/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 16 year old American Muslim's website:

OurIslamic
10-23-2009, 07:16 PM
:sl:

I have always wanted to make my own website, so I have decided to. So far, I think it's quite good. The URL is: http://www.OurIslamic.com. There's a forum on the website as well, so please register! :)

Please visit and remember to click on the google ads, lol!

LINK EXCHANGE (Post your links!): http://ourislamic.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=55&func=showcat &catid=16

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
OurIslamic
10-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Wow, it's amazing how many more visits I've gotten :)

Mr.President
10-24-2009, 12:41 PM
cool bro jazzakallah kayr

OurIslamic
10-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Thank you, and you're welcome, lol. And welcome to the forums :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fטлку
10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
hmmmm...
Try posting more images in the photography section.. :\
You need to make the blog more interesting.... :uuh:
I can't see any Ads? :?
and I can't find the arcade :p

...Top poster: Humza 42 posts :giggling: :X

OurIslamic
10-24-2009, 12:51 PM
:p I'll get more pictures, it's just that I've been working on other things as well (there are some pictures in the Images section on the forum.

What can I do to make the blog more interesting?

The arcade is on the forum, I think I'll add a redirect link to the main website that links to the arcade.

And what brower are you using? Maybe you have an add on that hides ads from you.

Fטлку
10-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Google chrome.
Try posting more general topics in the Blog.
All I found was info about Hajj, how to pray :hmm: and people I have never heard of :X

OurIslamic
10-24-2009, 01:06 PM
k .

Beardo
10-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Definitely up to a good start, brother! Masha'Allah. May Allah Ta'ala make your website a means of success and reward for you! Ameen.

I love the site design, too, Masha'Allah. :D

Funny thing is, check out the website I started out with 2 or 3 years ago... lol.

alhuq.webs.com

We had a forum too.. http://s6.zetaboards.com/ImanRush/index/

That was before I moved to Road to Jannah forums of course. Those forums are now moved to the Jannah Network forums... Hmm.

Good memories. SubhanAllah.

Need any assistance, let me know.

cat eyes
10-24-2009, 05:48 PM
its nice bro p.s i joined the forum:statisfie

OurIslamic
10-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Thank you, both of you. I do have a question though, would any of you be interested in helping with the forum? I need moderators. There's no money involved, as I'm not gaining any money..so far, I've made $14 since the creation of the website, and that's basically because of "donations".

How can I get more posts on the forum?

Hayfa
10-25-2009, 01:08 AM
MashaAllah brother thats pretty kewl, May Allah reward you for the great work and effort you put into it Aameen :statisfie

OurIslamic
10-25-2009, 04:14 AM
:) .

Beardo
10-25-2009, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Thank you, both of you. I do have a question though, would any of you be interested in helping with the forum? I need moderators. There's no money involved, as I'm not gaining any money..so far, I've made $14 since the creation of the website, and that's basically because of "donations".

If money is your purpose, then your site will go nowhere.

OurIslamic
10-25-2009, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
If money is your purpose, then your site will go nowhere.
Money is not my purpose, it's actually on the contrary. I'm donating any profit I gain.

I can see how you got confused. I said that I haven't made any money, I was explaining that if someone wants to become a poster or moderator on my site, I will not be able to pay them. Please reread the post with this in mind, and inshallah you will understand what I meant to say.

Beardo
10-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Brother, from my limited experience, I'd highly suggest you wait before stepping into the money part. Be creative, think of something unique. Your forum has similar categories to other forums I have seen. Maybe think of something that nobody has ever thought of before. THAT will attract visitors.

OurIslamic
10-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Thank you, and I'll take your advice into consideration. I'm just trying to pay for a REAL domain and hosting. So far, I have enough money for a domain, and am working on hosting.

I know my forum is similar. I have some unique things, such as an Arcade on the forum. I haven't see an Islamic related forum with an arcade on it. Also, I'm adding to the site as I go. Currently, I have a normal blog on my website. I am going to make a video blogs with videos of me which will be, in one way or another, related to Islam.

