/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dhul Qarnayn=Alexander the Great????

bewildred
09-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Salam my sisters and brothers,

I've always been curious about the story and true identity of Dhul Qarnayn. Is he really Alexander The Great? Knowing this character, he has some let's say... unreligious chacteristics.

What do you think?

S.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-01-2009, 05:11 AM
I am sure, Dhul Qarnayn was not the Macedonian king Alexander the Great. They were different persons.

So, who was Dhul Qarnayn ?. Some historians say he was the Persian emperor Cyrus the Great.

Beardo
10-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I heard these theories too! Isn't it fascinating?

But I highly doubt it was Alexander, or Cyrus either, to be honest. Though, I base my opinions off of what I learn about these two conquerers from my teachers. We're studying this right now, actually, in History class (Western Civ).

I'll refer back to my notes. Best not to make assumptions so easily though, because once a rumor is spread that Alexander or Cyrus is Dhul Qarnayn, people will refer to History books, which also have many opinions. It could deviate opinions and people.

Alexander was known for fighting with his army, despite being a leader. On top of that, he used to be in the front lines of battle. I found that very noble of him.

ardianto
10-01-2009, 05:57 AM
Although some historians say Dhul Qarnayn was Cyrus the Great, I am doubt about it.

Dhul Qarnayn was came from a place in west (if we stand in Arabia), and Persia is on the north.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.