/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The best tip to make your husband love you

tresbien
10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I have decided to make an exception of writing differently but the aim is to make u husband happy.Try this type of food and seek reward from ALLAH.Remember that putting smile on the lips of u family is charity.

THIS IS AN outstanding recipe for classic Moroccan Couscous with Seven Vegetables. Steamed couscous is piled high with stewed meat and vegetables – very delicious!

See How to Steam Couscous if you've never cooked with a couscoussier. If using chicken in place of the meat, select an organic, free-range bird due to the long cooking time.

Feel free to vary the quantity of each vegetable to your family's preferences, but try to include the full variety to achieve an authentically flavored sauce. Popular additions to the seven vegetables are listed as optional ingredients.

Generously serves 6 adults.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Ingredients:

* 1 kg (2 lbs. 3 oz.) dry couscous (not instant)
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* ------------------------------------------------------------------
* 1 kg (2 lbs. 3 oz.) lamb or beef, cut into large pieces on the bone (or 1 whole chicken)
* 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
* 3 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
* 1 tablespoon pepper
* 2 teaspoons ginger
* 1 teaspoon turmeric, or 1/4 teaspoon Moroccan yellow colorant
* 1 handful of parsley and cilantro sprigs, tied into a bouquet
* 1/2 of a small cabbage, cut into 2 or 3 sections
* 3 or 4 turnips, peeled and halved
* 10 carrots, peeled and halved
* 1 or 2 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
* 1 or 2 small onions, whole or halved
* 1 small acorn squash, quartered (or a small section of pumpkin, cut into 3" pieces)
* 4 or 5 small zucchini (long or 8-ball round), ends removed and halved
* 2 or 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and halved (optional)
* 1/4 cup dry chickpeas, soaked overnight (optional)
* 1/2 cup fresh fava beans (optional)
* 1 or 2 jalapeño or chili peppers (optional)*
* 2 tablespoons butter (for the couscous)
* 1 tablespoon salt (for the couscous)
* 1 teaspoon smen (Moroccan preserved butter - optional)

Preparation:

Mix the meat, onion, tomatoes, oil and spices in the bottom of a couscoussier. Cook uncovered over medium to medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until the meat is browned and the onions and tomatoes have formed a thick sauce.

Add 2 1/2 liters (about 2 1/2 quarts) of water, the parsley/cilantro bouquet, and the chick peas. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer rapidly for 25 to 30 minutes.
First Steaming of the Couscous

While the meat is cooking, get the couscous ready for its first steaming. Oil the steamer basket and set it aside. Empty the dry couscous into a very large bowl, and work in 1/4 cup of vegetable oil with your hands, tossing the couscous and rubbing it between your palms. (This will help prevent the couscous grains from clumping together.) Next, work in 1 cup of water in the same manner, using your hands to evenly distribute the liquid into the couscous. Transfer the couscous to the oiled steamer basket.

Add the cabbage to the broth, and place the steamer basket on top. Once you see steam rising from the couscous, steam the couscous for 15 minutes.

Note: If you see steam escaping from between the basket and couscoussier, you'll need to seal the joint. You can do this in several ways:

* wrap and tie a long piece of damp cloth over the joint, or
* tightly wrap a long piece of kitchen plastic film around the joint, or
* wrap and drape a long piece of kitchen plastic film onto the rim of the couscoussier, and then place the basket on top (this is my preferred method)

Once the couscous has steamed for 15 minutes, empty it back into your large bowl and break it apart.
Second Steaming of the Couscous

When the couscous has cooled enough to handle, gradually work in 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of salt with your hands. Again, toss the couscous and rub it between your palms to break up any balls or clumps. Transfer the couscous back into the steamer, taking care not to pack or compress the couscous.

Add the turnips, tomatoes, onions, carrots and fava beans (if using) to the pot. Place the steamer basket on top of the couscoussier, and steam the couscous a second time for 15 minutes, timing from when you see the steam rising from the couscous. (Again, seal the joint if you see steam escaping.)

When the couscous has steamed for 15 to 20 minutes, turn it out into the large bowl again. Break it apart, and leave to cool a few minutes.

If using pumpkin, add it to the couscoussier, and cover the pot.
Third Steaming of Couscous

Gradually work 3 cups of water into the couscous with your hands, tossing it and rubbing the grains between your palms. Taste the couscous, and add a little salt if desired.

Transfer about half of the couscous to the steamer basket. Again, try to handle the couscous lightly and avoid packing it into the steamer.

Add the squash, zucchini, and sweet potatoes to the couscoussier, and place the steamer basket on top. (Again, seal the joint if necessary.)

When you see the steam rise through the couscous, carefully add the remaining couscous to the steamer. Continue cooking, watching for the steam to rise from the couscous. Allow the couscous to steam a third time for a full 15 to 20 minutes. At this point, all of the vegetables should be cooked. Test the vegetables to be sure, cooking longer if necessary. Taste the sauce – it should be salty and peppery – and adjust the seasoning if desired.

