/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mosque Etiquette

Nur-ud-Dean
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I want to compile some advice for new Muslims on masjid etiquette. There are lots of rules and practices that we take for granted that a first-timer will not know, and being informed of them will make them much more comfortable when they first start attending. I'm thinking of things like not walking in front of those who are praying, or talking during a khutba, not wearing shoes, keeping the Qur'an off the ground, etc etc.

If you can support your 'rule' with an explanation of some sort of reason/evidence that would be even better, as there are many things that I don't know the reason for!

If there's something you aren't sure about, ask here and we'll try to cover that too.

All help and advice gratefully received, may Allah reward you.

Nur-ud-Dean

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
JazakAllah khair brother for the reminder

I listened to a lecture for Sheikh Khalid Yasin few days ago talking about the manners that Muslims should hold when they are in mosque. He tackled a very important issue regard the need to keep the mosque always clean and tidy.

I think people should be more careful about that thing as well

Nur-ud-Dean
11-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Is that lecture available online, sis?

Danah
11-04-2009, 12:06 PM
^ I downloaded it long time ago but I will upload it here inshaAllah because I forgot from where I got it. There was a portion of it talking about mosque Etiquette while the main topic of it was the eternal enemy in the Ummah.

give me sometime upload it inshaAllah

EDIT: okay good, I found the link:

http://www.kalamullah.com/Khalid%20Y...y%20within.mp3

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nur-ud-Dean
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the file, Danah, it was interesting to listen to. I have never heard him speak before - he is a skilled orator.

I have finally written this guide on masjid etiquette - please visit www.NewMuslimDhikr.co.uk to read. If I have made any mistakes, or missed out something important, please let me know and I will amend it.

tresbien
12-16-2009, 09:24 PM
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON Rulings on Mosques
http://www.islamqa.com/en/cat/275

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.