Do you have any specific suggestions as to something you would consider "unique"? I could really use your help.

OurIslamic
10-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Well, I should go to sleep, it's quite late where I am. Hopefully, we can talk tomorrow.
:wa:

cat eyes
10-25-2009, 06:05 PM

you don't want to make me a moderator bro you will have no one joining your forum :giggling: or maybe they will join and leave soon after also i don't have the time eitherimsad

Beardo
10-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Don't know how long you've had your site, but I spent about 7 months before purchasing a site.

And if $14 is what you have earned, I do know a place where they sell web domain + 1 Yr hosting for $13 a year. All 37 of my sites are from there. :D

OurIslamic
10-25-2009, 11:04 PM
I made the site on October 9th. Do you really think I should wait?

Mujahideen92
10-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Very nice site

Jaza kalla khair. Off-topic: there should be a smiley with "jaza kalla khair" in arabic. imo.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-26-2009, 01:44 AM

It's a wonderful start and i love how it looks mashaAllah. Keep it up and soon it'll go very far inshaAllah.

:w:

OurIslamic
10-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Jazakallah.
If any of you want to join, you're more than welcome to :).

I've also added a chatroom for whoever wants to chat (it's on the top bar next to the arcade).

OurIslamic
10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Many new features have been added to the board :)

Salam !

Let me know if you'd be interested in a link exchange (or adding my forum to your blog).

The website: http://www.OurIslamic.WebNode.com
The forum: http://www.OurIslamic.FreeForums.org

The benefits of adding my forum to your blog:

1) Visitors have extra incentive.
2) You can post your blogs on the forum and link back to your blog (increasing traffic).
3) You can get a link on my forum, in the links section
4) It's already a little active so you don't need to go through the whole stage of gaining members (VERY annoying).
5) Muslim websites should be united.
6) You can have a custom account on the forum, with the color and rank name of your choice.
7) It's FUN!

Haha. Let me know if you're interested :)

Mr.President
10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Thank you, and you're welcome, lol. And welcome to the forums :D
I was a full member but what to do after that corruption I became limited I ate limited cuz I often make mistakes in my spelling and grammer but I cannot edit'em from limited ac !!!:exhausted

btw regarding forum do some videos like baba ali or any kind of islamic videos and put in youtube you will get visitors insha allah And If u know mod rewriting please do it cuz a url like this

justanexample.com/articles/my-first-article-11254/

will attract more visitors than the below URL

justanexample.com?articleid=11254

OurIslamic
10-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the advice :). You're welcome to join the forum if you would like. I'd actually appreciate if you would!

OurIslamic
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Several new forums have been added :D

Danah
11-03-2009, 12:55 PM
MashaAllah very good work. Its very good to start something small before going higher especially on websites.

I know webs.com you can have your domain name for 17$ yearly

Beardo
11-03-2009, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
MashaAllah very good work. Its very good to start something small before going higher especially on websites.

I know webs.com you can have your domain name for 17$ yearly
JannahStudios.com: Domain + Hosting - $20 yearly.

Danah
11-03-2009, 07:13 PM
^oh really? thats even better to have the site hosted in an Islamic host. I think I will be coming your way

but can I have a free host at JannahStudios.com at the beginning before got my own domain name?

something like mysite.jannahstudios.com at the beginning before having my own name only?

OurIslamic
11-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Jazakallah :).

I recently got hosting from LunarPages since I really liked their program.

I now have the main website located at http://www.OurIslamic.com and the forum will be on http://www.forums.ourislamic.com

They are both under construction at the moment.

Danah
11-04-2009, 05:24 PM
^ so you change the hosting from a free host to another paid host easily?

was it the same one as the webnode one you posted at the beginning?

Beardo
11-06-2009, 01:52 AM
^ I checked the program. From what I saw, it looked pretty expensive though.

I heard GoDaddy has horrible service. I'm looking for a place that gives redirect domains for less than $12. Unsuccessful so far in that.

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 02:16 AM
^ I checked the program. From what I saw, it looked pretty expensive though.

