/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where can I say Shahada?

Elizabeth
11-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Can I say it in the privacy of my own home with a witness? Must the witness be Muslim?

Do you have to say it in a mosque?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umm junaid
11-04-2009, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by elizabeth
can i say it in the privacy of my own home with a witness? Must the witness be muslim?
i dont know about that, but i would say it's best to do it in a near by mosque as the imam is there and also witnesses.
But mashallah sister, and may allah guide you.

Woodrow
11-04-2009, 06:05 PM
If you where to say the Shahadah with sincerity, from where you are and with no witness except Allaah(swt) you would be as much of a Muslim as any other Muslim in the world.

No need to wait for a witness or until you get to a Mosque. Of course you will want to let the Imaam at the nearest Mosque know you said the Shahadah as soon as possible. He will then most likely ask you if you would like to repeat it in the Mosque. Do not worry about your pronunciation the Imaam will help you as much as needed.

yasin ibn Ahmad
11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
You dont need any witnesses.Just say it and believe what you say.It is between you and Allah.Thats all you need.
and Congratulations.Mashallah.May Allah bless you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tresbien
11-04-2009, 06:14 PM
U do not need to go to mosque or witnesses.u can do it now
say al-shahaadatain first, then purify uself for Salat and u can perform ghusl (complete bath) because the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ordered some of his companions to perform it when they accepted Islam.Pls pray for me.Allah is pleased with u and u u supplication are answered.
he Shahada can be declared as follows:

"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH".

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is no deity (none truely to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah",

However, it would not be sufficient for anyone to only utter this testimony oraly either in private or in public; but rather, he should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction and unshakeable faith. If one is truly sincere and complies with the teachings of Islam in all his life, he will find himself a new born person.
do not delay becoming a muslim for this or any such reason. After you become a muslim, then you are held responsible for learning when and how to do salah and wudu, acting upon the pillars of Islam and faith, and for implementing what you learn, when you learn it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztrkh...eature=related

Danah
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
An early Congratulation and welcome to Islam from me

May Allah guide you always to the right path sis.

cat eyes
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
agree with brother woodrow wow sis MashaAllah welcome to islam:awesome:

Asiyah3
11-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Masha'lLah Praise be to Allah for guiding you.

May Allah keep you on the right path and and reward you :)

tresbien
11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
how to give shahada from u home
HOW TO UTTER IT EVEN ALONE FROM U HOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztrkh...eature=related

Cabdullahi
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
May Allah guide you onto the righteous path Madame Queen Elizabeth

muslimah_81
11-04-2009, 08:08 PM
:sl:

Welcome to Islam Sister :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome to islam sis

weeeelcoooooooooooooooooooooooooooome :D :D

if you need anything you got this whole ummah for support !!

Humbler_359
11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
:sl: Sister Elizabeth,

Mash'Allah!! You are on the right direction. Shahada is the declaration of belief in the Oneness of Allah and in Muhammad (pbuh) as his Messenger.

The Shahadah can be declared as follows:

ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is no God except Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

Insaanah
11-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Sister Elizabeth,

I guess we're all eagerly awaiting one particular post from you...the one that tells us that you have become a Muslim and entered the Ummah and family of Islam :D

May Allah make everything so easy for you, we are all rooting for and praying for you. Ameen.

Elizabeth
11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Sooo I can now say As salamu aleiykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh to you all, I gave my shahada today at my work during lunch break, and alhamdulillah, I have a Muslim coworker that was with me. I have a lot to learn especially about the masjid, and all the prophets peace be upon them, but inshallah it will come. :statisfie

I am very happy, as soon as I said my shahada today I felt different. Jazak Allah Khieran for all of your help, you are all beautiful people and I am so happy to become part of the ummah!

GreyKode
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
Sooo I can now say As salamu aleiykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh to you all, I gave my shahada today at my work during lunch break, and alhamdulillah, I have a Muslim coworker that was with me. I have a lot to learn especially about the masjid, and all the prophets peace be upon them, but inshallah it will come. :statisfie

I am very happy, as soon as I said my shahada today I felt different. Jazak Allah Khieran for all of your help, you are all beautiful people and I am so happy to become part of the ummah!
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
Congratulations, may ALLAH(swt) keep you steadfast on Islam, you have a long way to go, take it one step at a time.

Insaanah
11-04-2009, 10:30 PM

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu sis,

OOOOh My Allah!!!!!

