/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deodorant = Alzeihmers?

Beardo
09-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Is it true that deodorant gives alzeihmers? It's scaring the heck out of me. My friend just told me right now. I use deodorant quite often...

What's the substitute then? Cologne? I don't like to wear Itr to school (only to the masjid) because it disturbs the students. I remember wearing in in 8th grade to school, and the teacher was like "WHAT'S THAT SMELL?". Embarrassing moment. But they didn't know it was me...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-15-2009, 06:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Is it true that deodorant gives alzeihmers?
What is that?

Billions of people use deodorant, we can't all have it,

Plus, musk smells nice, your teacher was sniffing herself..:embarrass

Rabi'ya
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
:sl:

I work with EMI patients and there have been many studies into Alzhiemers and dementia in general. There was once a theory that aluminium caused dementia but this has been completely discounted.

So DONT PANIC!!!!!!!!! and please please please dont stop wearin deoderant. We are not supposed to be smelly!!!!!!!!!!!

kashmirshazad
09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Lol, this is making me laugh. What next? People going to stop wearing ties because they think it represents the Christian cross? oh wait...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
09-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Greetings,

There seems to be a fair bit of suspicion about deodorant on the board recently.

Let's hope it's harmless, otherwise we'll all be smelly...

Peace

Rabi'ya
09-15-2009, 10:09 AM
:sl:

I know we need to give people a reason to wear deoderant not suspicion about it. There are enough smelly people in the world. seriously!

Santoku
09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Is it true that deodorant gives alzeihmers? It's scaring the heck out of me. My friend just told me right now. I use deodorant quite often...

What's the substitute then? Cologne? I don't like to wear Itr to school (only to the masjid) because it disturbs the students. I remember wearing in in 8th grade to school, and the teacher was like "WHAT'S THAT SMELL?". Embarrassing moment. But they didn't know it was me...
I prefer to wash rather than to cover myself with some ghastly smelling stuff to try to mask a scent.

But with Alzheimers ideas as to what causes it change like socks.

Cabdullahi
09-15-2009, 05:10 PM
i dont use deodorants just soap and water.....you need to sweat brother deodorants clog up your pores just let it flow! when you come back home take a shower

Muezzin
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Doesn't seem to be any evidence pointing that way.

Spray away.

And keep on washin'.

Muezzin
09-15-2009, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
How smellly do people get that they need deodorant to cloak themselves with? :X

If you shower each morning, it ought to be enough. Surely.. :><:
One would think.

Body odour has as much to do with general diet, lifestyle and hormonal balance as it does with physical cleanliness.

Soap and water is enough for me though. (I felt I had to add that in case someone made an accusation that only stinky people need to defend the use of deodorant.):p

Najm
09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
One would think.

Body odour has as much to do with general diet, lifestyle and hormonal balance as it does with physical cleanliness.

Soap and water is enough for me though. (I felt I had to add that in case someone made an accusation that only stinky people need to defend the use of deodorant.):p

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Wow! Yeah i guess shower does the trick i didnt think it was about diet too and what is hormonal balance anyway?

Oh yeah and deodorant is kool, alcohol-free ones that is!!! :statisfie

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!