View Full Version : Arabic help Insha'Allah

Re.TiReD
10-31-2009, 08:23 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

What are the english meanings of:

Jamalah Fa'ila

Jamalah Takseer

Shubh Jumlah, Harf Jarr?

I'm finding arabic difficult this semester because last year our teacher spoke with us in English and asked us Q's in english too but the teacher we have now speaks arabic throughout and we havnt been taught to know that dhamaair are pronouns and Jamalah Ismiyyah are nominal sentences etc so I just end up feeling dumb even though I know the stuff but just not what you call em in Arabic :hiding:

JazakAllah khayr

Wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BintAbee
11-01-2009, 04:44 AM
:sl:

I think Jamlah Fi'lah would mean verbal sentence, Jamlah Takseer: broken sentence :? and Harf Jarr is preposition (or all particles that give the next word a kasra). I dunno what's Shubh Jamlah :><:

Anyway :bump: so someone can help :D

:w:

Caller الداعي
11-01-2009, 07:30 AM
:sl:

i think u mean jam'u takseer also knwn as jam'u mukassar like كريم whose plural is كرماء i.e the singular form of the letters doesnt remain in the plural

harf jar makes the following word after it into a state of almajroor either via a kasra or yaa

jumla fi'liya is a sentence that starts with a verb like جاء زيد

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.