SubhaanAllah, I only just noticed on another post of yours in another thread that it said "MUSLIM"

Many many congratulations, I can feel the tears welling up...I wish I was there to hug you, and welcome you personally into Islam!

MaashaAllah. Sister, ask any questions you may have. not sure what Muslim support you've got where you are now, but in case you're wandering what to do next please let us know!

Also, do look at the links I sent you, esp the first one, in the "trials of conversion" thread, which should help when explaining to your parents.

I am soooo happy :statisfie

Assalaamu alaikum.

Woodrow
11-04-2009, 10:53 PM

welcome Home Sister.

Elizabeth
11-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks so much!

Mkuk786
11-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Welcome to Islam World Fastest and best religion in the world
*AlumdillAllah*

syilla
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Allahuakbar

Welcome ukhtee :)

Asiyah3
11-05-2009, 09:03 AM

Al-hamdulillah Al-hamdulillah :statisfie . Warm welcoms :D.

I so glad :statisfie

Sister can you make du'aa (supplication) for me that Allah would guide me to do what pleases him and have mercy on me on the Hereafter. I feel that your du'aa (supplication) will be accepted since Allah loves you and guided you to the Truth.

May Allah keep you on the true path and increase you in knowledge

Nur-ud-Dean
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Congratulations, I'm really happy for you. Do keep in touch so we can help if you need it.

I'm a bit late to the party but I'll post it for anyone who reads this thread in a similar position. I have written a guide on how to become Muslim:

How to Become Muslim

YusufNoor
11-05-2009, 01:07 PM

Allahu Akbar!

welcome to the Truth sister.

this may help you learn your Din [Religion.] Dr Bilal Philips has a free online university [as well as an accredited pay one]. i am currently doing the Foundations of Islamic Studies. the 1st part is all about Tawheed, the Oneness of Allah. there are texts that you can print, some video and some audio. i highly recommend it as the Brother's Doctorate is in Islamic Studies. if you notice, there is also a section on Prayer [Salaat] and one on the Fiqh of purification (Tahaarah). registration is free, just sign up and they will email you.

http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.c...campus/course/

here is Dr Philips Official website with many many video and audios for you to learn from:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pa...sk=view&id=287

if you learn the very basics, it will be easier, In Sha'a Allah, to not only understand Islam but it will aid greatly in explaining it to others.

May Allah guide you and make it easy on you!

:wa:

tresbien
11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
congratulation.ALHAMDULLIAH that he has opened u heart.May Allah guide those who visit this site.Should u need anything about islam, pls ask us .
On this great occasion pls accept from me this gift.
how to perform salat + abulution click on

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3938956856231#

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...thing-add.html

Cabdullahi
11-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Queen Elizabeth has become a muslim mashallah!

Danah
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
MashaAllah !!!!! Now I can say offecially welcome back my dear to Islam. MashaAllah! You seems to be familier with Islamic terms like Islamic greetings and such it seems that you studied Islam very well before embracing it :)

We will try our best to help you in whatever you need inshaAllah

Feel free dear to PM me if you want, I will be more than happy to help In anything I can

Muslim Woman
11-05-2009, 05:00 PM

I gave my shahada today !

wow sis , finally U have found the Truth.

ιѕℓαм ιѕ тнє тяυтн

ιѕℓαм ιѕ тнє тяυтн

ⓘⓢⓛⓐⓜ ⓘⓢ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓣⓡⓤⓣⓗ

Hamza Asadullah
11-05-2009, 10:21 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum wr wb, Subhanallah I get very happy whenever I see new brothers and sisters coming into Islam! Allah has guided you to Islam because he has seen something in them that he likes and Allah guides who he wants and takes guidance away from who he wants aswell!

I want to help you as much as i can, so i have pasted a VERY useful link for you at the bottom which has advice to new muslims containing ALL the basics that New Muslims should know and LOADS more!

It contains links and attached files for you to download of how to do wudhu, salat and lots more!

I hope inshallah you find all of this information very beneficial and useful inshallah and you can copy and print them to and keep for yourself!
Theres also a lot of information for New Muslim Sisters in particular towards the bottom of the thread.

If theres anything at all that you need or want to know about then please don't hesitate and let me know so that i may help you! Welcome to the truth and the right path which Allah has guided you to. You are now part of one body- Islam and as you get closer to Allah you will feel more amazing than you have EVER imagined!

Make dua for me please! Jazakallah!

