/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Books written by Harun Yahiya

Mujahideen92
10-26-2009, 09:50 PM
:sl:

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but i was wondering about what you guys thought about Harun Yahiya and his books.

Personally i think he's kind of a nut

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM
He is a good Turkish author writing on Islam with and science. He wrote more than 200 books on topics from Quran and science. The best thing in them is those are easily understandable for those who believe in science or experiment & observation theory.

harunyahya.com may please be visit to find out his work. His book may be downloaded in PDF format from this website.

Insaanah
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM

See the following thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamicb...mmahradio.html

On that thread, watch the youtube link posted by muslimah_81.

Also, here are a few quotes from The Evolution Deceipt which I downloaded from his website:

"God... The substance of these beings which He created is but nothingness... He created all at the sphere of senses and illusions... The existence of the universe is at the sphere of senses and illusions, and it is not material... In real, there is nothing in the outside except the Glorious Being, (Who is God)."

"Once it's understood that God created the entire universe from nothingness, the questions of "When?," and "Where?" become meaningless, because there will be no time or place left. When spacelessness is comprehended, it can be understood that Hell, Paradise and Earth are all actually in the same location. If timelessness is understood, it will be understood that everything takes place at one single moment: Nothing need be awaited, and time does not go by, because everything has already happened and finished."

"With this secret, another very important reality mentioned in the Qur'an is unveiled: the fact that "God is nearer to man than his jugular vein." (Surah Qaf: 16) As everybody knows, the jugular vein is inside the body. What could be nearer to a person than his inside? This situation can be easily explained by the fact that we cannot get out of our minds. This verse can also be much better comprehended by understanding this secret."

I have to say that I don't own any of his books and have not read them, but a question was raised in the other thread as to his aqeedah, and that's why I downloaded the books to verify if what was being said was true, as he is quite famous Islamically. Perhaps his books do have some good things in them, but the above quotes will make me careful of what I am reading should I choose to read any of his books in future.

Sameera
11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Mujahideen,

Asslamulaikum,

Do you know what backbiting and slandering is in Islam?

Harun Yahya is a pious Muslim and he should be honoured in the same way as any other Muslim.

Calling him a 'nut', i.e 'mad' without evidence, is slandering him. On the Day of Judgement, when Allah swt will judge us all if he was not a crazy 'nut' then you may incur that sin of calling him this and slandering him in this world.

Say to My servants that they should only say those things that are best, for Satan does sow dissensions among them, for Satan is to man an avowed enemy. (17:53)

Behold, you received it on your tongues, and said out of your mouths things which you had no knowledge; and you thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of God (24: 15)

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear God, verily, God is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (49: 12)

WS

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvenueToPeace
11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
why is that?

Sameera
11-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Salams Rafeeq,

I totally agree with you, we find his books are excellent masha Allah.

http://www.harunyahya.com/index.php

http://www.harunyahya.com/paradise02.php

Rabi Mansur
11-18-2009, 04:17 AM

Have you seen this link about him?

http://www.mukto-mona.com/debunk/harun_yahya/index.htm

Just wondering what you think.

:wa:

Sameera
11-18-2009, 12:57 PM
^ This is what is called slander and backbiting. (Have you read the above post with the Quran verses & what I posted in another similar thread?)

Rabi'ya
11-18-2009, 01:07 PM

When I was a non-Muslim his videos would not have convinced me in the existence of God.

Alhamdulillah they are good videos from a Muslims perspective but personally I do not think they are good to give to non-Muslims. just my humble opinion.

Sameera
11-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Salams,

Harun Yahya's books are outstanding masha Allah, they are even great for children learning about Islam and Science and those of us adults who have either studied Science or have a genral interest - a wealth of information.

If only more Muslims like him would put in such effort that he has for the sake of Allah.

May Allah swt bless him and other believers, ameen

Iris
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I find his perspective on things quite interesting. Nothing wrong with reading it for fun, you don't have to put your 100% belief into it, read it for interest, that's what I do...to enjoy his metaphysical take on physics and other sciences. I guess I enjoy knowing how different people think. No wonder I'm studying to be a psychiatrist(inshaAllah) :D

Humbler_359
11-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I have ALOT of Harun Yahya books, he is truly pious Muslim. He is following the Quran and use it to make our generations understanding the true meaning of Islam. He has done marvelous jobs, not easy to do.

No question.

cat eyes
11-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I Read his books before i reverted and i could not get enough hes brilliant mashaAllah may Allah reward him

cat eyes
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sameera
Mujahideen,

Asslamulaikum,

Do you know what backbiting and slandering is in Islam?

Harun Yahya is a pious Muslim and he should be honoured in the same way as any other Muslim.

Calling him a 'nut', i.e 'mad' without evidence, is slandering him. On the Day of Judgement, when Allah swt will judge us all if he was not a crazy 'nut' then you may incur that sin of calling him this and slandering him in this world.

Say to My servants that they should only say those things that are best, for Satan does sow dissensions among them, for Satan is to man an avowed enemy. (17:53)

Behold, you received it on your tongues, and said out of your mouths things which you had no knowledge; and you thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of God (24: 15)

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear God, verily, God is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (49: 12)

WS
:sl: i agree with you and i was just going to say thats no way for a brother in islam to talk this is what disgusts me deeply. just keep your disgusting comments to yourself and fear Allah

Muslim Woman
11-20-2009, 03:55 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92

...i was wondering about what you guys thought about Harun Yahiya and his books.

I read his 4/5 books and watched 2/3 videos -- found those useful .

I read his following books : Islam Denounces Terrorism , Solutions values of Quran , Miracles of Prophet Muhammed pbuh etc.

syilla
11-20-2009, 04:53 AM
i find him so generous because he can give free to download his book. and his book is very illustrative. and i have the book of perished nations. i don't think you can find a book something like it. It is so eye opening...

Sampharo
11-21-2009, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur

Have you seen this link about him?

http://www.mukto-mona.com/debunk/harun_yahya/index.htm

Just wondering what you think.

What, you never saw a frantic desperate organization spread lies about someone or try to assassinate their character? Yes he was "accused" by private groups that he was running a crime syndicate and blackmailing and all that, but not only was he cleared of all charges, but his accusers were found not only to have been framing him and ouright fabricating their claims, but found organized links between them that led to their conviction. Half of them are sitting in jail now, and the only thing banned in Turkey is a darwinist website that Harun Yahya exposed and debunked, not his organization.

Don't believe all the junk you read. For reference you can sense the nonsense and desperation in the website anyway.

Eliphaz
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I've read bits of one of his books Perished Nations, which attempts to link the perished nations (thus the title) mentioned in the Qur'an; the people of 'Ad, Thamud, etc, to their actual geographical locations, whilst also trying to analyse the fates which befell them through geological evidence at these locations. It is a worthy book to flip through, nice pictures, regardless of whether he got it right or wrong.

I have heard many things from 'this is great' to 'this is a travesty' about his scientific endeavours, which is why I downloaded his most famous book Evolution Deceit a few days ago. I have not got around to reading it. But considering I believe evolution to be the truth I am very interested to see what he has to say.

To all people who accept Yahya's science as fact, I would ask them, as I ask myself, to check any scientific evidence he brings up, and in particular read books supporting evolution, otherwise you are only seeing one side of the argument.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.