/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather have a writing or poetry comp?

Re.TiReD
10-19-2009, 02:16 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

:popcorn:

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eliphaz
10-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Hmm. Interesting.

Poetry, because it takes less time to write! :D

Güven
10-19-2009, 03:06 PM
What happened to the photo competition?

ژاله
10-19-2009, 05:41 PM
i would like to have both, though i am unlikely to participate in any:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
10-19-2009, 07:07 PM
both:D with reps going to first time writers

Re.TiReD
10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Alhamdulillah

Agreed with every single post, just not the photgraphy one...I never wanted a photography comp :exhausted

Muezzin
10-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Both, like we were discussing before the forum went spastic.

Re.TiReD
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Both, like we were discussing before the forum went spastic.
;D hah!

Ok insha'Allah. Which one first? Do we decide on a theme? Can you give deadlines again, provisional please?

Muezzin
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
;D hah!

Ok insha'Allah. Which one first? Do we decide on a theme?
Don't mind, so long as there's a nice, big word limit for fiction, to give all the entrants some breathing room.

Can you give deadlines again, provisional please?
Suggestions only:

Poetry - Early November

Photography - Late November

Fiction - December

Re.TiReD
10-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Don't mind, so long as there's a nice, big word limit for fiction, to give all the writers some breathing room.

Suggestions only:

Poetry - Early November

Fiction - December
Oki doke, JazakAllah khayr

And if members would like me to take charge of the photography one know that I dont have the patience nor intelligence to make it fancy with categories and judges and whatnot. I'd provide a theme and you guys would snap away with your nokia 6230's.

If not you may ask Uncle Woodrow.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-20-2009, 05:27 AM
:sl:
Don't mind, so long as there's a nice, big word limit for fiction, to give all the entrants some breathing room.

Suggestions only:

Poetry - Early November

Fiction - December
sounds good. and before the forum went spastic, i dont know if anyone saw my post, but i suggested to make the deadlines "strict" and not keep changing them, otherwise not many people will take it seriously. just set a deadline where you think it'll be convenient for everyone and leave it at that.

Re.TiReD
10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Ok, lets get on with the poetry contest first since it has the most votes.

Several things:
  • I will not be entering
  • You should send your entries to me
  • Deadline is the 10th of November
  • There is no set theme but should be Islamic
  • Voting will be poll-based and public
  • Voting will be open for 3 days after which the winner will be announced
  • Winner takes allllll :D my reps :p
Any questions?

Nájlá
10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
^Neither do I. No one wants to take anyones reps. Samaka don't give ur reps out you earnd them fishy.

Btw i voted for story, Not that I'll enter but cant wait to read all the entries. :D

Re.TiReD
10-20-2009, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^I don't agree with the last bit. So don't repeat that again :hmm:
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
^Neither do I. No one wants to take anyones reps. Samaka don't give ur reps out you earnd them fishy.
I got it from here:

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

Competitions: Any full member can make their own competition, giving out reputation points as well. This idea might be difficult on the staff, but I thought it was cool. Members can DONATE reputation points instead of the staff giving out free points. Minimum donation will probably be 500 or something. It'll make it more like a community thing that way, you know?

Ramadhan
10-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I am excited about all these competitions. I don't think I'll participate in either poetry and story writing, knowing my limited english vocabs, but I might take part in the photo comp.

Will we get to vote for the winners?

Muezzin
10-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Here are some suggestions for the story contest:

5000 word limit

Note this is a limit, not a target. It's simply to give the entrants sufficient space in which to tell their stories. So long as the entries do not exceed the limit, it should be fine for all concerned. :)

Theme - no set theme, in accordance with previous story contests, and the poetry contest.

I'm being tentative because I intend to enter, so I don't want to create an unfair situation where I'm setting the rules. The above suggestions are just that - suggestions. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.