/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Breezes, from the paradise of this world

wakeup
09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Breezes,
From the Paradise of This World

“Truly! Allah is with the Sabirin.........” Al-Baqarah 153

“Are you astonished if they (the Prophets and their inheritors) rejoiced in adversity just as you rejoice in Prosperity...” hadith of the Prophet (peace be on him) [ authentic, narrated by “Ahmad 3/94, Ibn Majah” 4024, Al-Hakim 4/342, and Al-Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad # 510; also see ‘Uddat As-Sabirin Wa Zakhtrat As-Shakirin, page 95-97, by Ibn Al-Qayyim]

“I heard Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah saying “Truly, there is a paradise in this world, whoever does not enter it, will not enter the paradise of the Hereafter.” And once he also told me “What can my enemies do to me? My paradise and garden are in my chest, If I journey, it is with me never parting from me; My imprisonment is time to be alone with Allah in private; If I am expelled, it is a spiritual tour...” (quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim in Al-Wabil As-Sayyib, pg.67)

...And thus, the procession of shining light set forth, being led by the Prophets, followed by their Disciples and Companions...

And this caravan has an anthem which is sung by all the creatures watching, the caravan proceed forward – the heavens, the earths, the mountains, the trees, the beasts, the stars, the celestial bodies, the ocean— all of them echo the Tasbih (hymns of glorification and adoration) of the Tremendous King above His Throne, praising Him:

“O Allah, for Thee is all praise and glory!
You are the Nur (Light) of the heavens and the earth and all therein!
O Allah, for Thee is all praise and glory!
You are the Qayyum (Sustainer, Establisher) of the heavens and the earth and all therein!

Your are the Rabb (Lord, Caretaker) of the heavens and the earth and all therein!
You are the Malik (King) of the heavens and the earth and all therein.”
[part of a Dua of the Prophet (peace be on him) when he would pray in the middle of the night. See Al-Bukhari, “Al-Tahajjud”, # 1120; and Muslim in Salat Al-Masafirin,” # 769]

This is the Journey of singing caravans, about whom the King boasts to His Angels, “These are My Awliya (loyal friends), My loved ones, My servants...” These are caravans of Souls, pure and good, that find support for carrying their tremendous responsibility, in the treasures underneath the Kings’s Throne:

“La Hawla wa La Quwwata Illa “Billah” (There is no power nor strength, except by Alllah) Al-Bukhari

And their Souls are strengthened by the nourishment and provisions of the Everlasting Good Deeds ( Al-Baqiyat As- Salihat):

“Subhan Allah, Wal-Hamdulillah, Wa ha Ilaha Illa Allah, W-Allahu Akbar,”

And thus grows the bond of love, when the lover constantly remembers his Beloved,
“Two statements are easy on the tongue, heavy on the scales, and loved by the Lord of Grace: ‘Subhan Allahi wa Bi Hamdihi, Subhan Allah al-Azim’. Thus reviving fatigued souls, to plunge through obstacle after obstacle, climbing the steep mountain until the Desired One is reached. (Bukhari and Muslim)

In this world there are also dead people, like blocks of wood propped up, with beautiful images on it, and they walk and talk. They fill this worthless dominion of theirs, establishing their residence on that which is not even worth the wing of a mosquito yet, for this (worthless world) they die, competing against each other for its dirt and dust, snarling like dogs over some bones, thinking that they were acquiring good by their deeds”.

“And among them are some who listen to you, but can you make the deaf to hear even though they do not understand? And among them are some who look at you, but can you guide the blind –even though they see not?” Yunus, Ch. 10, V. 42-43.

And the lesson is repeated, when he went forth “...to his people in his pomp...” and the false glitter enchanted the ignorant, so they exclaimed, “Ah, would that we had the like of what Qarun has been given! Verily, he owns a great fortune!”

So those with the knowledge of the true realities advise: “ But those who had been given knowledge said, ‘Woe to you! The reward of Allah (in the Hereafter) is better for those who are faithful and do good deeds, yet none attains this except the Sabirun (The patient who persevere for the truth).” Al-Qasas, Ch. 28, V. 79-80.

That is the ordeal of the vigilant, living, healthy Basirah (vision, insight) in reminding the lost masses of Allah, in the face of the delusions of the temporary world.

And the caravan of life, of Souls, continues, with “Allahu Akbar” while ascending every hill, and “Subhan Allah” while descending. [see Hisn Al-Muslim, # 214; Al-Bukhari]; every speck of dust bears witness for them, as does the wind, the plants and animals; and the Angels of the earth and of the heavens-pray for them and ask ALLAH to forgive them.

This life is the life of precious Souls. As for everything else, it is cursed and rejected. Because “The Dunya (this world) is Mal’un (cursed by Allah) and everything in it is cursed as well; excluding the Zikr (Remembrance of Allah and whatever is connected to it, an ‘alim (a person of ilm/knowledge of Din) and a Muta’allib (student, seeker of ilm).” [Hadith the authority of Abn Hurayrah, “I heard the Messenger of Allah” Narrated by At-Tirmizi: Ibn Majah. Al-Bayhaqi, At-Tabarani, Al-Bazzar, and As-Suyuti in Al-Jami, As-Saghir. At-Tirmizi graded it “Hasan”, and Al-Bazzar authenticated a similar narration.]

