/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about companion in Jannah.

ArmanKhan
09-25-2009, 12:39 AM
As Salam-o-Alaikum,

I'm 24 years of age, studying and working at the same time.

I have a few questions,

"If a widow re-marries, and her second husband is loving and caring like the first one. Then who will be her companion in hereafter?"

I heard in a discussion that such women, who get remarried after their husband's death, they will be with their "first" husbands in Jannah. But as I am still not sure, I need some expert to reply with detail.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ArmanKhan
09-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Have I asked a bit more "technical" question? You don't have to be a scholar to reply on that. Just share what you've read or heard.

AhmadibnNasroon
09-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Al-Jannah wal An-Nâr-The Paradise and the Hellfire #12/12
by Shaykh 'Umar Sulayman al-Ashqar

The Wishes of the People of Paradise
Some of the People of Paradise will wish for things that will be fulfilled in the strangest ways, unlike anything that happens in this world. The Messenger (saw) told of some of these and how they will be fulfilled. Abû Hurayrah said that the Prophet (saw) was speaking and a bedouin man was present. The Prophet (saw) said:

"A man from the people of Paradise will ask his Rabb for permission to grow things. Allâh will ask him,

"Do you not have what you want?"

He will say, "Of course, but I love to grow things." So he will sow the seeds and in the blinking of an eye the plant will grow and its fruit will ripen and become like mountains. Allâh (swt) will say,

"Here it is. O son of Adam nothing satisfies you!"

The Bedouin said, "By Allâh! you wont find him except he is from Quraysh or the Ansâr for these are the people that love to grow things. As for us, we don't grow anything!" The Messenger of Allâh (saw) laughed." [Mishkât al-Masâbîh, 3/95, no. 5653]

The Wives of the People of Paradise
(i) The Wife Of The Believer In This World Will Be His Wife In The Hereafter If She Is Righteous

"Gardens of 'Adn, which they shall enter, and [also] those who act righteously from among their fathers, and their wives and their offspring..." [13:23]

"They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones." [36:56]

"Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness" [43:70]

(ii) A Woman [Who Was Married More Than Once] Will Be With The Last of Her Husbands
In Târîkh ar-Raqqah, Abû 'Ali al-Hurani reported from Maymun ibn Mahran that

"Mu'âwiyah ibn Abi Sufyan (ra) proposed to Umm ad-Darda' but she refused to marry him, saying, "I heard Abud-Dardâ' say that the Messenger of Allâh (saw) said, "A woman will be with the last of her husbands.""

The men in its isnâd are trustworthy apart from al-'Abbâs ibn Sâlih, whose biography is unknown. Abul-Shaykh reported it in at-Târîk with a sahîh isnâd only quoting the marfû' version of it. At-Tabarâni reported it with a da'îf isnâd in al-Mu'jam al-Awsat but taking both isnâds into account strengthens it. The marfû' version is sahîh, and it also has two corroborating reports that are mawqûf. The first of these was reported by Ibn 'Asâkir from 'Ikrimah:

"Asmâ bint Abi Bakr was married to az-Zubayr ibn al-'Awwâm who was harsh towards her. She came to her father and complained to him, and he said, "O my daughter, have patience, for if a woman has a righteous husband, and he dies and she does not remarry after his death, they will be reunited in Paradise."

[The men of its isnâd are thiqât [trustworthy] but is it mursâl because 'Ikrimah never met Abû Bakr; he only heard it from Asmâ]

The second report was narrated by al-Bayhaqî in as-Sunan, where he says that Hudhayfah said to his wife,

"If you want to be my wife in Paradise, do not remarry after I die, for the woman in Paradise will be with the last of her husbands on earth."

For this reason, Allâh forbade the wives of the Prophet (saw) to remarry after his death, because they will be his wives in the Hereafter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.