I heard GoDaddy has horrible service. I'm looking for a place that gives redirect domains for less than $12. Unsuccessful so far in that.
I'm sure I can help you, I'll find someone for you (I'm a moderator on two webmaster forums). And yes, GoDaddy's customer service isn't as good as it should be, and I've been told the user control panel is not userfriendly at all.

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ so you change the hosting from a free host to another paid host easily?

was it the same one as the webnode one you posted at the beginning?
I'm manually transferring all my content to the paid host. It's a different host now. I'm switchin from webnode (FREE) to lunarpages (PAID).

WebNode has a paid program as well, so if I stayed with webnode, transferring from free to paid would have been a piece of cake. However, webnode is overly expensive, especially since they're a small company in the Czech Republic.

OurIslamic
11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
If anyone can, please review my site. I've recently added a new forum. I also need help transferring content from my old site to the new one :/

Beardo
11-08-2009, 03:46 AM
If anyone can, please review my site. I've recently added a new forum. I also need help transferring content from my old site to the new one :/
Masha'Allah! Much better than the WebNodes and Freeforums. :D

Keep it up brother!

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Jazakallah! :D.

And I will :P

Just wondering, how did you create your blog and website? Would you be interested in a link exchange? Or combination of forums?

Beardo
11-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Jazakallah! :D.

And I will :P

Just wondering, how did you create your blog and website? Would you be interested in a link exchange? Or combination of forums?
lol. It's nice to see some eagerness.

I created my blog and website by working with others.

Since you ask, I'll go into detail...

I started alhuq.webs.com in August 2007. I worked with this other brother, who helped me run the site for a month or two. Gradually, the site grew... 20 members to 50 members... And I set up an advertising committee. I had 5-10 members advertise the website on a lot of forums, etc. Much like what you do here on IslamicBoard. I was 13 or 14 back then, so i asked my parents to buy me RoadtoJannah.org for $20. Then I wanted to buy a forum, specifically vBulletin. I needed $180 for the licensing. SubhanAllah... this one brother offered me his CREDIT INFORMATION. I politely refused, and simply asked him to purchase the license for me. Which he did.

That's when I grew... In 10 months, I had over 2000 members.

Anyway, SubhanAllah... Truly, it is only through Allah Ta'ala's mercy the Jannah Network has expanded so far and wide. Just need to manage it now. :omg: I'm trying to look for managers for some of the sites now too...

As for the combination of forums and link exchange... Isn't that already happening? You're posting your links all over the forum. :p

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Well, I'm trying to get as many links as possible so my site can get index with google asap. The more websites my links are on, the better. And, I did not know that you already had a vBulletin forum, I thought you didn't, so we could "share" a forum (When I was using webnode, I did that with Learn-Islam.tk).

Beardo
11-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Well, I'm trying to get as many links as possible so my site can get index with google asap. The more websites my links are on, the better. And, I did not know that you already had a vBulletin forum, I thought you didn't, so we could "share" a forum (When I was using webnode, I did that with Learn-Islam.tk).
I deleted that vBulletin Forum. Now it's serving as the Jannah Network Forums.

And then of course, there's this forum. :)

I have 2 licenses at the moment with vBulletin. Jannah Network & IslamicBoard. Alhamdulillah

For a start up sign, PhPBB is fine. You can transfer over to vBulletin once you've gained proper funding etc.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 05:32 AM
The site is currently down because of server side issues, I will notify once it is back up.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 05:36 AM
I deleted that vBulletin Forum. Now it's serving as the Jannah Network Forums.

And then of course, there's this forum. :)

I have 2 licenses at the moment with vBulletin. Jannah Network & IslamicBoard. Alhamdulillah

For a start up sign, PhPBB is fine. You can transfer over to vBulletin once you've gained proper funding etc.
I'm using Kunena at the moment, it's the best free forum script for integration with Joomla.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Jw, have you used Joomla before? Maybe you can help me with my problem?

