/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Offer

nada87
10-25-2009, 01:07 PM
3 weeks Arabic intensive + accommodation =350 Euro
Very special Christmas discounted course .

Language Course:-
There are normally 16 or 20 language lessons every week. All teachers are fully qualified native speakers. Lessons take place in the morning Saturday to Thursday allowing time for social and cultural activities or the chance for some last minute Christmas shopping and tour in Cairo.
Level :-
The Christmas Arabic language courses are suitable for all levels. On the first day you will take a level test. We will make sure that the group you are placed in is suitable for you, whether you are a complete beginner or an advanced learner.
Cost :-
Only 350 Euro for 3 weeks 50 hours including a free air port shuttle and certificate .
Accommodation:-
One bed in a double room at our student apartment .Very good location in central Cairo .

For more information please contact : info@arabeya.org
www.arabeya.org

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Umm why Christmas?

Beardo
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Umm why Christmas?
lol... seriously... Why not an Eid ul Adha offer? :X

umm junaid
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Umm why Christmas?
thats kinda true.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Yea it's true lol.

Maybe you could attract some non Muslims, people who celebrate Christmas. But if you're asking a Muslim..it's a contradictive offer...

We don't wanna do Christmas shopping..:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
lol... seriously... Why not an Eid ul Adha offer? :X
Yea that would be more appropriate.

Woodrow
10-29-2009, 05:28 PM
This points out that not all Arabic speaking people are Muslim. Many Arabs in Egypt are Christian.

When checking out an Arabic language course you need to first see if it is teaching Colloquial Arabic or Qur'anic Arabic. The colloquial is good if you plan to use it for visiting the country, but if your desire is to learn the Qur'an it is best to find a Qur'anic Arabic Course.

Supreme
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
This points out that not all Arabic speaking people are Muslim. Many Arabs in Egypt are Christian.

When checking out an Arabic language course you need to first see if it is teaching Colloquial Arabic or Qur'anic Arabic. The colloquial is good if you plan to use it for visiting the country, but if your desire is to learn the Qur'an it is best to find a Qur'anic Arabic Course.
Indeed. Around 10-20% of Egyptians are Christian, 10% of Syrians are Christian, 6% of Palestinians are Christian and around 5% of Jordanians are Christian... Arab and Muslim is not synonymous.

Woodrow
11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I can not find anything wrong with the course. But, it is not Qur'anic and the course seems to be aimed more for non-Muslim tourists. The course does teach Egyptian and Standard Arabic, but conversational, colloquial and not the Arabic of the Qur'an.

It would be nice for a tourist to Egypt or for somebody interested in a starting place for learning Modern Arabic.

Do not expect to be able to understand the Qur'an on the basis of this course.

~Raindrop~
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM

Do not expect to be able to understand the Qur'an on the basis of this course.
True. Quranic Arabic is very different to this, although this course does help.

Woodrow
11-01-2009, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
True. Quranic Arabic is very different to this, although this course does help.
I agree it would help with learning to read the Qur'an. But I believe it would hinder with learning the proper pronunciation. I learned Moroccan Arabic many years ago and to this day I am ashamed at how I pronounce the beautiful words in the Qur'an. No matter how hard I try my pronunciation slips back to the modern colloquial

~Raindrop~
11-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree it would help with learning to read the Qur'an. But I believe it would hinder with learning the proper pronunciation. I learned Moroccan Arabic many years ago and to this day I am ashamed at how I pronounce the beautiful words in the Qur'an. No matter how hard I try my pronunciation slips back to the modern colloquial
I was thinking along the lines of transalation :)
I started off learning Quranic Arabic, but when I decided to do my A level, i found modern Arabic sooooo hard!! I stuck with what I was used to lol.
Maybe it was because of what I was used to? :?
Its quite different, as I found out.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-02-2009, 01:25 AM
There is nothing wrong with the course itself...it's just the "Christmas offer" bit that threw me off...otherwise it's totally ok.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.