/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aliens in Islam?

Ramadhan
11-05-2009, 02:46 AM
This morning after fajr prayer I read QS Ash-Shuraa, and an ayah (29) intriqued me and I want to ask your opinion whether the living (moving) beings created scattered among the heavens mentioned in this ayah could be interpreted as aliens (creatures who live in other planets)?
I have always been fascinated with astronomy, the nature of our universe and galaxies and the possibility that living creates exist in other planets, so naturally I am quite excited when reading this verse.

Muhsin Khan
: And among His Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and whatever moving (living) creatures He has dispersed in them both. And He is All-Potent over their assembling (i.e. resurrecting them on the Day of Resurrection after their death, and dispersion of their bodies) whenever He will.

Sahih International
: And of his signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what He has dispersed throughout them of creatures. And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent.

Pickthall
: And of His portents is the creation of the heaven and the earth, and of whatever beasts He hath dispersed therein. And He is Able to gather them when He will.

Yusuf Ali
: And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills.

Shakir
: And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and what He has spread forth in both of them of living beings; and when He pleases He is all-powerful to gather them together.

Dr. Ghali
: And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and of whatever kinds of beast He has disseminated in them, and He is The Ever-Determiner of gathering them when He decides.

Tafsir Jalalayn
: And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and, the creation of, whatever He has scattered, [whatever] He has divided and spread, in them in the way of creatures (dābba: this denotes all those [creatures] which tread [yadubbu] upon the earth, whether human beings or otherwise). And He is able to bring them together, for the Gathering, whenever He will (rational beings as opposed to others predominate in the [suffixed] pronoun [-him of jam‘ihim, ‘to bring them together’]).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-manar
01-09-2010, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
This morning after fajr prayer I read QS Ash-Shuraa, and an ayah (29) intriqued me and I want to ask your opinion whether the living (moving) beings created scattered among the heavens mentioned in this ayah could be interpreted as aliens (creatures who live in other planets)?
The word mentioned in the verse is دَابَّةٍ (Dabbah) which means in general any creature that while moving,walking touch the earth.....

such creatures

1- has to be created from water ,and has legs ..

24:45 And Allah has created every animal دَابَّةٍ (Dabbah) from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills for verily Allah has power over all things.

[021:030] We made from water every living thing.

2- Cant be birds or a creatures that able to fly..

6:38 There is not an animal on the earthدَابَّةٍ (Dabbah) , nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end.

There has to be creatures that been created from water as(human, animals),which walks on some land not flying,in other planets ...

Holy Quran :And of his signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what He has dispersed throughout them of creatures دَابَّةٍ (Dabbah) . And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent.

[016:049] And all in the Heavens and all on the Earth, each thing that moveth(walking not flying) دَابَّةٍ (Dabbah) , and the very angels, prostrate them in adoration before God, and are free from pride;

CosmicPathos
01-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Pseudo-science has no acceptance in Islam. Aliens do not exist till there is evidence. Moreover, how come the Prophet's message did not reach the aliens yet? Will those aliens go to hell fire? Can those aliens understand human languages? Can we translate Quran into those languages?

If we find aliens in the universe, it supports the atheistic argument that Earth afterall is not unique. Just by chance planets have emerged which can support life.

Also if intelligent aliens exist, it means that humans are not unique. It means life could have taken different pathways to evolve from chemicals to the beings that we are. It means that human being is not a unique creation. Of course this goes against the message of Quran. We should be ready with arguments, in case intelligent aliens are discovered, to refute the atheist questions that might arise afterwards.

desert winds
01-10-2010, 12:14 AM
We know that quran speaks of mankind, angels jinns and that allah made creatures of the world.
Western world use the term 'ghosts, spirits' to describe what we call jinns.
There are 3 kinds of jinns, ones who walk the earth( ghosts!) Ones in dogs and snakes, and finally jinns that fly and listen on angels( maybe refered to ALIENS?)
So i feel its just these.there are no aliens.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abu_musab461
01-10-2010, 12:17 AM
aliens do not exist, as portrayed- higher intelligent life form. If this is the case then they are obliged to embrace islam and made wudu and pray as the prophet (pbuh) did.

jinns exist. And they shape shift and they have been seen sometimes accidentally flying about.

thetruth2009
01-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Assalam aleykoum brother,

format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
aliens do not exist, as portrayed- higher intelligent life form.