Beardo
11-08-2009, 05:40 AM
I'm using Kunena at the moment, it's the best free forum script for integration with Joomla.
I use WordPress for my websites. Joomla is loads better though. Masha'Allah, good for you if you can use it. I'd suggest you also search for some free Joomla templates and themes to put on your site.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 05:42 AM
I'll try and find one that's good. I wish I knew someone who could help me create a custom template lol.

Beardo
11-08-2009, 06:01 AM
I'll try and find one that's good. I wish I knew someone who could help me create a custom template lol.
When I first started, this one brother designed a site for me using Joomla... I haven't talked to him in ages.

Now that I've developed a proper Network though Alhamdulillah, I prefer paid services. More probability for professional-ness and reliability.

If you need any poster designs etc, you can always go to JannahPosters.com.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Well, I make around $1 a day (on average), therefore, I can't afford to pay for paid services. I want to support my website on my own, instead of asking my parents for money. I have several people who would be willing to help me out since I'm a mod on 2 different webmaster forums. Lol, they were surprised when they heard when I am 16, not because of my webmaster experience, because frankly, I'm new to legit website creation, but because of how I speak and handle affairs going on.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
The site is currently down because of server side issues, I will notify once it is back up.
And...It's back up! :D

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salman.
If you wish to make this fellow brother a moderator you may do so. I will inform you when and what username I have registered as,inshallah tommorow.:)

Nicely layout website,mashallah.
Jazakallah :) just let me know when you make the account. The site was down for quite a while last night. :cry:

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes, it is up now :)

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Jazakallah. I will make you a moderator soon. Would it be possible for you to transfer some threads from http://www.ourislamic.freeforums.org (copy/paste). I will be doing so soon.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Jazakallah :)

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes, you can just copy and paste them. And, that was the previous forum I was running, and now I'm trying to transfer them to my new forum.

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Again, thank you for volunteering your time :)

Fishman
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I have signed up for your website. Prepare for it to be incorporated into the Fishman Khaganate! :shade:

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
lol, nice :)

OurIslamic
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM
New link exchange program (inspired by the IB link exchange):

http://www.ourislamic.com/index.php?...owcat&catid=16

Beardo
11-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Site looks good brother! Masha'Allah!

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 01:09 AM

It looks ok, I need to find a good template :(

Going off topic a bit, but..I never knew you owned this forum :P I thought that Admins with black colored names were "lower" admins than the red ones.

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Salam,

I will be offering a FREE website review service. Please leave the URL for your website here, and I will review it.

Criteria for my review (Info that I will give you regarding your website):

Code:
1) URL quality (logical or not):
2) How does the website look in different browsers:
3) Other websites linking and linked by your website:
4) Existing Reviews:
5) Distinct Purpose:
6) Is the purpose reinforced throughout the website?:
7) Unique Content:
8) Press Release: 
9) Search Engines & Search Engine Placement:
10) Errors:
11) Black Hat Techniques
12) Site Map:
13) Apparent Traffic:
14) Directories
15) Number of Backlinks
16) Public and Member Opinions:
17) Marketing
18) Template Used:
19) Look and Feel:
20) Additional Comments:

OurIslamic
11-16-2009, 02:04 PM
The website has been redesigned a little and the forum has become more advanced. :) Check it out!

If you would like to join the Our Islamic .COM network, please message me on THAT forum, or here. I have 49 other sites who are interested in joining the network.

meer5sd
11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
nice website..

kamran javed
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
cool bro jazzakallah kayr.

kamran javed
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by karim5sd
nice website..
u mean this i mean islamic fourm

Hayfa
11-18-2009, 01:56 AM

It looks ok, I need to find a good template :(

Going off topic a bit, but..I never knew you owned this forum :P I thought that Admins with black colored names were "lower" admins than the red ones.
what happend dude

you kept moving, i got lost

OurIslamic
11-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Sorry lol. We switched to SMF, which was http://www.forums.ourislamic.com from ourislamic.freeforums.org

We're on http://www.OurIslamic.com
The forum is in the site now :) I thought you were going on Hajj, lol.