Very Beneficial Islamic Information for Reverts

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60012

Download for free on PDF the BEST book for New Muslims which covers ALL the basics of Islam and MORE!

http://www.islamicbulletin.org/servi...ls.aspx?id=267

Esther462
11-06-2009, 11:10 PM
MashaAllah!!! Welcome to islam Elizabeth.:welcome:
I said my shahada to myself, in my house, on my own. Then a few weeks later went to my local mosque to say it all again to the iman, to get my certificat so I can go on hajj in years to come.

Caller الداعي
11-06-2009, 11:13 PM
wooooooooooooooooooow
mashallah sis !!!!
congratulations
welcome
MAY ALLAH KEEP U HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL IN THIS WORLD AND THE NEXT

Proud of Islam
11-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Wa Alikom Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh..

Masha’Allah sis you’ve made my morning brighter! :sunny:
Congratulations & welcome to the light of Islam..
I’d like to tell you that after being Muslim, you became as innocent as a newborn baby, because all of your previous sins has converted to hasanaat (rewards). Please make do'a for me sis..

A man called Amr came to the Prophet Muhammad and said, “Give me your right hand so that I may give you my pledge of loyalty.” The Prophet stretched out his right hand. Amr withdrew his hand. The Prophet said: {What has happened to you, O Amr?} He replied, “I intend to lay down a condition.” The Prophet asked: {What condition do you intend to put forward?} Amr said, “That God forgive my sins.” The Prophet said: {Didn’t you know that converting to Islam erases all previous sins?}
Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #121, and Mosnad Ahmad, #17357.

Another thing sis, when we daily make doa's for all Muslims, you'r included. So, more than a billion of people are making do'as for you in every minute of your day!

Dear, you bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet.. This Shahada makes you among people who Allah said for them:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said:
O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.
It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal).

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:
Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him? And thus He continues till [the light of] dawn shines.
It was related by Muslim.

Have a look, dear:
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...w-muslims.html

May Allah continue to guide and bless you. Wishing you a very happy and blessed life insh’Allah :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

M.Zaibkhan
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Welcome TO Islam Sister
May Allah Guide you more and more and give to you Jannah

newconvert24
03-15-2010, 02:37 PM
salam sis

I am new to i converted about 3 months ago in advance I congraduate you on your admmitance to islam. If you have any question you can email me at Sorry the posting of personal email information is not permitted i also am in a group for women that wants to know nore on islam it is on yahoo chat and if you want to join just ask me and i will help you join any muslim women wants to join just ask. :muslimah:

Mohamed_Sadiq
03-15-2010, 02:50 PM

ManshAllah Sister congratz (mubarak), I feel so happy sister, and I hope your family and friends will support you with your decision, and never feel down with what people will or might say to you for converting to Islam. Did you come up with a Muslim name yet?

Again congratz!:D

Ramadhan
03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to both of you sis!

Welcome back to the fold of Islam!

You both indeed are very fortunate people as Allah SWT has guided you to the straight path.
Every news of someone coming to Islam always gives warm fuzzy feeling and I am feeling so happy for you.
May Allah SWT always blesses us and guide us in the right path.

-Elle-
03-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Mash'Allah:D:D:D:D

Mabrouk (Congratulations)..Insh'Allah(God willing) this way of life will being you peace and joy in this life, and may you reap the benefits of it in the next.. It's such a beautiful way of life, and I am truly happy you will be sharing it with us :wub:
Congrats once more!

:statisfie

Rabi Mansur
03-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Download for free on PDF the BEST book for New Muslims which covers ALL the basics of Islam and MORE!

http://www.islamicbulletin.org/servi...ls.aspx?id=267
I was looking for a good basic overview and I think this one looks to be the best I have seen so far.

شكرا

Esther462
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
ManshAllah Sister congratz (mubarak), I feel so happy sister, and I hope your family and friends will support you with your decision, and never feel down with what people will or might say to you for converting to Islam. Did you come up with a Muslim name yet?

Again congratz!:D
Elizabeth is an islamic name in my opinion. It is name of the wife of Zackerier, Ithink and problerly spelt wrong. That is the name I've got on my convertion certificate but I sometimes use an islamic name with certen muslim friends but I like my name so I stick to it and if she likes it, she should stick with it.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum Sister Elizabeth! :)...
Congratulations...Soorry late reply, although i didnt even exist on this forum at that time :$..

Welcome to the way of Life of all the Prophets Peace be upon them All...The Truth,The way to Paradise!:D:)

For Indeed There is no God But Allaah!
Wa`alaaykum Salaam :D..

MohammedAhmed
03-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Mashallah May Allah reward all of you. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.