/* */

PDA

View Full Version : English to Bangla Online Dictionary ?

Muslim Woman
09-14-2009, 04:15 PM
:sl:

I was searching for a good site for Eng - Bangla and Bangla- English word meaning. Any suggesstion ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-15-2009, 06:42 AM
With the meaning? :hmm:

This will translate from English to Bengali: http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/dictionary.php

This is translation in Bengali writing.. (BUT with meaning..I think..): http://www.bdwebguide.com/bengalidictionary.php

But since you're typing the English word, I would hope that you know the meaning lol ;D

As-Salaamu Alaykum.

Muslim Woman
09-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Salaam;

thanks ; InshaAllah i will check .

The Ruler
09-15-2009, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
This is translation in Bengali writing.. (BUT with meaning..I think..): http://www.bdwebguide.com/bengalidictionary.php
That seems like the better one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Hmm. I never learned how to read bangla... I don't Joe. Is it ever useful?

The Ruler
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Hmm. I never learned how to read bangla... I don't Joe. Is it ever useful?
Joe?

It's helpful because the second link seems to have a larger collection of words. You can only use that dictionary given that you know how to read Bangla. It's not that difficult. If you can read hindi, you can read bengali. Or the other way round. As long as you know the alphabets.

Muslim Woman
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM

. Is it ever useful?

depends ...if u have any Bangla speaking friends / neighbours ; wants to visit Bangladesh or write mails to them in Bangla , read any book etc etc . Can u understand Bangla when listen ?

Urud , Hindi , Bangla have many words in common . So , if u understand Hindi , Urdu , it won't be difficult to understand Bangla . I can't read Urdu / Hindi but can understand the meaning when listen .

Beardo
09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
*Know, not Joe. Stupid iPod corrections.

Well, I use Bangla, but only by speech. I can communicate with family that way, but I have a complete American accent. So sometimes my Bangla is translated into Bangla lol...

I wish I knew Urdu though. So much more you can do with Urdu... Or Arabic.

Hayaa
09-16-2009, 12:25 PM
*Know, not Joe. Stupid iPod corrections.

Well, I use Bangla, but only by speech. I can communicate with family that way, but I have a complete American accent. So sometimes my Bangla is translated into Bangla lol...

I wish I knew Urdu though. So much more you can do with Urdu... Or Arabic.

Well, if you can read Arabic, it'll be easier to read Urdu since the characters are very similar in structure and pronounciation. And I feel that Bengali and Urdu share alot of common words, so you're already at an advantage (if you want to learn Urdu) compared to people who aren't educated in either Arabic or Bengali. ^_^

Beardo
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa

Well, if you can read Arabic, it'll be easier to read Urdu since the characters are very similar in structure and pronounciation. And I feel that Bengali and Urdu share alot of common words, so you're already at an advantage (if you want to learn Urdu) compared to people who aren't educated in either Arabic or Bengali. ^_^
Sacha Hai! I know a little Urdu. :)

Nice avatar btw. This might be a stupid question, but it's not real is it?

Hayaa
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
^It could be. The real question is if it's edible or not! I'd be curious to know what it tastes like :D

Beardo
09-16-2009, 07:23 PM
^It could be. The real question is if it's edible or not! I'd be curious to know what it tastes like :D
I have bunches of roses in my backyard. They do range in shades, but not colors.

I'm not too fond of eating roses. Ever tasted rose water? Don't like it too much, though I'm not sure if I ever drank it either. I think they put it in Biryani sometimes, if you know what that is. It's a rice/meat dish..

alcurad
09-16-2009, 07:56 PM
^you put it in kheer, nor Briyani. I want kheer today.

otherwise learn Urdu, you'll be able to get the other two easily.

kya howa? ye he, waha jao etc

The Ruler
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
^Off-topic admins should be stripped off their powers. Those powers should then be given to the member who points it out.

Urdu only has a few new alphabets (when compared to Arabic) and a funny way of writing some words. Especially those ending in 'ay'.

Hayaa
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
I have bunches of roses in my backyard. They do range in shades, but not colors.

I'm not too fond of eating roses. Ever tasted rose water? Don't like it too much, though I'm not sure if I ever drank it either. I think they put it in Biryani sometimes, if you know what that is. It's a rice/meat dish..
^I was actually slightly joking. And I thought you used rose water for sweeter stuff.

Urdu only has a few new alphabets (when compared to Arabic) and a funny way of writing some words. Especially those ending in 'ay'.
I like writing in Urdu better than Arabic, Calligraphic Arabic being the exception.

:popcorn:

Beardo
09-16-2009, 09:33 PM
^I was actually slightly joking. And I thought you used rose water for sweeter stuff.

I like writing in Urdu better than Arabic, Calligraphic Arabic being the exception.

:popcorn:

Oh and oh.

I only know how to write English. =\

Muslim Woman
09-17-2009, 05:31 AM

.. sometimes my Bangla is translated into Bangla lol... .
haha funny :p

I got another link:

http://dsal.uchicago.edu/dictionaries/biswas-bengali/

Banu_Hashim
09-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Ditto :popcorn:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.