OurIslamic
11-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Sister Hayfa, I'm just wondering, are you still interested in being a moderator on the site? Just register with the same user name and email you had on the previous forum and I will promote you :)

Hayfa
11-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry lol. We switched to SMF, which was http://www.forums.ourislamic.com from ourislamic.freeforums.org

We're on http://www.OurIslamic.com
The forum is in the site now :) I thought you were going on Hajj, lol.
Oh right, btw that wasnt me going on Hajj, one day InshaAllah tho thats my dream...

Sister Hayfa, I'm just wondering, are you still interested in being a moderator on the site? Just register with the same user name and email you had on the previous forum and I will promote you :)
suree matee

OurIslamic
11-28-2009, 08:57 PM

Mkuk786
11-29-2009, 01:25 AM
The Website is looking good bro......

OurIslamic
11-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Jazakallah brother. Let me know if you need any help with yours. I can help you make it so that people can simply click on the image in your signature and go to your website (instead of having a separate link). Also, if you want, we can merge forums and you can be a co-Admin.

Mkuk786
11-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Jazakallah brother. Let me know if you need any help with yours. I can help you make it so that people can simply click on the image in your signature and go to your website (instead of having a separate link). Also, if you want, we can merge forums and you can be a co-Admin.
JASAkALLAHU KHAIR Bro, InshAllah I will contact you in the later future.

EDIT:I Updated my signature. :D

OurIslamic
11-30-2009, 03:00 AM
Well, looks like you sorted the image link out, lol.

risala
12-02-2009, 01:05 PM
salaam wahalauikoum,

First thank for the free service. Do you wanna revieuw my website and forum

www.risala.nl
www.risala.nl/forum

And maybe you can give some tips to be a great website and forum also for the best SEO results.

May Allah grant you for your work. May Allah give you a place in de djennat al firdaous.

Wahalaikoum asalaam

Risala

OurIslamic
12-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Walaikum as-Salam,

Sure brother, I will review as best as I can, Inshallah.

:).

risala
12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Many thnx may Allah reward you for you work.

OurIslamic
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
1) URL quality (logical or not): The URL is logical, and is high quality (.NL isn't as good, but it's better than most of them, especially in your region)2) How does the website look in different browsers: Looks perfectly fine, I didn't see any flaws.
3) Other websites linking and linked by your website: A total of 179 back links of sites which seem to have authority.
4) Existing Reviews: (http://www.talkreviews.com/risala.nl)
5) Distinct Purpose: The purpose is distinct (a little hard for me to tell, since I don't speak dutch)
6) Is the purpose reinforced throughout the website?: Indeed it is.
7) Unique Content: Content seems unique, again, I can't really tell since I don't speak the language on the site.
8) Press Release: I haven't found any press releases.
9) Search Engines & Search Engine Placement: The site has good placement, but could use a little better SEO (so forum posts can easily be found).
10) Errors: The forum loaded VERY slowly, since there are a lot of graphics being used.

11) Black Hat Techniques: None.
12) Site Map: Yes (http://risala.nl/sitemap)
13) Apparent Traffic: Yes, very active, especially on the forum.14) Directories: In a few directories.
15) Number of Backlinks: 179
16) Public and Member Opinions: Many people seem to like the forum.
17) Marketing: Not much marketing has been done.
18) Template Used: Nice template, which blends well into the site. However, I did notice a big difference between the main site template, and forum template. Try to get similar ones for both.
19) Look and Feel: Nice, but a little cluttered.
20) Additional Comments: Keep up the good work! You're doing very well :).

OurIslamic
12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Tell me what you think of the review :).

risala
12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I like the revieuw thnx a lot. But I have a question. Can you help me to make a template for the forum and website :-)

and maybe you can give me some tips for the seo.

OurIslamic
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I can help you make a template, but I'm not very experienced at it. For SEO, I would simply recommend making a "special page" for each and every single item. Don't group things on the same page, separate them and enable "SEF URLs" (I noticed you're using Joomla).

risala
12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I For SEO, I would simply recommend making a "special page" for each and every single item. Don't group things on the same page, separate them and enable "SEF URLs" (I noticed you're using Joomla).
Wel thank you for your help. What do you mean with the above text?

