/* */

PDA

View Full Version : natual ways of curing a bad cough

Ummu Sufyaan
09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
:sl:
what can you use to get rid of a nasty cough that keeps you awake from its intensity and distracts you in prayer that you feel like breaking your prayer and drinking lots of water...

sis syke i know you are going to say to go to the drs. (:D) but the thing is i had the same thing earlier this year and the dr. basically said there is nothing to worry about...

so whats a natural way to get rid of this cough.

p.s please dont suggest anything with ginger...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-28-2009, 01:11 PM
:sl:Gargle with warm salty water. :><:

Re.TiReD
09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Ditto the above and/or add a little honey to warm water. Drink Green tea, hot tea, pink tea, purple tea, basically any kind of tea =D

Wassalam

Ummu Sufyaan
09-28-2009, 01:15 PM

how much salt should i put...is there a specific amount or just as much as i can taste...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
or just as much as i can taste...
That should do it I think, I usally just experiment :$ and if the taste is too bleh then I get more water and put a little less in it

Alpha Dude
09-28-2009, 01:17 PM
This page says 1 tablespoon for an 8 oz. glass of water.

Nafiisah
09-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Assalaamou3alaikum all

Take one drop of black seed oil n have lots of honey after and before too if u want....or just add the drop of black seed oil in a spoon of honey...black seed has a strong taste,,,but if u like it plain, then :)N iv heard much good abt cardamom too...

Black seed boosts up immunity in general...
Insha Allah it will help...just say bismillah with loads of faith n it will b off asap inshaAllah...

Cough syrups are mostly sleep inducing
Btw, is the cough productive?or if its just some allergy...check it out with what dic said last time ...then antiallergics, try to ask for those which dont cause sleepiness, or its ok if u sleeping some more

Abt the salt gargles, just make is somewhat concentrated...i dont really know the theory behind it tho

Some people even use black pepper with honey so that it heats up...but im not v.sure abt this one...maybe it could cause irritation in some people

Fee amaanillah

Cabdullahi
09-28-2009, 05:02 PM
maybe if you didnt roar like a lion you wouldn't cough as much

chopped garlic + hot milk + honey = Inshallah you'll feel better

although they say for hot-blooded people a cool drink is more effective to keep them calm

kwolney01
09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Whenever I'm sick or have a bad cough I always drink green tea with honey in it. Is it just a cough or do you have a cold sis?

If you have a cold I would suggest adding garlic to whatever you make and continuing to drink A LOT of WARM fluids. Hope you feel better soon inshAllah! :D

Ansariyah
09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
get about 2 or 3 glasses of water in a Saucepan, slice lemons uhmm about 3 lemons squeeze them into the water then add the lemon u squeezed wit the skin into the pan (all of it), let this all boil (wit lemon skin). When its all boiling nicely and u can see it all cooking, u pour that into a coup add honey say bismilah n voila drink it, I wud also suggest ginger (but u said no ginger dunno why)...ne'ways still without the ginger this will work inshaAllah.

Do this about 3 times a day atleast..early in the morning, after lunch, before going to bed...if u can do it 4 times even better.

ur cough will be blown away..literally! InshaAllah!!

S_87
09-30-2009, 10:48 AM

ok this may or may not work but its worth a try! it worked for my when i had cough and one of those real blocked throats) if you have a dry cough this probably wouldnt work :p

Hot hot sauce! drink some, i think i had a good cap full straight down so it didnt burn my tongue and some water.

Cabdullahi
09-30-2009, 10:54 AM
^ must be from the south east with that kind of hot chili stunts

S_87
09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
^ must be from the south east with that kind of hot chili stunts
nuh uh any hot one. so hot it burned the throat and cured the cough.

and this was after salt water/honey etc has been tried

Ummu Sufyaan
09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
sis amani, what do you mean hot sauce. what kind of sauce? :embarrass
its interesting you mention it, my mum insists i drink her lemon ginger tea for a cure, but ginger is +o( (no exaggeration, the very smell of it is intensely disgusting) but it does actually help and now i cant help but wonder if it has anything to do with the burning sensation that ginger has :D

S_87
09-30-2009, 12:08 PM

hot as in hot pepper sauce. i guess any should work. one that burns ur tongue. i had this one:

is ur cough phlemy?

