/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! I can't reply to posts.

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
:sl:

I was replying to posts fine by clicking New Reply or Quote, but all of a sudden I can't reply to anything. A message comes up saying:

vBulletin Message
Insane Insaan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Can someone please help?

Jazaakallah khaiarn in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I think you need to have 50 posts to reply to certain threads

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Well, all I wanted to do was to welcome a newcomer in the same warm way that I had been welcomed :)

Well, it's let me reply to your post, so I'll try again on the "introduce yourself" thread and see if it will let me.

Jazaakallah khair for replying so quickly sis :)

Muslim Woman
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

..I can't reply to anything.
:(

which thread is that ? Is that thread removed already by any mod ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
10-26-2009, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misz_Muslimah
I think you need to have 50 posts to reply to certain threads
I think you are right sis. :(

Any ideas which ones we "newcomers" can't reply to?

It would be nice if there was a list. Because I've been trying for ages wasting time, thinking that I was doing something wrong.

Jazaakallah khairan once again.

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:wa:

which thread is that ? Is that thread removed already by any mod ?

The Introduce Yourself thread for newbies. I wanted to welcome someone in the same warm way that I had been welcomed.

Misz_Muslimah
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I think you're not allowed to reply to the Introduce Yourself threads..I remember the same thing happened to me when I was new :)

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misz_Muslimah
I think you're not allowed to reply to the Introduce Yourself threads..I remember the same thing happened to me when I was new :)
Oooh ok! Well at least I now know it's not me doing something wrong.

Jazaakallah khair sis :)

Woodrow
10-26-2009, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
The Introduce Yourself thread for newbies. I wanted to welcome someone in the same warm way that I had been welcomed.

In the Introduce yourself section a member can only reply to his/her own thread until they have 50 posts. Perhaps we need to start a sticky thread specifically for newcomers. I will discuss that with the other Admins and Mods

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

In the Introduce yourself section a member can only reply to his/her own thread until they have 50 posts. Perhaps we need to start a sticky thread specifically for newcomers. I will discuss that with the other Admins and Mods
That seems to be a really good idea. :) At the moment I feel so selfish not being able to welcome other people. :(

Jazaakallah khair.

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Bro Woodrow,

Please do see what you can do about this. Like right now Bro Thomas is asking questions pertinent to the situation in the UK that I could help to answer, but I can't because it's on the Introduce Yourself forum :(

Jazaakallah khair

Assalaamu alaikum

muslimah_81
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Im also new on this site and wanted to post a comment in regards to Thomas comment about the politician who was called a nazi.
I wanted to know if he was reffering to Nick griffin the leader of the BNP party on Question Time?
Because Nick Griffin claims to be christian and he and his "political party" preach hatred towards Africans, jews and muslims.
Nick Griffin also has meetings with members of the Klu Klux Klan.
Does christianity teach this kind of hatred? If thomas' answer is NO then he needs to realise that it is not only in islam where people manipulate and twist the teachings to meet there objectives, but also in other religions just like Nick Griffin does.
And I am sure a lot of non muslims in the UK will agree with my opinion on Nick Griffin.
There were demonstrations against him appearing on the show and it was not only muslims who participated in this demonstration.

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_81
I wanted to know if he was reffering to Nick griffin the leader of the BNP party on Question Time?

I wanted to know that too, because he never clarified exactly who he was talking about. If it's a recent event perhaps it is Nick Griffin.

Welcome to the forum sis :)

muslimah_81
10-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks. Welcome to you too.
Hopefully someone or maybe even Thomas will see our replies and answer our question for us.

Insaanah
10-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks bro Woodrow!

Jazaakallahu khairan katheeran fiddunyaa wal aakhirah.

Fטлку
10-27-2009, 07:54 AM

Limited members are not able to:

• view profiles of other members
  • set the invisibility mode
  • use custom title
  • use signatures
  • view profile pictures
  • view private custom fields
  • upload profile pictures
  • send any private messages
  • use the reputation system
  • reply in the Introduce yourself forum except in their own Introduction topic.

Check the FAQ :statisfie

Insaanah
10-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks sis :)

I obviously missed this in the FAQs!

Fטлку
10-28-2009, 07:31 AM
^ you're welcome.. :statisfie
you have to search the FAQ :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.