OurIslamic
12-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Search engine friendly URLs. Take a look at my site (http://www.OurIslamic.com). If you go into the forum, or onto the blog, the URL is formatted so that a search engine "knows" what is the topic of the page.

risala
12-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Well I am using for the website and forum SEF urls....for the forum I use vbseo (do you have worked with that?)

OurIslamic
12-04-2009, 04:19 PM
I've never used VB personally, however, I have written a few reviews regarding it and VB 4 that's coming out. I also moderate on two different webmaster forums which use VB SEO (and obviously VB), however, I have never gotten access to the administrative panel. I really want to ATLEAST see the back end panel :(.

risala
12-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Ohh okay....what is your speciality

OurIslamic
12-04-2009, 04:33 PM
What do you mean by "speciality"?

Civilsed
12-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Salam,

I will be offering a FREE website review service. Please leave the URL for your website here, and I will review it.

Criteria for my review (Info that I will give you regarding your website):

Code:
1) URL quality (logical or not):
2) How does the website look in different browsers:
3) Other websites linking and linked by your website:
4) Existing Reviews:
5) Distinct Purpose:
6) Is the purpose reinforced throughout the website?:
7) Unique Content:
8) Press Release: 
9) Search Engines & Search Engine Placement:
10) Errors:
11) Black Hat Techniques
12) Site Map:
13) Apparent Traffic:
14) Directories
15) Number of Backlinks
16) Public and Member Opinions:
17) Marketing
18) Template Used:
19) Look and Feel:
20) Additional Comments:

Please let me know how i do :exhausted

http://theislamicummah.ning.com

and

http://twitter.com/Theislamicummah

Jazak Allah Khair

risala
12-04-2009, 04:57 PM
about websites. Can you make templates, or built websites with php code, etc etc

OurIslamic
12-05-2009, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Civilsed

Please let me know how i do :exhausted

http://theislamicummah.ning.com

and

http://twitter.com/Theislamicummah

Jazak Allah Khair
Salam,
I will help you as soon as I have time tomorrow, inshAllah, I had quite a busy day today. I've been helping out a fellow brother set up his new websites (mylifeisopinionated.com and mylifeisstrong.com).

OurIslamic
12-05-2009, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by risala
about websites. Can you make templates, or built websites with php code, etc etc
I cannot code them, however, I can use software (paid) to create templates OR find a nice looking free one for you online.

OurIslamic
12-12-2009, 05:09 AM
Our Islamic Images (FREE Image hosting!)

Just added a new service for all members! :D

Mkuk786
12-12-2009, 05:23 AM
*Nice! setup*
MashAllah Bro

OurIslamic
12-25-2009, 06:54 AM
Jazakallah brother :).

Btw, Our Islamic .COM is offering FREE forum hosting. Learn more here: http://ourislamic.com/blog/6-free-forum-hosting.html

Mkuk786
12-25-2009, 06:55 AM
I like my hosting providers.
Best of the best
10/5
BTW
What servers are you hosting on?

OurIslamic
12-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Currently, LunarPages.

OurIslamic
12-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Also, I don't like that really long subdomain... :(

Take your domain for example:
http://thisisislam.forumotions.com/

That's LONG.

Mkuk786
12-25-2009, 07:42 AM
I don't mind :D
If you have the starter plan I know a good free hosting that offers the same but for FREE
but my hosts are the best not only give server support 24/7 but also other help as well

Mkuk786
12-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Sorry for delaying this so long i finally got time i got this prototype type done
Rate.
Comment.
FeedBack

I will remove the watermark in the corner in the final product but in prototypes they will be there :D

OurIslamic
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM

It's not bad.

OurIslamic
12-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh, I forgot to let everyone know, I've set up a social networking site with http://OurIslamic.com

You can visit the social network: http://ourislamic.socialgo.com

Eventually, I will pay for premium (it's very expensive!) so that users can have the best experience possible.

