/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teacher or Lawyer?

GuestFellow
10-27-2009, 12:31 AM
:sl:

I'm currently studying a law course. I can continue to do my exams and become a Lawyer or become a teacher though I have to do an extra course in teaching law. I know the responsibilities as a lawyer however I'm not sure what are the responsibilities of a teacher. I'm teaching some students in my own time A Level Law and help them out, and it was them to who asked if I should consider teaching.

I'm not very fond of the idea of teaching children. Has anyone on the forum taught mature students?

I also considered to become a lawyer and once I get enough experience, move on to teaching.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
10-27-2009, 12:35 AM
what do you mean by mature??
I teach 11-15 year olds and iv had experience with older students than that.

GuestFellow
10-27-2009, 12:36 AM
^ Above the age of 18.

~Raindrop~
10-27-2009, 12:37 AM
okaaayyyy....iv had SOME experience.

id prefer them to my current students anyday lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
10-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Well what is it like to teach in a formal environment? Like marking work and stuff like that...

syilla
10-27-2009, 12:48 AM
you mean becoming a lecturer?

GuestFellow
10-27-2009, 12:50 AM
^ Not sure.. =/

Maybe.

syilla
10-27-2009, 01:01 AM
salams...

probably you can learn to teach from now...start giving free tution classes and see if you like it :)

GuestFellow
10-27-2009, 01:07 AM
:wa:

I'm not entirely sure how to do that. It was students who came to me who asked for help. :skeleton:

syilla
10-27-2009, 05:14 AM
^^^ just call a group and teach them.... thats call tutoring too :)

Snowflake
10-27-2009, 10:13 AM
:sl: Sorry for my question. We have a saying that 'Lawyers turn lies into truth and truth into lies'. I wanted to know if that applies to all branches of law or just criminal law?

GuestFellow
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: Sorry for my question. We have a saying that 'Lawyers turn lies into truth and truth into lies'. I wanted to know if that applies to all branches of law or just criminal law?
:sl:

Nope. Barristers, Solicitors and Legal Executives have to tell the truth and cannot present false information.

Solicitors are officers of the court (Solicitor Act 1974) and consequently have duties not only to do their best for their client but also to never deceive or mislead the court under Guide to the Professional Conduct of Solicitors, principle 21.01. The Counsel (Barristers) are under similar obligations and are under strict guidance of the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales, para 302; Barristers must assist the court in the administration and must not deceive or knowingly or recklessly mislead the courts.

Not too familiar with the practice of Criminal law, just key concepts. For Civil Litigation, lawyers have to follow the Civil Procedure Rules 1998.

~Raindrop~
10-27-2009, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Well what is it like to teach in a formal environment? Like marking work and stuff like that...
sorry had to go last night.
the marking etc is okay once you get used to it, as long as you dont let it pile up.
As long as you can control the class (shouldnt be a prob with mature students) and can keep their attention youre fine. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.