/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Downloading YouTube Video

Danah
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I used to use http://keepvid.com/ to download videos from youtube as MP4 or flv video, then for some reasons I started to got some errors which made me used a link come as a bookmark under your menus bar in firefox browser called "Get YouTube video" to get them as MP4 videos

Are you aware of any other reliable tools?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
real player is the best!

~Raindrop~
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
^^ I second that. We've been using it for ages with no probs :)

Danah
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I used to have real player but the quality is not that good with flv video. Adding to that I need MP4 videos because I saved them on my ipod touch which doesn't recognize flv videos

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
sister use realplayer to download vids then watch it on vlc player

convert flv vids to mp4 its easy!!

Danah
11-03-2009, 05:16 PM
^ some converters convert videos well, but when I transfer it to the ipod they seemed to have some errors during converting.

I like to get things short

Cabdullahi
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
ahh i know whats wrong the format should be MPEG-4, H.264

try this one and tell me the outcome

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

Danah
11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
yeah MPEG-4...which I just call MP4 for short:X
have you ever used that app? does it convert all the video becuz some just convert 50% of it

I am downloading it now, will let you know how things done, thanks in advance

Danah
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
ahh i know whats wrong the format should be MPEG-4, H.264

try this one and tell me the outcome

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/
^ It worked, It took a long time to convert a flv lecture of 1 hr and 20 min but it worth it.

I wished I had a direct tool that download from youtube in MPEG-4 format, but khair inshaAllah, this is better than nothing. JazakAllah Khair for help

syilla
11-04-2009, 04:54 AM
salams...

can the above link be use to download youtube and use it for mobile. i have download a few youtube videos using real player then i open it using tcpmp but the thing is nowadays most of the videos are not working. anyone

Alphadude
11-04-2009, 05:13 AM
very soon im gona release a tool were u will be able to download youtube videos in 3 formats flv . mp4 . 3gp check out my website share-islam link is in my sig and look for tools category i will ad it 2morrow

Danah
11-04-2009, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
salams...

can the above link be use to download youtube and use it for mobile. i have download a few youtube videos using real player then i open it using tcpmp but the thing is nowadays most of the videos are not working. anyone
Yeah there is an option for that. You can also try to use keepvid.com where you can paste the youtube link there to download. or try those other options brother zAk mentioned

format_quote Originally Posted by khalid84
very soon im gona release a tool were u will be able to download youtube videos in 3 formats flv . mp4 . 3gp check out my website share-islam link is in my sig and look for tools category i will ad it 2morrow
I will have a look on it inshaAllah, was it you who develop it?

format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Keepvid works fine for me :ermm: Did you try savevid.com?
Download عمره 3 سنين يحفظ القران Amazing 3 year old boy memorized the whole Holy Quran on Savevid.com

Or: http://vixy.net/rawvideo/result

Google "Download youtube videos mp4" and you'll get dozens of options :ermm:
savevid is blocked in my area :ermm:
The second showed me an error page

anyway, jazakum Allah khair everyone.

Alphadude
11-04-2009, 11:14 PM
just finished working on the script to download youtube videos and its nearly ready the design still needs lots of work and fixing some bugs you will be able to download youtube videos in 3 formats flv-mp4-3gp:D

http://keepvideos.co.cc/

RaihanBD
11-05-2009, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
I used to use http://keepvid.com/ to download videos from youtube as MP4 or flv video, then for some reasons I started to got some errors which made me used a link come as a bookmark under your menus bar in firefox browser called "Get YouTube video" to get them as MP4 videos

Are you aware of any other reliable tools?
If you want download youtube videos easily, I suggest Internet Download Manager. It installs a plugin in your browser which enables you to download videos in a single click.

To convert any format to any format, I suggest SUPER - It's free and it works like a charm.

Hope this helps!

Danah
11-05-2009, 07:22 PM
just finished working on the script to download youtube videos and its nearly ready the design still needs lots of work and fixing some bugs you will be able to download youtube videos in 3 formats flv-mp4-3gp:D

It looks good, but its still not working. All the best brother in improving that tool. I will be waiting it impatiently.

format_quote Originally Posted by RaihanBD
If you want download youtube videos easily, I suggest Internet Download Manager. It installs a plugin in your browser which enables you to download videos in a single click.

To convert any format to any format, I suggest SUPER - It's free and it works like a charm.

Hope this helps!
I have used IDM (Internet Download Manager) for more than one year but the problem is that there is no reliable free version you can use, all of them are either trials for 30 days, or full version but you gotta use the patch which bring you many viruses

Alphadude
11-05-2009, 08:57 PM
It looks good, but its still not working. All the best brother in improving that tool. I will be waiting it impatiently.