Please let me know what you think. Also, would you join?

OurIslamic
01-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Salam again :).

I've set up a contest, here are the details.

Hello all! I've set up my website and recently decided to run a huge contest promoting my forum/website. (URL is at the bottom of the post).

The contest will be a posting contest. However, there will be strict rules that you must follow in order to win.

#####################

Rules:

- Invite/Refer a MINIMUM of 5 other people (all they have to do is register, they don't have to post more than once). You will create a thread in the "introductions" section as: 'YOURNAMEHERE' 's referring thread. The people who you refer will have to post on that thread confirming that they have been referred by you.
- Write informative posts/replies

The contest will run on a "point" system:

- Each post equals 1 point
- Each karma/reputation 'point' equals 1 point (I monitor ALL exchanges of karma, I will review them before I decide the winners. Whoever has given someone a negative karma will be disqualified. Contest participants can only give positive karma, or none at all)
- Each referral equals 10 points
- Each blog post (emailed to admin@ourislamic.com) is 100 points. The post must be related to Islam, the world, OR doing good deeds.
- Each blog comment is 1 point.
#####################

Please do not register on the forum with the same name that you have on the forum. I don't want anyone to know who the other contest participants are.

Prizes:

1st Place GRAND Prize: $600

2nd Place Runner-Up Prize: $250

3rd Place Prize: $150

All payments are sent to you through Paypal or Western Union (if those methods are a problem for you, please let me know.

URL of the forum: Our Islamic .COM
Forum Posts DO NOT have to be related to Islam, as I know some non-Muslims will be interested in participating in the contest. (Please just post in the appropriate category).

Please ask any other questions that you have. You must post here that you are participating and then send me a PM with the user name that you registered on the forum.

OurIslamic
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
By the way, if anyone refers someone else who wins (and they are NOT participating in the contest) I will send them 10% of what the person they referred won (not 10% out of that person's winnings, but a separate amount).

OurIslamic
01-06-2010, 07:46 PM
We only have two people participating in the contest (http://ourislamic.com/forums/24-anno...izes.html#1345).

That means that you could grab the third place prize if no one else registers!

Please register to be eligible to win!

REGISTER NOW!

Please help the contest, we're trying to attract people to the site, and are giving away quite a bit of money.

Mkuk786
01-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Oh, I forgot to let everyone know, I've set up a social networking site with http://OurIslamic.com

You can visit the social network: http://ourislamic.socialgo.com

Eventually, I will pay for premium (it's very expensive!) so that users can have the best experience possible.

Please let me know what you think. Also, would you join?
You simply setup jomsocial a joomla social engine links iis included below.
Jomsocial

JasakAllahu Khair

Mkuk786
01-13-2010, 11:59 PM

It's not bad.
Do you want it or you want me to make adjustments to it, i will be free on the weekends to make the final product (InshAllah)

*sorry for the double post it was not my intention to :(*

OurIslamic
01-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Nothing I can think of :)

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 10:39 PM
You look like a young prospering Entrepreneur mashallah!

son! how much you gon gimme if i was to do some jobs for you...a brother could do with a bit of doe youknawimsayin?

im kidding

OurIslamic
01-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Hardly an etrepreneur lol. BUt Jazakallah. Lol :P. We're actually looking for some moderators for the forum (volunteers) or paid blog writers so...if you're interested (even though you were joking) or know anyone, let me know lol :P

OurIslamic
01-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Maybe the thread title should be changed from 16 to 17, lol.

OurIslamic
01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
We have an awesome new header/logo!

Mkuk786
01-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Nice!
What font did you use?

OurIslamic
01-24-2010, 06:52 AM
I actually don't know, a professional designer was kind enough to make it for us :).

OurIslamic
03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
We're getting more and more members each day, lol. And...we have more backlinks than Islamic boad :D! Hehe Rashad!

Mkuk786
03-31-2010, 02:21 AM
MashAllah Akhee

OurIslamic
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Jazakallah bro :).