We do not know what Allah SWT creat, do you think Allah SWT started to creat from Adam and will stop at the end of the world ?

Allah SWT is always creating new things

If this is the case then they are obliged to embrace islam and made wudu and pray as the prophet (pbuh) did.

Why there are obliged, where did you see that ? as you know there are many Jinns they do not pray Allah SWT, nobody is obliged toi worship god no ?

jinns exist. And they shape shift and they have been seen sometimes accidentally flying about.

Assalam aleykoum sisiters and brothers.

Dagless
01-10-2010, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
Pseudo-science has no acceptance in Islam. Aliens do not exist till there is evidence. Moreover, how come the Prophet's message did not reach the aliens yet? Will those aliens go to hell fire? Can those aliens understand human languages? Can we translate Quran into those languages?

If we find aliens in the universe, it supports the atheistic argument that Earth afterall is not unique. Just by chance planets have emerged which can support life.

Also if intelligent aliens exist, it means that humans are not unique. It means life could have taken different pathways to evolve from chemicals to the beings that we are. It means that human being is not a unique creation. Of course this goes against the message of Quran. We should be ready with arguments, in case intelligent aliens are discovered, to refute the atheist questions that might arise afterwards.
Why couldn't the aliens have had their own messengers? and own books?
Is the Earth being unique a Muslim belief?

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
Why couldn't the aliens have had their own messengers? and own books?
Is the Earth being unique a Muslim belief?
Prophet pbuh is greatest fo Allah's creation and he is a last messenger for everyone. If Alien's existed, he would be their last prophet too. But I do not know of any event where Prophet pbuh was involved in inter-stellar travel except the beautiful Miraaj.

The Earth being unique is a part of teleological argument that a God exists.

Cabdullahi
01-10-2010, 12:39 AM
aliens come on!!

...aliens are the creation of sci-fi movies

thetruth2009
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers,

Allah SWT will never destroy or send his creation to hell before sending messengers, is it logical or not ?

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thetruth2009
Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers,

Allah SWT will never destroy or send his creation to hell before sending messengers, is it logical or not ?
yes and if the Prophet Muhammad pbuh is last messenger, we know that he did not meet any "aliens" as its not recorded in islamic history and books. Allah swt has told us what we need to know that is jinns and angels exist. INtelligent life Aliens do not exist ... thats the beauty of Allah's creation .... creating a unique intelligent human. the words of GOd in Quran are directed to humans and at some parts to jinns. They are not addressed to aliens ...

thetruth2009
01-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Assalam aleykoum,

What you mean now, its Allah SWT creat only :

- 1 ) Humans

- 2) Jinns

- 3) Angels

You mean that Allah SWT have not created any other creations, how can you say that ?

Our prophete PBUH was sent to the earth no ? ( Human and Jinns ) ?

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thetruth2009
Assalam aleykoum,

What you mean now, its Allah SWT creat only :

- 1 ) Humans

- 2) Jinns

- 3) Angels

You mean that Allah SWT have not created any other creations, how can you say that ?

Our prophete PBUH was sent to the earth no ? ( Human and Jinns ) ?
I am not saying that life cannot exist on other planents. It could. bacteria and what not. But no intelligent life.

Chuck
01-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Imo, yes. It can be taken as that Allah has created life in other places in the universe. Traditional understanding is the jinns, but verse is not limited to jinns at all. Do we need to spend too much time on it, I think not. But we shouldn't limit the meaning where Quran doesn't limit the meaning either.

That is my understanding.

Allah knows best!

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Imo, yes. It can be taken as that Allah has created life in other places in the universe. Traditional understanding is the jinns, but verse is not limited to jinns at all. Do we need to spend too much time on it, I think not. But we shouldn't limit the meaning where Quran doesn't limit the meaning either.

That is my understanding.