If you're using smen, add it to the sauce in the pot.
Serving the Couscous and Vegetables

Empty the couscous into the large bowl, and break it apart. Mix in the 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 ladles of sauce.

To serve the couscous, shape it into a mound with a well in the center. Put the meat into the well, and arrange the vegetables on top and all around. Distribute the sauce evenly over the couscous and vegetables, reserving one or two bowlfuls to offer on the side for those who prefer more sauce.

* If you're serving the couscous with jalapeño peppers, simmer the peppers, covered, in a half ladle of sauce and a little water, for about 40 minutes, or until the jalapeños are tender. The peppers are typically placed on top of the couscous, and small pieces may be broken off as a condiment.
Beef or lamb with prunes is a classic Moroccan dish that combines sweet prunes and meat with the fragrant spices of ginger, saffron, cinnamon and pepper. It's often served at holiday gatherings, weddings and other special occasions with crusty bread for scooping up the meat and sauce.

This easy recipe shows you how to prepare Meat and Prunes using a pressure cooker or pot. If desired, the dish can be prepared early in the day and reheated. Use tender cuts of meat (some pieces on the bone) for the best results.

Serves 4 to 6.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients:

* 2 lb. (about 1 kg) tender beef or lamb, cut into three inch pieces
* 1/2 lb. (about 250 g) sweet onions, grated
* 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (or 1/4 teaspoon Moroccan yellow colorant)
* 1 or 2 sticks cinnamon
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup butter or vegetable oil
* 8 or 9 sprigs of cilantro, tied together
* 1/2 lb. (about 1/4 kg) prunes
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* handful of fried, blanched almonds (optional)
* 1 tablespoon toasted golden sesame seeds (optional)

Preparation:

In a large pot or pressure cooker, mix the meat with the onions, garlic, salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon sticks, turmeric, saffron, oil, and butter.

Add 2 1/2 cups of water and the cilantro. Over medium high heat, bring the meat and liquids to a fast simmer.

Pressure cooker method. If using a pressure cooker, cover tightly and continue heating until pressure is achieved. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook with pressure for 45 to 50 minutes. (Note: About halfway through cooking, remove and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquids.) After the meat has cooked, release the pressure and reduce the sauce, uncovered, until it is mostly oils and onion.

Pot method. If using a pot, cover and simmer the meat over medium heat for two to two-and-half hours, until the meat is very tender and breaks away easily from the bone. (Note: About halfway through cooking, remove and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquids.) If necessary, add a small amount of water during cooking to prevent the meat from scorching. When the meat has cooked, reduce the sauce until it is mostly oil and onions.

Cook the prunes. While the meat is cooking, put the prunes in a small pot and cover with water. Simmer over medium heat, partially covered, until the prunes are quite tender. (How long this takes can vary greatly depending on the prunes, but the average time is 15 to 30 minutes.) Drain the prunes, and add the 1/2 cup of liquids reserved from the meat. Stir in the honey, sugar and cinnamon, and simmer the prunes about 10 minutes, or until they are sitting in a thick syrup.

To serve. Put the meat on a large serving platter, and spoon the prunes and syrup on top. If desired, garnish with fried almonds and/or sesame seeds.
Sliced oranges get simple yet sophisticated treatment with a generous sprinkling of ground cinnamon, sugar and orange flower water. Serve this classic Moroccan dessert as a perfect ending to family meals and company dinners.

Some Moroccans use powdered sugar instead of granulated, but I prefer the contrasting texture and crunch of the granulated sugar.

A sprig of mint leaves can be added as a garnish if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:

* For each person:
* 1 or 2 navel oranges
* 1 teaspoon orange flower water
* granulated sugar (or powdered sugar)
* ground cinnamon

Preparation:

Peel the oranges and removed the pith. Slice the oranges into rings, about 1/4 inch thick.

Arrange the orange slices on a plate – make a pattern if you like – and drizzle with the orange flower water. Generously sprinkle the slices with sugar and cinnamon, and serve immediately.
Tips:

If serving children, you might prefer to halve the oranges lengthwise before slicing.

If prepping the oranges in advance, wait to add the sugar and cinnamon until serving time.

To make more delecious meal visit
http://moroccanfood.about.com/cs/r.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2009, 09:54 PM
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

jazakAllah khair bro

made me laugh :D

glo
10-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! :D

جوري
10-02-2009, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tresbien
The best tip to make your husband love you

Did you make an error in the title? This looks like the best way to make your wife love you ;D;D;D

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InToTheRain
10-02-2009, 10:04 PM
:sl:

I thought this thread will be something along this line:

how to be a good wife

:p

Cabdullahi
10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Did you make an error in the title? This looks like the best way to make your wife love you ;D;D;D

Correction:

The best way to make your wife have a concealed grudge against you...........

is by giving her a recipe like the one the brother has posted on some scrap paper and tell her to cook it NOW!