I'll remind you, once more, that you can always come to me for help (since you've helped me a lot!). Also, please let me know if you'd like to be part of the Halal Site Network, which is under development.

Mkuk786
03-31-2010, 05:00 PM
i am already part of the one ummah organization by : THISISISLAM :D
ALumdillah it has gotten a lot of success.

http://thisisislam.novahost.org/inde...d=24&Itemid=48

P.S maybe you would consider joining us.

OurIslamic
04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Sure brother, please add me :). Please use the tagline "Islamic Forum" and the URL http://ourislamic.com

OurIslamic
04-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Btw everyone, I've set up a new webmaster forum, for Muslims!

http://MuslimWebmasterForum.com

The blog, which is the sister site, will be set up soon as well:

http://MuslimWebmaster.com (Not set up yet!)

OurIslamic
04-09-2010, 03:31 PM
I've been having some troubles with the site, particularly with traffic. I've had the same members on the forum for a while and they're getting kind of bored.. :( Anyone else want to join?

OurIslamic
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Our Islamic Radio Station has been set up!

You can get to it by going to www.OurIslamic.com and clicking on the "Listen to Our Islamic Radio" link on the top right side :).

OurIslamic
04-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Here's the direct link:

http://s5.myradiostream.com/23804.htm

Mkuk786
04-25-2010, 05:23 PM
You willl have to add us on your end as well.

http://thisisislam.novahost.org/

S<Chowdhury
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM

Salaam Brother's and Sisters,

We are happy to announce if you haven't heard Ourislamic Internet Radio Station,"Connecting Ourislamic Community",we have a new Board dedicated to our station where you can request playlist etc. We are constantly updating our system and playlists so therefore please do bare with us as we try to provide a crystal clear streaming, with the latest playlists. We are non-profiting organization therefore you won't be hearing any Adverts just the best Nasheeds and Islamic content the web has to offer.

So for Nasheeds, For Talk, For News, Tune into Islamics Community's Biggest Conversation and Nasheeds, keep it locked at :

http://ourislamic.com/forums.html

S<Chowdhury
05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Contact Us @

Facebook: Facebook Group

Tweet Us

Mkuk786
05-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Nice use of AE.

S<Chowdhury
05-02-2010, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mkuk786
Nice use of AE.
AE? Sorry ain't familiar with that abbreviation Bro, but thanks anyway :)

Mkuk786
05-02-2010, 10:12 PM
After Effects that where all the animations came from right ?

aadil77
05-02-2010, 10:31 PM
I've been having some troubles with the site, particularly with traffic. I've had the same members on the forum for a while and they're getting kind of bored.. :( Anyone else want to join?
lol you poor bro, jus stick to LI, tell all your members to migrate over here and convert to Li'ism

S<Chowdhury
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
lol you poor bro, jus stick to LI, tell all your members to migrate over here and convert to Li'ism
HAHA NEVER YOU GOTTA MIGRATE OVER TO OURISLAMIC forget LI its OI Now

aadil77
05-03-2010, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
HAHA NEVER YOU GOTTA MIGRATE OVER TO OURISLAMIC forget LI its OI Now
I went on it just now and you're the only one online LOL ;D

S<Chowdhury
05-03-2010, 09:39 AM
After Effects that where all the animations came from right ?
I don't know what they were i used Youtube tutorials etc and kept adding layers = came out with something Semi-decent and modest

S<Chowdhury
05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I went on it just now and you're the only one online LOL ;D
Its early in the morning jeez give it time will ya, would you stop laughing at help a brother out and join the forum ;D. What are you laughing at anyway LI is pretty small compared to others- AIM, Almaghrib, yanabi....just give us time, i might be the only member on there but plus 6 guest hahahaha

S<Chowdhury
05-07-2010, 08:46 PM

Mkuk786
05-08-2010, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
I don't know what they were i used Youtube tutorials etc and kept adding layers = came out with something Semi-decent and modest
All the effects are made in AE
Layers?

S<Chowdhury
05-09-2010, 01:30 PM
All the effects are made in AE
Layers?

Mhmmm Layers

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.