Ummu Sufyaan
09-30-2009, 12:12 PM
no, it dry...so that aint gna work. man who am i kidding, none of these natural things ever work for me :p its like my immune system is stubborn :p should try the other ones tho ..

mariyyah
11-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Assalamou alaikoum ,

I will give you brothers and sisters in the islam my family secret to cure any cold and cough without any doctor
Ingrdients

3 or 4 cloves chopped garlic

3 or 4 table spoon olive oil

Method

In a pan add chopped garlic and olive oil and heat it for 4 to 5 minutes until garlic get golden colour and after that leave it to get a bit a cold and drink it

do it before you sleep at night at same time heat some olive oil in a pan and put it as a massage in all your chest and INSHALLAH you will be fine next day

believe 2 days you will be fine

zakirs
11-03-2009, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariyyah
Assalamou alaikoum ,

I will give you brothers and sisters in the islam my family secret to cure any cold and cough without any doctor
Ingrdients

3 or 4 cloves chopped garlic

3 or 4 table spoon olive oil

Method

In a pan add chopped garlic and olive oil and heat it for 4 to 5 minutes until garlic get golden colour and after that leave it to get a bit a cold and drink it

do it before you sleep at night at same time heat some olive oil in a pan and put it as a massage in all your chest and INSHALLAH you will be fine next day

believe 2 days you will be fine
Thanks saved that for future use :)

mariyyah
11-03-2009, 09:26 PM
You are welcome just please make duaa for me

meer5sd
11-16-2009, 10:31 AM
jazakallakhair nice tip

Jenell
12-23-2009, 02:05 PM
ASA everyone. I have a 4 year old daughter who too has a bad cough. All the remedies sound familiar to me for adults; does anyone have any different suggestions for a little girl? It's a nagging cough that gets worse when she is active. She did have a cold last week and I suppose it is still lingering. Any suggestions would be great.
Shukraan. :statisfie

Ummu Sufyaan
12-24-2009, 07:53 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
^i just found that fresh air, non congested rooms (so large rooms) keeping the window open at night, and drinking water helped with mine... basically all the aforementioned helped to reduce the aggravation of the cough, not actually get rid of it.

Cabdullahi
12-24-2009, 08:13 AM
oh shizzle its that time of year again throats become real itchy

Amanda
12-24-2009, 08:33 AM
It's not a cure, but I always find a big spoon of honey can help relieve a cough, rather than taking cough syrup.

zakirs
12-24-2009, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amanda
It's not a cure, but I always find a big spoon of honey can help relieve a cough, rather than taking cough syrup.
add a bit of lemon juice to it :)

KittenLover
12-24-2009, 07:35 PM
HONEY IS GOOD TOO salaam

Beardo
12-25-2009, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
add a bit of lemon juice to it :)
Add some ginger as well. :p

Woodrow
12-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Here there is a saying that if you don't treat a cough it will last 14 days, but if you treat it, it will only last 2 weeks.

While a cough/cold can not be cured, it can be treated and kept to a point where it is hardly noticable. The advice given so far has been excellent. And be certain you do not neglect the garlic. Garlic is very high in selenium and gives a big boost to the immune system To get full use of it, use it in every meal. Do not worry about the neighbors, just chew on some parsly sprigs throughout the day and the neighbors will not even be aware you been munching on garlic.

So first priority lots of garlic, and more garlic.

Now that the immune system is kicked into gear from the garlic, concentrate on comfort. Honey and lemon juice seems to be best, in my opinion. But, also sipping on hot tea is very helpfull, if you have a touch of Moroccan in you or just like Moroccan food, Mint tea made like they make it in Morocco is great.

Also hot soaps through out the day.

So the formula to follow:

Garlic

Honey and Lemon

tea

soup

No specific order, just some of each several times during the day. Do not neglect the regular meals, all that is in addition to the regular meals.

Now, while this will, not cure the cough it will soothe it and very quickly rmove the symptoms. But even after the symptoms end, keep treating it for at least 2 weeks.

Beardo
12-26-2009, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Here there is a saying that if you don't treat a cough it will last 14 days, but if you treat it, it will only last 2 weeks.
Hmm... Yeah, that's true. I've had coughs which I did not treat and it lasted 14 days. Sucha long time. i'll start treating it from now on though... Big difference. Only TWO weeks! :nervous:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-26-2009, 07:33 PM
My mom is always making the ginger mixes, i tried it once i think and it is really bad to taste. I dont know if the ginger beer is any better?

I think the warm water and salt one works sometimes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.