/* */

PDA

View Full Version : EID prayers

Bub
09-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I missed EID prayers this morning becuase i woke up late but still manger went to mosque and make it up :cry: so what happened? I know its main thing in Eid, more explain to help me understand about it anyway i cant help but feel gulity imsad. I hope you all have a good EID, insha'Allah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bub
09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Ok, i feel worse now bec 9 views and no reply

Ramadhan
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Making up Eid prayers
On the morning of Eid al-Fitr, when we reached the prayer place we found that the imam had prayed and was finishing his sermon, so we prayed the two rak’ahs of Eid whilst the imam was delivering the khutbah. Was our prayer valid or not?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Eid prayer is fard kifaayah (a communal obligation); if enough people undertake it, the rest are absolved of sin. In the scenario mentioned in the question, the obligatory duty had been discharged by those who prayed first – those to whom the imam was delivering the khutbah. For those who missed it and want to make it up, it is mustahabb for them to do so, so they should pray it without a khutbah afterwards. This was the view of Imam Maalik, al-Shaafa’i, Ahmad, al-Nakha’i and other scholars.

The basic principle concerning that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “When you come to the prayer, walk in a tranquil and dignified manner, and whatever you catch up with, pray, and whatever you miss, make it up.”

It was narrated from Anas that if he missed the Eid prayer with the imam, he would gather his family and freed slaves, then his freed slave ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi ‘Utbah would stand up and lead them in praying two rak’ahs in which he would say the takbeers.

The one who reaches the Eid prayers whilst the imam is delivering the khutbah should listen to the khutbah, then he should make up the prayer after that, so that he may achieve two good things.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas, 9/306

aadil77
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
women dont have to pray it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bub
09-21-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Making up Eid prayers
On the morning of Eid al-Fitr, when we reached the prayer place we found that the imam had prayed and was finishing his sermon, so we prayed the two rak’ahs of Eid whilst the imam was delivering the khutbah. Was our prayer valid or not?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Eid prayer is fard kifaayah (a communal obligation); if enough people undertake it, the rest are absolved of sin. In the scenario mentioned in the question, the obligatory duty had been discharged by those who prayed first – those to whom the imam was delivering the khutbah. For those who missed it and want to make it up, it is mustahabb for them to do so, so they should pray it without a khutbah afterwards. This was the view of Imam Maalik, al-Shaafa’i, Ahmad, al-Nakha’i and other scholars.

The basic principle concerning that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “When you come to the prayer, walk in a tranquil and dignified manner, and whatever you catch up with, pray, and whatever you miss, make it up.”

It was narrated from Anas that if he missed the Eid prayer with the imam, he would gather his family and freed slaves, then his freed slave ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi ‘Utbah would stand up and lead them in praying two rak’ahs in which he would say the takbeers.

The one who reaches the Eid prayers whilst the imam is delivering the khutbah should listen to the khutbah, then he should make up the prayer after that, so that he may achieve two good things.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas, 9/306

thanks a lot so thats mean i have to do gather my family and freed slaves? insha'Allah

and brother, women have to do that so they can pleasure Allah swt

Ramadhan
09-21-2009, 03:02 PM
According to this following answer from islamqa, women can pray eid alone at home:

Offering Eid prayer alone at home
Is it permissible for me to offer Eid prayer at home because I cannot go to the mosque because of my health?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The Eid prayer is an individual obligation (fard ‘ayn) for every man who is able to do it, according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions, as we have stated in the answer to question number 48983.

If you cannot go to the prayer because of your health, then you do not have to do anything. But is it prescribed to do it at home? There is a difference of opinion among the fuqaha’ concerning that, but the majority are of the view that that is prescribed, unlike the Hanafis.

Al-Muzni narrated from al-Shaafa’i (may Allah have mercy on him) in Mukhtasar al-Umm (8/125): He may offer the Eid prayer on his own in his house, as may the traveller, the slave and the woman. End quote.

Al-Kharashi (Maaliki) said: It is mustahabb for the one who has missed the Eid prayer with the imam to offer this prayer, but should he do it in congregation or separately? There are two opinions. End quote from Sharh al-Kharashi (2/104).

Al-Mardaawi said in al-Insaaf (Hanbali): If he has missed the prayer (meaning the Eid prayer), it is mustahabb to him to make it up in the same manner (i.e., as the imam prayed it). End quote.

Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni (Hanbali): He has the choice: if he wishes he may pray it on his own, and if he wishes he may pray it in congregation. End quote.

In al-Durr al-Mukhtaar ma’a Haashiyat Ibn ‘Aabideen (2/175 – Hanafi) it says: He should not pray it on his own if he has missed it with the imam. End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah favoured the Hanafi view, and it was also regarded as more correct by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him), as it says in al-Sharh al-Mumti’ (5/156).

In Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Iftaa (8/306) it says: Eid prayer is a communal obligation (fard kifaayah): if it is undertaken by enough people, the sin of not doing it is waived from the rest.

If a person misses it and wants to make it up, it is mustahabb for him to do that, so he should pray it in the proper manner but without a khutbah following it. This is the view of Imam Maalik, al-Shaafa’i, Ahmad, al-Nakha’i and other scholars. The basic principle concerning that is the words of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him): “If you come to the prayer then come walking, calmly and with dignity. Whatever you catch up with, pray, and whatever you miss, make it up.” And it was narrated from Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) that if he missed the Eid prayer with the imam, he would gather together his family and freed slaves, then his freed slave ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi ‘Utbah would stand up and lead them in praying two rak’ahs, saying the takbeers in them. If a person arrives on the day of Eid when the imam is delivering the khutbah, he should listen to the khutbah, then make up the prayer after that, so that he may combine both benefits. And Allah is the source of strength. May Allah send blessings and peace upon Prophet Muhammad and his family and Companions. End quote.

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.