/* */

PDA

View Full Version : www.MyLifeisStrong.com

Beardo
10-16-2009, 11:13 PM
:sl:

One of my friends made a new site... It's a pretty cool concept. Check it out..

www.MyLifeisStrong.com

----

About MyLifeisStrong

Our soul purpose for this site is for your learning and virtuous entertainment. As residents of the same planet, we learn and strive together for the greater good (hopefully). This site is just one other way to do that... Through fun and interactivity where we look at the past... Learning from it, yet while laughing at it.

Our purpose is not for commercial reasons. We hope that through MyLifeisStrong, you are able to learn and enjoy.

Many of you may not be familiar on how this site works. The site's theme is known as an 'FML Clone', like many of the other MyLifeis... sites. Basically, one person submits an entry that starts with 'Today...' and ends with 'MLIS' (MyLifeisStrong). Some sample entries would be:

-Today, I was about to steal a gumball from the gumjar at the candy shop... Until I remembered that God is always watching upon me. MLIS

-Today, I backbit a friend. I later went to him personally, apologized, and asked for forgiveness. MLIS!

- Today, or actually the other day, was my last straw with the unfair school rules. I wrote a letter to the principal, explaining what and why. MLIS!

Be creative! Let's see your MLIS entries! They can consist of humor, confession, or whatever you wish. Just make sure they comply with the Terms of Use/Rules. Enjoy!

(written by: Ridwan Baig)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
layla is here
10-16-2009, 11:18 PM
This is an interesting webpage.

Beardo
10-16-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here
This is an interesting webpage.
Yeah lol. Masha'Allah, creative idea. He's been really excited about it. He even made a FaceBook group for it.

After one of my friends saw this, he decided to make another one too. It's still in the process. Insha'Allah, I'm going to try and help him get it up this weekend... It's going to be called MyLifeisOpinionated.com. Basically with the same concept. :D

Please register for the site too!

kim-berry
10-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Interesting idea, but what's the "Woah! You got some strength" and "Meh, you are weak sauce" thing under the posts?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
10-17-2009, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kim-berry
Interesting idea, but what's the "Woah! You got some strength" and "Meh, you are weak sauce" thing under the posts?
Click on the one you agree with. It's like the reputation system on this forum. :P

Hayaa
10-17-2009, 04:30 AM

Interesting. There's also another I know that's something like "my life is desi..". But I like this! mashaAllah :)

Cabdullahi
10-17-2009, 05:13 AM
''Today, I had some banana chips. MLIS! :D''

a site about banana chips??

Beardo
10-17-2009, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa

Interesting. There's also another I know that's something like "my life is desi..". But I like this! mashaAllah :)
It's legally scripted, in case you are wondering. lol. It is a clone of that type of site. FML, MLID, and all that. Jazakallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
''Today, I had some banana chips. MLIS! :D''

a site about banana chips??
LOL! Brooo, way off. That was a joke by someone from IB. Not telling whooo. :D

Make sure you guys register!

Btw, I do NOT own the site lol, as I got some asking that. Credits to Ridwan Baig. :shade:

kim-berry
10-17-2009, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Click on the one you agree with. It's like the reputation system on this forum. :P
I randomly clicked them when I went on the site, oops.. :embarrass

Beardo
10-17-2009, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kim-berry
I randomly clicked them when I went on the site, oops.. :embarrass
lolll. Happens to a lot of people who are new to the concept. I hope you enjoy. :D

sunlight
10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
My inbox is getting spammed with mail from mylifeisstrong and another similar site.

So annoying because I try to limit the number of sites that have my email and always opt not have my email passed onto 3rd parties.

syilla
10-19-2009, 05:18 AM
salams... i just don't understand the comments. why there is an option you are weak

Fטлку
10-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Already got 'em :rollseyes

I joined MLIS...n will join MLIO (?) later :)

Fטлку
10-19-2009, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
salams... i just don't understand the comments. why there is an option you are week
Its like negatve and positive rep.
Woah,You got some strength= Positive.
Meh, You are weak sauce= Negative.

should've named em better xD

syilla
10-19-2009, 06:44 AM
^^^ oh ma...theres lots of negative reps then

Fטлку
10-19-2009, 06:58 AM
^^^ oh ma...theres lots of negative reps then
yeah...
I wonder what this poor guy said to deserve to be called weak sauce.. <_<
http://www.mylifeisstrong.com/view/Miscellaneous/30

Danah
10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sunlight
My inbox is getting spammed with mail from mylifeisstrong and another similar site.