جوري
10-03-2009, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Correction:

The best way to make your wife have a concealed grudge against you...........

is by giving her a recipe like the one the brother has posted on some scrap paper and tell her to cook it NOW!
he just seemed so dexterous with that recipe, that I doubt any woman would be able to get it that complete and scrumptious.. as such only he is able to perfect it...:shade:

glo
10-03-2009, 07:24 AM

Yes, tresbien.
Get on that apron and wield those pots and pans! :D

glo
10-03-2009, 07:26 AM
he just seemed so dexterous with that recipe, that I doubt any woman would be able to get it that complete and scrumptious.. as such only he is able to perfect it...:shade:

How about we get a panel of judges together and sample the food?
I volunteer! :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-03-2009, 09:55 AM
what if your wife doesn't want to love you though :X

i was thinking the same thing :p

format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid

I thought this thread will be something along this line:

how to be a good wife

:p
that one they had about taking his shoes off, was just...off :hmm:

tresbien
10-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I would like to hear that all muslim families are happy.My sister making sure putting smile on the lips of your husband is an act of obedience.On the other hand if you spend my brother on u family is a charity .Beautify to u husbands and versi versa.Let each of you sees smiles on the face of each other.
the money that a person spends on his family counts as charity if his intention is for Allah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “When a Muslim spends on his family seeking reward for it from Allah, it counts for him as charity.” (Reported by Muslim)

There is reward in good deeds done with no expectation of remuneration in this life

And a woman may give charity of her husband’s earnings. `A’ishah, the wife of the Prophet reported that he said, “When a woman gives in charity some of the food in her house, without causing any damage, there is reward for her for whatever she has given, and a reward for her husband for what he earned. The same applies to the trustee. In no respect does the one diminish the reward of the other.” (Reported by Muslim)

Snowflake
10-03-2009, 12:26 PM
More like 'The best tip to make your mum love you' lol

I don't know any asian man who likes couscous.. they like their pilaws and birianis far too much to experiment with international cuisine :-\ *BORING!*

Ummu Sufyaan
10-03-2009, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tresbien
My sister making sure putting smile on the lips of your husband is an act of obedience.
of course. i take it you are replying to:
that one they had about taking his shoes off, was just...off
just to clarify, what i meant by this is that i cant believe that someone would expect and be happy for someone else to do such a thing for them.

i dont understand why it is so hard for someone to do something so simple. being lazy is one thing, and begin lazy and getting someone to do mundane tasks for you, is another.

although it would make him happy, i find it rather offensive to the wife (or even if it was the other way around) to bend down and take his shoes off. it's really out of this world. and poor thing, what if he has foot odour? +o( :omg:...doesn't he feel ashamed of himself?

it's simply ridiculous. its like asking your wife to get you a glass of water becuase you are too lazy to yourself. im sorry, its stupid. its not the glass of water that is the problem, it is the principle behind it that is worrying.

making your husband happy is huge, but being considerate to your wife and not over troubling her is nice as well.

ژاله
10-03-2009, 12:59 PM
^:thumbs_up

syilla
10-03-2009, 01:09 PM
If my hubby won't appreciate this dish... i blame you :p

transition?
10-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Best tip to make your fellowIBers happy.*

fixed

tresbien
10-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Glo welcome at any time.i will be a good host.As for those who are from ASIA let try this one
lassic Moroccan Mint Tea is made by steeping green tea with spearmint leaves. Many families serve it more than once a day.

Moroccan tea pots vary in size, but a small pot typically holds about a half liter (six glasses) of tea, while a larger pot holds approximately a liter (12 glasses).

The measures below are for a small pot of tea and are approximates since tea leaves vary in quality and strength. Try a variety – not a brand – of green tea called Chinese Gunpowder.

The recipe reflects the fact that most Moroccans like their tea quite sweet. Adjust sugar to your personal taste.

Serves 2 to 4.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients:

* 1 tablespoon Green Tea leaves
* 1 large handful fresh spearmint leaves, washed
* 1/2 liter (about 2 cups) boiling water
* 1/4 cup sugar

Preparation:

Boil at least a liter of water. Rinse a small tea pot with about 1/4 cup of the water.

Add the tea leaves and another 1/4 cup boiling water. Swirl the pot to wash and rinse the leaves, and pour out the water.

Add the mint leaves and the sugar, and fill the pot with 1/2 liter (about 2 cups) boiling water. Leave the tea to steep for five minutes or longer, or set the tea pot over medium-low heat and bring the tea to a simmer. Remove from the heat, and allow to steep several minutes more.

Gently stir the tea, pour into small tea glasses and serve.

nightingale
10-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Does one have to do all that to earn one's husband's love? :exhausted

tresbien
10-03-2009, 03:03 PM
nightingale and others
Do u hate doing chores ,cooking and washes.My question now is directed to men Do u like women who are good cook.Are u for or against helping them doing chores.

Muhaba
10-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Do u hate doing chores ,cooking and washes.
no, as long as i'm appreciated and the work isn't too hard. i'm not very good at housework so can use the help of a housekeeper once in a while (like once a week lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.