“Al-Baqiyat As-Salihat (The Everlasting Good Deeds) are better than the entire world and all that it contains.” [also see Al-Kahf, Ch. 18, V.46]

“The two Rakat prior to fajr are better than the entire world and all that it contains.”

“Every prostration of a servant raises him a degree.”

These are the true realities and treasures, the wise keep it concealed discreetly, thus their souls are revived...for things are not meant to merely exist, but to be established upon the purpose of its existence. And the greatest purpose is Ibadah, the worship/service to Allah, the Majestic; and in this Ibadah, souls are built, formed and developed .

The Zikr of Allah is the soul of this existence thus, when the Kalimah of Tawhid (La Ilah Illa Allah) ceases to be on the tongues of mankind, the Last Hour will arrive and the universe cease to exist; for the Hour will not come until it is no longer said on earth “Allah, Allah”, [refer to Muslim’ Mishkat Al-Masabih, # 5516. Reference taken from “Minor Resurrection” by Shykh Umor Al-Ashqar, page -316-317]

At that time, there will remain none except the filthy scum; [Hadith, “...There will be left the most evil of people who will fornicate like donkeys, and upon them the Hour will come.” Muslim # 2937] They are the fuel for the Hellfire.

As for the caravan of the Callers, Scholars and Mujahidin, the Devout Worshippers and those who have abandoned the life of this world, “.... when an evil thought comes to them from shaytan, they remember (Zikr of Allah) and indeed they then see clearly.” Al-Araf. ch. 7, V. 201. With them the hearts come to peace “verily, in the zikr of Allah (Alone) the hearts find rest” Ar-Rad, Ch. 13. V. 28.
To them, all deals (situations) are successful profits; if they meet prosperity and ease, they are grateful to ALLAH; and if they meet adversity and hardship, they patiently persevere.

So every situation they meet is good to them. If you’re killed, it’s a blessing if you die (naturally) it’s a blessing. “And if you are killed or die in the Cause of Allah, the forgiveness and Rahmah (love compassion, care, mercy) of Allah are for better than all that they amass (of worldly wealth).” Ali Imran, Ch. 3. V. 156

Whith them is the company of the Angels, for there is not a people gathered together remembering Allah, except that the Angels surround them. [refer to Sahih Muslim].

So this is the caravan of the living, so “let not your eyes overlook them...” After Allah narrated to His Beloved Prophet (peace be on him) the account of the Young Men, the Ghuraba who did hijrah (emigration) fleeing with their Din, while the entire world with all its spells was too busy to notice them, too busy in their businesses, entertainment and the hustle-and-bustle of merchandise and caravans... all this vast history has elapsed, and faded into the past without any mention left to zikr (remember) them by... but it halted to contemplate over these young men. Allah made their Zikr (memory, story) eternal in His Magnificent Book, and narrated their story to the world, because it is only they who are the distinguishing milestones of history, not the kings nor the influential people, nor the generals of armies; Rather these weak Young Men, who took refuge in a cave... “they were seven and their dog being their eight...” [Al-Kahf. Ch. 18, v. 22.] with no drums, nor flutes, nor convoys; and history lowers its curtains on them without any hollow, ostentatious, fictitious legend about them.... After these individuals’ story is narrated, Allah tells His Beloved, Chosen, Prophet (peace be on him):

“And keep yourself patiently with those who call on their Lord Morning (after Fajr) and afternoon (after Asr), seeeking His Face; and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of this world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of our remembrance, and who follows his own whims, and whose affair (deeds) has been lost.” Al-Kahf. Ch. 18. V. 28.

...So be, with the likes of these...

So this is the history of these Yong Men. It is a special history, wherein there is no record of how many palaces, nor how many tons of property and wealth nor how big the armies were... The pomp and glitter of this lowly world (dunya) is not recorded therein; if this (lowly pomp and glitter) is what you want then turn your face away from these, and go over there where those who are heedless of the remembrance of Allah are— over there you will find everything you seek of the pomp and glitter of this lowly world, you will find a ministry with Pharaoh, riches with Qarun and you will find everything your self (nafs) desires, and you can bark over that like a dog...but everything you get will end up being nothing in this world, and torment in the Hereafter...

…But with the Young Men-- with those who remember Allah the Exalted-- a different history is written; an Badr-like history, and an Uhud-like, and Khandaq-like history... a history whose moments are written with the blood of martyrs (Shuhada); and whose days are painted with Young Men emigrating and Young Men imprisoned, and Young Men slaying and being Slain… A day we are pleased, and a day displeased... A loved one is carried away and thrown into a water well (the Prophet Yusuf) and a day we go hungry and beg Allah, and a day we eat and thank Allah. This is the History of the living and thus do we enter amongst the pious.

As for over there, over there is the history of the “dead”. That is of course, if the dead even have a history.

Wal Hamdu Lillahi Rabb Al-Alamin

And peace and blessing upon the last, Messenger and upon his family and companions and all these who follow him in Excellence till the Last day.

http://freeshifa.com/images/Contents/breezes.pdf

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.