and killed them. The king then went back to the country and requested the people to provide him with 100 strong workers. He was provided with 100 workers and he took them to the island and told them to remove all the deadly animals and to cut down all the trees. He would visit the island every month to see how the work is progressing. In the first month, all the animals were removed and many trees were cut down. In the second month, the whole island was cleaned out. The king then told the workers to plant gardens in various parts of the island. He also took with himself useful animals like chickens, ducks, birds, goats, cows etc. In the third month, he ordered the workers to build big houses and docking stations for ships. Over the months, the island turned into a beautiful place. The young king would wear simple clothes and spend very little from his earnings. He sent all the earnings to the island for storage. Nine months have passed like this. The king called the people and told them that “I know that I have to go the island after one year, but I would like to go there right now.” But the people didn’t agree to this and said that he have to wait for another 3 months to complete the year.

3 months passed and now it was a full year. The people dressed up the young king and put him on an elephant to take him around the country to say goodbye to others. However, this king is unusually happy to leave the kingdom. People asked him, “All the other kings would cry at this moment and why are you laughing?” He replied, “Don’t you know what the wise people say? They say that when you came to this world as a baby, you were crying and everyone was smiling. Live such a life that when you are dieing, you will be smiling and everyone around you will be crying. I have lived that life. While all the other kings were lost into the luxuries of the kingdom, I always thought about the future and planned for it. I turned the deadly island into a beautiful abode for me where I can stay peacefully.”

Moral: The life of this world is to prepare for the life hereafter. In this life, we shouldn’t get lost into the beautiful things of this world and forget about what is to come in the afterlife. Rather, even if we are kings, we should live a simple life like our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and save all our enjoyments for the hereafter. May Allah make it easy for us all.insh’Allah

Beardo
09-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Finally you post the link. :p Jazakumullah for sharing.

egyptballer
09-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Wa iyaak, I will also be adding contributors.... if anyone is interested.:coolalien

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer
Wa iyaak, I will also be adding contributors.... if anyone is interested.:coolalien
I heard you're hiring Yanal.

The Ruler
09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Reminds me of islamicink.wordpress.com

Did you know of that site?

- IqRa -
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Deep story about the king. Needed that reminder. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

egyptballer
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Reminds me of islamicink.wordpress.com

Did you know of that site?
I do now.;D

egyptballer
09-27-2009, 04:15 PM
The Ruler and the Ruled

Story by Matina Wali Muhammad, found in the book “True stories for Children.

There have been many rightly-guided khalifs in the past whose qualities were far more refined and noble than those of today’s kings, prime ministers and presidents. They lived very simply and spent very little on their own personal comfort. One of these great khalifs was called Umar ibn Abdul-Aziz. He followed the teachings of Islam with sincerity and served the people whom he ruled with humility.

One hot summer’s night, Umar ibn Abdul-Aziz was lying awake in bed, too hot to sleep, but cooled a little at least by the fan with which a maidservant was fanning him. Thanks to her efforts he at last fell asleep. After a while, however, she began to grow very tired and then finally she too fell asleep, the fan slipping from her fingers and falling to the floor.

The khalif awoke from his slumber, and seeing that his maidservant had fallen asleep, he picked up the fan and began to fan her gently. After a while she woke up and was startled and dismayed to find the khalif fanning her. She was meant to be fanning him – what would happen to her now?

“Do not worry.” Said Umar ibn Abdul-Aziz with a smile, “you are just as much a human being as I am. When I needed to sleep, you kept me cool, and when you needed to sleep I kept you cool. What’s wrong with that?”

Moral:If we are in a higher position then others like a boss,manager,director,etc.Let us not forgot the one who is always higher and greater then us,Allah(SWT).We should never be arrogant and treat everyone with the same kind of respect no matter what their occupation and degree is.So let us be humble so we can enter paradise insh’Allah.

Beardo
09-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Talk about humbleness. :omg:

egyptballer
10-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Salam,

Warning this may not be suitable for younger audiences.

The Worst Advice

There was a man in Isfahan who used to beat his wife but unfortunately she succumbed to his beating though he had not intended to kill her. But when she was dead he became fearful of her relatives. In a state of anxiety he came out of his house and met an acquaintance to whom he posed his problem.

The friend told him to invite a young man to his house and behead him and put the severed head next to the wife’s corpse. Then he would tell the wife’s relatives that he had found them together in bed and was unable to control his ire. And slew them both. The man liked the idea and sat at the doorway in anticipation of a young man. After sometime a handsome youth passed by his house. He invited him inside and beheaded him. Then he summoned the wife’s relatives and told them the fictitious story. They were satisfied but the person who had devised this plan had a teenage son who did not reach home that day. The man was worried and when the son failed to turn up he came to the house of the one whom he had offered evil advice and asked him if he carried out the plan suggested by him. Yes, said he and took him near the dead bodies. He was shocked when he saw that the youth he had killed was his own
son. His evil advice caused the death of his own son.

Moral:The one who digs a pit for others falls into it himself. History is replete with such incidents. Never tell another to do evil for you will be also accountable.insh'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!