Allah knows best!
If intelligent life exists somewhere else then human beings are not a special creation in this whole cosmos. This goes against Quranic message that humans are different from animals and have a special place in the cosmos. If intelligent aliens are more advanced than humans (they can shoot laser from their bodies, have more neurons in their brains than ours etc) then that breaks down the whole argument that Man was created specially by God. ....

such an existence supports the notion that life could exist by chance whereever the conditions were appropriate. While on the contrary if only Earth has intelligent life, it is strong argument that it so unlikely to occur purely by chance that there is a plan behind it.

Dagless
01-10-2010, 08:50 AM
If intelligent life exists somewhere else then human beings are not a special creation in this whole cosmos. This goes against Quranic message that humans are different from animals and have a special place in the cosmos. If intelligent aliens are more advanced than humans (they can shoot laser from their bodies, use 99% of their brain while we use 10% of it etc) then that breaks down the whole argument that Man was created specially by God. ....

such an existence supports the notion that life could exist by chance whereever the conditions were appropriate. While on the contrary if only Earth has intelligent life, it is strong argument that it so unlikely to occur purely by chance that there is a plan behind it.
Please can you quote the verse which says we are a special creation? I thought our only speciality was free will and being favoured above other animals.
If the aliens are more advanced than us it may not mean they are better than us, only that they've had more time (or were created long before?). We maybe a favoured creation but does that mean we are better in every aspect? Some animals can run faster than us, computers can do caculations faster than us, the angels are stronger than us, etc. Maybe the aliens will be better than us in some things too? Especially if they discover us rather than the other way around.
"The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not." (surah 40, verse 57)

CosmicPathos
01-10-2010, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
Please can you quote the verse which says we are a special creation? I thought our only speciality was free will and being favoured above other animals.
If the aliens are more advanced than us it may not mean they are better than us, only that they've had more time (or were created long before?). We maybe a favoured creation but does that mean we are better in every aspect? Some animals can run faster than us, computers can do caculations faster than us, the angels are stronger than us, etc. Maybe the aliens will be better than us in some things too? Especially if they discover us rather than the other way around.
"The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not." (surah 40, verse 57)
Isnt man vicegerent of God? Why arent aliens vicegerent of God? Sure, a cheetah can run for 70 mph, what benefit does it have? Man is a special creation ... I cant find the verses from Quran, someone else might provide em ... lets say if aliens exist and if they have free will etc like us, does it mean they will go to heaven or hell? Arent heaven or hell ONLY for humans and jinns?

Chuck
01-10-2010, 03:18 PM
If intelligent life exists somewhere else then human beings are not a special creation in this whole cosmos. This goes against Quranic message that humans are different from animals and have a special place in the cosmos. If intelligent aliens are more advanced than humans (they can shoot laser from their bodies, have more neurons in their brains than ours etc) then that breaks down the whole argument that Man was created specially by God. ....

I didn't say it would intelligent like humans, I don't know. I'm trying to objective with what Quran says, it doesn't say anything for or against, so I don't want to limit it either. Thats all. As for humans, if you read the verse Allah says he will make man vicegerent on Earth, so it is in the context of Earth.

Shahreaz
01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
ALIENS IN THE QURAN - check this link.

abu_musab461
01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Ok guys please PM when you see an Alien cos i would like to have a chat with one, insha Allah if they have the ability to distinguish between good and bad and have free will, then we can give them dawah.

Snowflake
01-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Aliens exist..

proof...

I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien
I'm a Jamaican in New York

(confession by Shinehead)

:embarrass

Vito
01-11-2010, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
Ok guys please PM when you see an Alien cos i would like to have a chat with one, insha Allah if they have the ability to distinguish between good and bad and have free will, then we can give them dawah.
That would be pretty interesting to go on dawah field trips with the aliens.

thetruth2009
01-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Assalam aleykoum,

Allah SWT say in the Quran all what human needs, its not because he does not talk about others creatures, that aliens does not exist.

Allah SWT always creating new things every day and before Adam creat other creation.

Please do not think that every thing is in the Quran, all useful for us is inside, people who said that Allah SWt did not creat Aliens or others are limited Allah SWT.

Think about it all of you.

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers, peace be upon to you all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.