I have used IDM (Internet Download Manager) for more than one year but the problem is that there is no reliable free version you can use, all of them are either trials for 30 days, or full version but you gotta use the patch which bring you many viruses
its working for me and others i can download in all 3 versions

Danah
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
^ seriously?

it doesn't for me!! it shows the downloading window but not downloading the video itself

Alphadude
11-05-2009, 11:20 PM
^ seriously?

it doesn't for me!! it shows the downloading window but not downloading the video itself
hmmmmm ^o) here is a simple way on how to download it and its working here is the proof and tutorial check the screenshot bellow

u see its working

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Isn't it against the youtube TOS to download videos? That's why they removed the option in the first place.

Alphadude
11-06-2009, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Isn't it against the youtube TOS to download videos? That's why they removed the option in the first place.
yes it is but why u said that and thats why people making way available for people to download videos

Danah
11-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Bro khalid, that was the exact way I did to download the videos but as I told you before it did said that it will download a video but at the end I got a video file of 1 byte in my machine !!!

The to itself is very easy to use.

Alphadude
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Bro khalid, that was the exact way I did to download the videos but as I told you before it did said that it will download a video but at the end I got a video file of 1 byte in my machine !!!

The to itself is very easy to use.
ok sorry for that fixed the problem youtube keep changing there code lol know works fine and should be fine for long time and new design been added please support us by telling your friends and sharing the url:D

Danah
11-06-2009, 07:29 PM
^ Its downloading now.......good work MashaAllah!!!

I shall bookmark your tool now :) I will promote your tool inshaAllah

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
yes it is but why u said that and thats why people making way available for people to download videos
But it's illegal, and stealing, which is Haram. In my opinion, this shouldn't be supported on this website.:hmm:

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 08:09 PM
^ Its downloading now.......good work MashaAllah!!!

I shall bookmark your tool now :) I will promote your tool inshaAllah
You shouldn't mix the Lord's name with an illegal activity.

Alphadude
11-06-2009, 08:13 PM
But it's illegal, and stealing, which is Haram. In my opinion, this shouldn't be supported on this website.:hmm:
look brother it is indeed against youtubes tos but the islamic videos are not and im sure the sister is not downloading music so how come it is haram?

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 08:19 PM
look brother it is indeed against youtubes tos but the islamic videos are not and im sure the sister is not downloading music so how come it is haram?
Excerpt from Google's Terms of Use:

Code:
4. General Use of the Website -- Permissions and Restrictions

YouTube hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:

A. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website, including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without YouTube's prior written authorization.

B. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website, including but not limited to YouTube's Embeddable Player or any of its related technologies.

C. You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or YouTube Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate. 

5. Your Use of Content on the Site

In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the YouTube Website.

A. The content on the YouTube Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to YouTube, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. YouTube reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.

B. You may access User Submissions solely:

* for your information and personal use;
* as intended through the normal functionality of the YouTube Service; and
* for Streaming. 

"Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from the YouTube Service to a user's device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the user. Accessing User Videos for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming is expressly prohibited. User Videos are made available "as is."

It doesn't matter whether or not it's music or a normal video. Google does not allow users to download videos. It is haram since it it not allowed by the publisher. Now, if you personally asked whoever put the video on youtube for the file that they used to upload it onto youtube, that would be fine.

Alphadude
11-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Excerpt from Google's Terms of Use:

Code:
4. General Use of the Website -- Permissions and Restrictions

YouTube hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:

A. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website, including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without YouTube's prior written authorization.

B. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website, including but not limited to YouTube's Embeddable Player or any of its related technologies.

C. You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or YouTube Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate. 

5. Your Use of Content on the Site

In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the YouTube Website.

A. The content on the YouTube Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to YouTube, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. YouTube reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.

B. You may access User Submissions solely:

* for your information and personal use;
* as intended through the normal functionality of the YouTube Service; and
* for Streaming. 

"Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of an audiovisual work via the Internet from the YouTube Service to a user's device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be copied, stored, permanently downloaded, or redistributed by the user. Accessing User Videos for any purpose or in any manner other than Streaming is expressly prohibited. User Videos are made available "as is."

It doesn't matter whether or not it's music or a normal video. Google does not allow users to download videos. It is haram since it it not allowed by the publisher. Now, if you personally asked whoever put the video on youtube for the file that they used to upload it onto youtube, that would be fine.
could you please stop this i will ask the elders here of what they say about this please dont mention this again until some elders here talks about it and btw isnt twitter haram as ur using it ?

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 08:25 PM
You sound as if I'm harassing you, I'm only stating the facts, and yes, I'll stop.

aamirsaab
11-06-2009, 08:31 PM
:sl:
Thread locked. Because.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.