So annoying because I try to limit the number of sites that have my email and always opt not have my email passed onto 3rd parties.
same here!

format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
I really didn't like idea that you used your mailing list to promote others' such sites :hmm: Too much junk's flowing in my inbox since you took over :hmm:
JazakAllah khair for saying what I was about to say!
and I am sure a lot of members have the same thought as well.

Fטлку
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
and I am sure a lot of members have the same thought as well.
You're so right about that. Hence the screenshots.
Does this site let out email addresses? :nervous:

Danah
10-19-2009, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
Does this site let out email addresses? :nervous:
immm....ask the admin, it depends on his policy :hmm:

Beardo
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
No, I don't exploit the addresses themselves.

And each of these sites paid $75 each per email. >_>

anyway, I won't send out anymore advertising emails if it bothers you guys SO much. But what about my weekly radio and stuff updates?

Danah
10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
No, I don't exploit the addresses themselves.

anyway, I won't send out anymore advertising emails if it bothers you guys SO much. But what about my weekly radio and stuff updates?
Advertising such sites can be done here in this section. As for radio and updates stuff -for me- I am very fine with them inshaAllah

JazakAllah khair in advance

Fטлку
10-19-2009, 03:52 PM
You get paid for it...what do we get? :shade:

Beardo
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fטлку
You get paid for it...what do we get? :shade:
What do you guys get?

- IslamicBoard.com
- JannahRadio.com
- JannahNetwork.com
- QalamNewsletter.com
and the list goes on and on.

I don't pocket the money, you know >_> Even though, I very well can because none of the sites run off donation money.

Grofica
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sunlight

yeah me too... i didnt even know what it was until just now... i understand the point is to get the word out but why spam people... thats just not nice.:raging:

syilla
10-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I really didn't like idea that you used your mailing list to promote others' such sites :hmm: [ok, I'll stop myself from calling it a silly site]. Too much junk's flowing in my inbox since you took over :hmm:
awww...i pity akhee rashad. he is just being innovative and productive...huhuhu.

Just create another folder from him :omg: in the mailbox :hiding:

Beardo
10-21-2009, 02:06 AM
awww...i pity akhee rashad. he is just being innovative and productive...huhuhu.

lol Jazax. :D

anyway, I'll stop if that's what you guys want. It's not like I send emails to those who've opted not to. >_<

Which one do you guys like better

Mylifeisopinionated.com
or
mylifeisstrong.com

Fטлку
10-21-2009, 05:35 AM
I don't mind the emails if it benefits someone :hmm: I'll just not read them =p

Danah
10-21-2009, 07:06 AM

What the point of doing that if we just wanna get rid of them and don't read any?
Bro rashad, can't we have any control over this? Like an unsubscribtion option or something like that? Maybe some people like to get such emails

Neither :hmm: :exhausted
Same here!

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Which one do you guys like better

Mylifeisopinionated.com
or
mylifeisstrong.com
neither either. they both sound lame (no offense)...dnt prefix it with "my life is..." try change that part of it if you can...

Beardo
10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
What the point of doing that if we just wanna get rid of them and don't read any?
Bro rashad, can't we have any control over this? Like an unsubscribtion option or something like that? Maybe some people like to get such emails

Same here!
Read my previous posts. I already said I don't send emails to those who opt not to.

Secondly, Alhamdulillah the sites are going well :D Receives an average of 7K hits a dayyyy, masha'Allah. The first day it topped 10 K. :X

~Raindrop~
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
oooops lol i got this email but thought it was spam so deleted it lol :embarrass

maybe when iv got a bit of extra time....

Danah
10-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Read my previous posts. I already said I don't send emails to those who opt not to.

Secondly, Alhamdulillah the sites are going well :D Receives an average of 7K hits a dayyyy, masha'Allah. The first day it topped 10 K. :X
What if I want to receive emails for this forum (updates and such) but not about others (advertisements for other sites)?

this is what I meant in my previous post.

OurIslamic
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Here are two websites where you can share your opinion and how you are doing in life!

1) http://www.MyLifeIsOpinionated.com

2) http://www.MyLifeIsStrong.com

NOTE: These are not forums, rather, they are websites where you can make a simple "post" and it will appear on the website after moderation :).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!