/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Birth Practices in Islam

stahlblu
10-27-2009, 10:53 PM
:sl:

I am doing research as my husband is Egyptian and I am American. We are going to be InshAllah trying for pregnancy soon when we arrive in Saudi and I however will not be having the child in Saudi unless it comes very soon InshAllah. I am doing research in case my husband isnt there for the birth.

Can anyone share Hadiths about Prophet (pbuh) regarding birth and Adhan upon birth or Al Fatiha and so on.

And hadith or Scholar information regarding what I can do if my husband cannot make it back to the United States to be there when the baby is born.

Mash Allah all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Assalamuallaikum, sister stahblu.

Actually, all hadiths regarding to saying azan on right ear and iqomah on left ear of the baby are weak. Even some scholars say those hadiths are false.
However, currently I don't hear any scholar say saying azan and iqomah on baby ears is forbidden.

No problem if your husband cannot saying azan and iqomah on your baby ears. Also no problem if someone saying azan and iqomah on your baby ears.

This is not sunnah, but also not haram. You can do it or you can leave it.

newBro
11-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Assalamualaikum,
Saying azan in the right ear IS sunnah according to the link below. About saying the iqamah in the left ear, there are different opinions.

You can refer here to learn about what to do when the child is born: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/7889/baby%20adhaan

Wassalam

buddy1
11-18-2009, 11:35 PM
wow, i have never heard of this before, my son was circumcised and his grandfather shaved his head while i was shopping! but nothing else. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kam
11-21-2009, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
wow, i have never heard of this before, my son was circumcised and his grandfather shaved his head while i was shopping! but nothing else. :D
He shaved his head while you were shopping, that is too funny. Glad you can smile about it lol

cat eyes
11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by stahlblu

I am doing research as my husband is Egyptian and I am American. We are going to be InshAllah trying for pregnancy soon when we arrive in Saudi and I however will not be having the child in Saudi unless it comes very soon InshAllah. I am doing research in case my husband isnt there for the birth.

Can anyone share Hadiths about Prophet (pbuh) regarding birth and Adhan upon birth or Al Fatiha and so on.

And hadith or Scholar information regarding what I can do if my husband cannot make it back to the United States to be there when the baby is born.

Mash Allah all!
:sl: all you have to do is get the haqiqa done after the seven days your husband dose not have to be there if he can't be. why do you feel your husband has do be there?:)or am i completely misunderstanding your post anyway theres not anything you should be stressing or worrying about, theres plenty of time for that when the child is born. :wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.