/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rifqa Bary's inconsistencies

MuslimAgorist
11-03-2009, 08:59 AM
From the onset the story has been a microcosm of the larger clash of civilizations that some people perceive between Christianity and Islam.Two distinct narratives appeared which were equally implausible. One, that all Muslims are bloodthirsty savages who kill their children at the slightest provocation. Two, that a 17 year old girl from a devout Muslim family was brainwashed over Facebook by a Christian pastor in less than a month. Both ludicrous.

I, however, have a different take.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement recently released the audio and transcript of an interview they did with Ms. Bary on August 24, 2009, just 14 days after her debut on YouTube. I strongly recommend the audio, because the text is somewhat incomplete, and a person's voice is always more nuanced than text. What I'd like to do is compare this information with the previous statements we have from Ms. Bary.

Read more

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimAgorist
11-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Salamualaikum,

I got nominated by for a Brass Crescent Award for my Rifqa Bary series. It's voter driven and I'd really appreciate if you guys would vote for me in the "Best Post or Series" category if you enjoyed the articles.

VOTE HERE
http://brasscrescent.org

Muhseen
11-18-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't bother myself that much about the whole saga for I know it's simply a western propaganda to dent Islam.

MuslimAgorist
11-19-2009, 02:36 AM
That is why I chose to write about it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.