/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum STAT Updates & Advertisements

Beardo
10-19-2009, 04:21 AM
We had a thread earlier, giving you members a chance to post your complaints on the forum. Many of you said the forum is dying out, so I wanted to give an update on that...

Alhamdulillah, the forum is NOT dying out actually. Even after the crash, we are still doing better than expected Alhamdulillah. On average, our site receives about 50,000 unique visitors per month at the VERY least Masha'Allah. Due to the crash, that went down a few thousand though.

Ramadan was our peak season, where we almost touched the 100,000 mark in terms of unique visitors, but now that Ramadan has expired, that's cut down to half.

Are we dying out?

Alhamdulillah, no we are NOT dying out, rest assured. Our goal is to learn and discuss for beneficial purposes. If we keep that intention, nothing will affect us Insha'Allah Ta'ala.

Are we headed upwards or downwards?

I check the forum stats often to make sure we are headed the right direction. If I see some downhill signs, I try to do what I can to bring it back up. This month, for example, we brought in Baba Ali, and Zain Bhikah is next week Insha'Allah Ta'ala.

From the chart I am observing right now, the crash has caused us to head downhill. Even though, I can't say we are not steady. That means that the members and visitors are loyal to IslamicBoard Masha'Allah. I feel Insha'Allah we are headed on the escalator once again.

I could go into the details of the report google analytics provides us, but I'll stop it right now. That should give you guys a brief overview.

-------------

Advertisements:

I've been holding this back for a while, but I suppose I can now mention it.

A lot of staff members suggested Ad removers to the individual user to block the Ads if they annoy you. OR use a different theme.

I noticed some caring IB members asked if clicking the Ads give us revenue. No, they do not. The revenue income is calculated by the amount of UNIQUE visitors we receive per month. Our contract is signed thus that we are gauranteed a minimum amount, and it was signed in such a fashion that the minimal amount is the minimum required amount we need to run this forum per month.

What fees do we need for IB? We have two servers, each consisting of 40 GB. Brother Sajid said we will be upgraded to 80 GB each soon enough without extra charge. We also have cPanel administrative back ends.

Donations? I no longer accept donations for IslamicBoard, and probably will not be doing so for another year or two. Instead, Donations can be headed to JannahRelief.com. Brother Far7an is assisting the Network in managing the IslamicBoard Relief program.

My personal belief is that there are better places to donate rather than to forums like ourselves. It's not as big of a necessity as books and papers for students. That is why I am keeping the contract as is.

The contract IS very restrictive. We cannot post our own advertisements on the forum due to that reason. We must go with the Ads the contractors provide. It's tough, but I suppose it's something required from us.

There's no way I can afford the site's monthly payments without a job either. So I hope nobody minds the Ads. At the moment, there's only two.

Surplus? Yes, there is a surplus of money at times when unique visitors is high. Like for example, the month of Ramadan brought in a lot of Barakah. Our payment almost tripled. Where does the money go? It goes straight into the Jannah Network treasury, where it is safely kept Insha'Allah for future projects.

----

Idea:

I discussed this with the staff, and I don't think I got any objections so I'll bring it forth to you guys. Apparently this forum had a MEDIA section. I tried searching through the IB history threads, but could not find any information on it. What do you guys think about the idea? Members must register to download the material on the media section.

And LASTLY... What themes do you guys not use? I want to delete the unused themes. Taking up space and causing problems!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
10-21-2009, 04:04 PM
:bump: :bump:

Far7an
10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't think anyone uses vbSEO.com style.

GuestFellow
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Salaam.

Ah I thought this forum was doing quite well. Never knew members thought the forum was failing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
:sl:

The forum seems to be very very quiet after the crash.. :><:

:wa:

Beardo
10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
:sl:

The forum seems to be very very quiet after the crash.. :><:

:wa:
No, Alhamdulillah we're starting to climb back up. I was just reviewing the statistics again for the posts... The last 2-3 days were average as before the crash took place, Alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.