/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Raking the leaves.

OmerAsadAllah
10-19-2009, 08:59 PM
:sl:
On Thursday my friends and i decided to go see a movie on Saturday around 4 o'clock. I had told my parents and everything and they said it was fine. Then on that day my dad told me that he was going to do the leaves but someone called in sick and wanted him to work his shift, so he had to go leaving me to rake the leaves all by myself around 2 o'clock. I was going to help him anyways because the yard's so huge, I couldn't have let him do it by himself. Well there were 8 piles and they were stacked each about 4 feet high and about 9 feet wide with leaves!!!!! There was no doubt it would take me more than 3 hours to do all the yard work. So he left and then i stood there staring at the backyard. Knowing the work would make me miss the movie with my friends i looked at it and was about to say " I hate this, why does this happen to me" but before i was about to say it I remembered this ayah i read the day before.(In Surat -Al Fajr 89;16)

Translation:But when He tries him, by straitening his means of life, he says: "My Lord has humiliated me!"
It made me change my mind, because i didn't want to be of the people Allah was talking about in that ayah so instead i praised Allah for the condition that I'm in and all the blessings Allah has already bestowed upon me ,and i said Alhamdulillah. And i went to the garage to get my gloves, and i came back and the amount of the leaves was cut in half!!! as if the wind had taken it away ,yet there were no stray leaves other than the ones in the pile. I sat there shocked and said Subhanallah Alhamdulillah. In the end i finished in like an hour and thirty minutes and that gave me an extra 30 minutes to get ready take a shower,pray, and get on time for the movie with my friends!
I guess the lesson I learned is to always be thankful to Allah, no matter what type of bad thing has happened to you, you should always look on the bright side and think of what Allah has given to you that some others don't.

I'm only fourteen and i still have a lot to learn regarding Islam but I thought that i should share this .
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
:wasalamex

SubhanAllah!! If you only knew the weight of these words! Law hawla wa la qoowata illaah billah!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
:w:

MashaAllah, that's really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Ansariyah
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
thanks for sharing bro, Alhamdulilah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
10-20-2009, 08:49 AM
:) Ma Shaa' Allah. Good for you, son.

- IqRa -
10-20-2009, 09:54 AM
SubhanAllaah...

Nájlá
10-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Oh subhnallah and your only 14 mashallah. Its nice to see practising brothers at a young age. Good you learned a lesson inshallah we too learn a lesson from what happened to you.

noorseeker
10-21-2009, 04:25 PM
NOT bein a spoil sport, but would Allah swt help you in order for you to see a movie.

I personally think Allah swt tested you to see , ok the leaves are clear, but you still sacrificed not going with your friends, hey your only 14 as you say lol

layla is here
10-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for sharing this story.

Misz_Muslimah
10-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Mashallah.. Jazaakalahu khayran for shaing :)

P3ac3mak3r
10-23-2009, 04:26 AM
bro that's a good message but i agree that you shouldn't have gone to the movies even after cuz it's something that angers Allah.

OurIslamic
10-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Very nice post!

جوري
06-23-2012, 01:09 AM
you could have fooled me because you seem like a wise old poet... I enjoyed this very much.. Jazaka Allah khyran..
I certainly hope you share more wisdom..

:w:

KnockKnock
06-23-2012, 01:50 AM
AlHamduillah! Awesome!

PurpleCup
09-24-2012, 10:30 PM
I think you are very tallented.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.