/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this the way you always treat people?

Beetr
10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
I posted a thread asking a question. Yes it was on a "sensitive" subject, but I asked it with good manners and in a respectful way.

I had a number of answers which I intended to digest during this weekend, a few people asked for it to be deleted but moderators seemed to agree that it should not be.

Anyway, I've just come back to read those responses. Not only has the thread now been deleted, but my ACCOUNT was also deleted.

Is this the way you normally treat people? If someone comes here and says "I am reading about Islam but ........ troubles me" you delete the thread and close their account?

What am I to conclude from such actions? That Islam is a religion in which you are not allowed to ask questions, and should ignore the parts you are uncomfortable with?

To be quite honest I find this censorship quite surprising, but the additional closure of my account I find shocking.

If anyone says my post was disrespectful then they are lying, it was polite.

wa alaykum salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kim-berry
10-16-2009, 09:57 PM
There was a problem and a lot of things were deleted and if you were new your account disappeared too, don't worry people arn't all against you now :)

GuestFellow
10-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Ah O_o

The entire forum has gotten into some sort of mess. Many threads have been deleted and I heard some members account got messed up. The admins now have sorted the problem. Unfortunately we cannot get all the deleted threads back.

Create the topic again and we shall continue with the discussion. No one is against you.

Danah
10-16-2009, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beetr
I posted a thread asking a question. Yes it was on a "sensitive" subject, but I asked it with good manners and in a respectful way.

I had a number of answers which I intended to digest during this weekend, a few people asked for it to be deleted but moderators seemed to agree that it should not be.

Anyway, I've just come back to read those responses. Not only has the thread now been deleted, but my ACCOUNT was also deleted.

Is this the way you normally treat people? If someone comes here and says "I am reading about Islam but ........ troubles me" you delete the thread and close their account?

What am I to conclude from such actions? That Islam is a religion in which you are not allowed to ask questions, and should ignore the parts you are uncomfortable with?

To be quite honest I find this censorship quite surprising, but the additional closure of my account I find shocking.

wa alaykum salam
Calm down bro/sis....the whole forum went through a restoration process to what was posted up to 5th Oct. This is not a personal matter at all
check this thread : http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...oard-back.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rasema
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
I'll just give a genuine advice. What angers me is that people judge waht they have no knowledge about. Not that you have done this.

aamirsaab
10-16-2009, 10:07 PM
:sl:
Forum crashed - things got deleed. Any changes to the internal database for the past 2 weeks were included in this deletion i.e posts, threads, members and reps.

layla is here
10-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I want to see what the thread was about. I hope he recreates it.

Eliphaz
10-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Dear Beetr,

What the other guys said.

Your thread was in no way uncomfortable nor was its subject matter. I too am sad that it has disappeared (along with many other threads), but such things happen...

Please stick around and maybe re-create the thread if you aren't too miffed off!

Woodrow
10-16-2009, 11:29 PM

wa alaykum salam
Peace,

Hopefully you will reappear and restart your thread. I felt it was going as a calm peaceful debate and was looking foreword to it becoming a long and lasting thread as it could have been used as a reference in the future.

Sadly the forum crashed. Over 3000 post were lost along with the log in information for all people who joined after October 4th. At one point it looked like nothing before August was restorative. Fortunately, some admins worked long and hard to get at least 90% restored up to Oct 5, but everything that occurred after Oct. 5th appears to be lost for good.

layla is here
10-16-2009, 11:31 PM
I gave a lot of reps during that time. too bad they were lost :(

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-17-2009, 12:08 AM
:sl: brother, no one deleted your posts nor your account. It's not a smart idea to just let rip your emotions without thinking first...

If you didn't notice already, there is a message near the top of the forum about what went on here...i.e. forum crashing. If you wish, you may recreate your thread. Please do not bring Islam into the picture, that bothers me when people do that. Don't blame Islam. The only part I found disrespectful was you bringing Islam into it, which means you're calling me a liar..which is silly :)

:w:

Ansariyah
10-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Its all a misunderstanding. I'm sure u'll understand after reading all the above posts.
P'eace.

Beetr
10-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Well it's good news that my account wasn't deleted, that is reassuring at least. I did get an email saying I had received a private message entitled "Thread deleted", and then coming back to discover my account has also disappeared "smelled".

I'll see if I can rustle up the morale to type it in again, it was a fairly long message.

Salam

Beetr
10-17-2009, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
:sl: brother, no one deleted your posts nor your account. It's not a smart idea to just let rip your emotions without thinking first...

If you didn't notice already, there is a message near the top of the forum about what went on here...i.e. forum crashing. If you wish, you may recreate your thread. Please do not bring Islam into the picture, that bothers me when people do that. Don't blame Islam. The only part I found disrespectful was you bringing Islam into it, which means you're calling me a liar..which is silly :)

:w:
>Don't blame Islam.

Well, the Muslims I know wouldn't over react in such a way, I was asking if this is the forum moderators' normal behaviour and the forum moderators' "you can't question Islam" attitude.

> Which means you are calling me a liar.

I only said that anyone who says I was disrespectful in my question was lying.

Anyway, hopefully I will get some time to rewrite it at some point during the weekend.

Salam

Muslim Woman
10-17-2009, 07:25 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here
I gave a lot of reps during that time. too bad they were lost :(
tooooooo bad that I lost many positive rep points

Sweely
10-17-2009, 07:59 AM
The forum crashed, and I didn't see the thread you posted. Could you re-post it? It wouldn't be too hard...

Woodrow
10-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Well it's good news that my account wasn't deleted, that is reassuring at least. I did get an email saying I had received a private message entitled "Thread deleted", and then coming back to discover my account has also disappeared "smelled".

I'll see if I can rustle up the morale to type it in again, it was a fairly long message.

Salam
Looking fore-ward to see you re-posting your thread. Hopefully, this time the forum will hold together long enough for you to get some answers.

Muhammad
10-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Greetings Beetr,

You don't need to re-write the whole post, you can simply start a thread summarising the key points to be discussed and it should pick up from there...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-17-2009, 12:53 PM
>Don't blame Islam.

Well, the Muslims I know wouldn't over react in such a way, I was asking if this is the forum moderators' normal behaviour and the forum moderators' "you can't question Islam" attitude.

> Which means you are calling me a liar.

I only said that anyone who says I was disrespectful in my question was lying.

Anyway, hopefully I will get some time to rewrite it at some point during the weekend.

Salam

Ok brother no problem. InshaAllah, like bro Muhammad said, you could point out your main concerns. I haven't had the opportunity to read your thread, as myself have been away from LI coz of uni.

All the best.
Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.