/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hafiz = Heaven?

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 03:24 AM
:sl:
I would like to clarify something.

I have seen and heard of evidence that a Hafiz of the Quran, and the 7 generations after them (or is it before?) are automatically granted a place in heaven.

My question:
What if the Hafiz completely disregards some of Allah's other teachings? Are they required some sacrifice/punishment of some sort, or does Allah nulify their "Hafiz status"?

The reason I am asking this is because a while back, I went to a school in Pakistan (BIG change from US schools). I met a kid, who was a Hafiz, yet he had a very dirty mouth and was so strongly attracted to the opposite sex that he had to talk about things he would like to do with a girl.

To those of you who respond:
Thanks for the clarification :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-06-2009, 03:38 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic

I have seen and heard of evidence that a Hafiz of the Quran, and the 7 generations after them (or is it before?) are automatically granted a place in heaven.
To my knowledge , there is no such verse in Quran that says : a Hafiz will be '' automatically granted '' heaven or s/he can take 7 generations with him/her there .

I heard that regarding Hadith Allah will grant his/her request to forgive 7 of the family members .

No one should think like this : s/he will be granted heaven ' automatically' . This thinking may make the person fearless , proud and arrogant . Prophet pbuh warned that a proud person won't be able to get in to heaven.

And Allah Knows Best.

ardianto
11-06-2009, 10:08 AM

So, if the Hafiz's descendants are kuffar, is it means these kuffar are automatically granted a place in heaven ?....... of course not !.
Even the Hafiz himself is not automatically granted a place in heaven.

Brother, I understand if you ask this question. Some Muslims really believe to 'non-logic' stories like this. And actually believe to 'non-logic' stories is a symptom of 'TBC' (Tach'yul, Bid'ah, Churafat), a mental illness of Muslims people.

But don't worry, there is remedy for illness like this, follow the Salaf, three earliest generation in Islam.

Khaldun
11-06-2009, 12:26 PM

This is true, there are many hadiths that show that a haafid will enter Jannah.

What the brother is refering to is the hadith of the Prophet where he says that a haafid of the Qur'aan will be able to give shafaa'a for up to 10 people of his family.

But what we need to ask ourselfs is, what is a haafid? Is it just memorising the arabic letters, well then a parrot can do that aswell. But what makes a person a true Haafid? It is the person who acts upon the Qur'aan takes what it makes halaal as halaal and what the Qur'aan mentions as haram he stays away from it. He takes the Qur'aan as a guide in his life and follows its guidance.

The Qur'aan is either a witness for you or against you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
11-06-2009, 12:56 PM

My question:
What if the Hafiz completely disregards some of Allah's other teachings? Are they required some sacrifice/punishment of some sort, or does Allah nulify their "Hafiz status"?

The reason I am asking this is because a while back, I went to a school in Pakistan (BIG change from US schools). I met a kid, who was a Hafiz, yet he had a very dirty mouth and was so strongly attracted to the opposite sex that he had to talk about things he would like to do with a girl.

To those of you who respond:
Thanks for the clarification :)

About your statement and what you heard about the hafiz

I totally disagree. I've seen people ask about the status and benifits of a Hafiz and I've never heard about this (a place in heaven granted) . For if this were to be true, they would have surely mention it, also to encourage other muslims. Additionally what brother ardianto said is something clever and to think about.

Perhaps some have mixed it with this hadith:

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr, who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: ‘Recite and rise in status as you used to recite in the world, and your position will be at the last verse you recite.’” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1646; al-Tirmidhi, 2914; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
_________________-

Check out the source to read about the other benefits : http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14035/

Among the benifits mentioned in the site:

2 – He is placed in front of others in a common grave, closer to the qiblah, if it is essential to bury him with others.

It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: “The Prophet would wrap two of the men slain at Uhud in a single cloth, then he would ask, ‘Which of them knew more Qur’aan?’ If one of them was pointed out to him, he would put that one in the lahd (niche in the side of the grave) first. And he said, ‘I will be a witness over these people on the Day of Resurrection.’ He commanded that they should be buried with their blood, without being washed, and that no funeral prayer should be offered for them.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1278)

7 – The Qur’aan will intercede for him with his Lord.

It was narrated that Abu Umaamah al-Baahili said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘Recite the Qur’aan, for it will come on the Day of Resurrection to intercede for its companions. Recite the two bright ones, al-Baqarah and Soorat Aal ‘Imraan, for they will come on the Day of Resurrection like two clouds or two shades or two flocks of birds in ranks, pleading for those who recite them. Recite Soorat al-Baqarah for to take recourse to it is a blessing and to give it up is a cause of grief, and the magicians cannot confront it.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 804, and by al-Bukhaari in a mu’allaq report).

Again source: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14035/

P.S.
With regard to learning and teaching Qur’aan, this is one of the best of deeds and greatest acts of worship, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of you are those who learn the Qur’aan and teach it.” Narrated by al-http://www.islamicboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1240508Bukhaari (5027).
__________________________________________________ _____________-

ardianto
11-06-2009, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

This is true, there are many hadiths that show that a haafid will enter Jannah.
But not including his descendants.

But what we need to ask ourselfs is, what is a haafid? Is it just memorising the arabic letters, well then a parrot can do that aswell.
That's why I said "Even the Hafiz himself is not automatically granted a place in heaven".

Khaldun
11-06-2009, 04:42 PM

A true Haafid will enter jannah and there is no doubt about that. And a Haafid can intercede for 10 people from his or her family.

But a true haafid is not the one who only memorises the text but rather acts upon its meanings etc

ardianto
11-06-2009, 05:29 PM

A true Haafid will enter jannah and there is no doubt about that.
I have no doubt. There are some hadith about it.
But of course, not every Haafid is true Haafid.

And a Haafid can intercede for 10 people from his or her family.
There is hadith about it, narrated by Ali bin Abu Thalib Radiallahu Anhu.
But ................. I think I must ask an ustadz for further explanation.

Jazak Allahu Khairan.

tango92
11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
does a hafiz need to understand the quran? because many hafiz today dont speak arabic. is all their hard work in vain?

Khaldun
11-06-2009, 07:12 PM

No their hard work is never in vain because just by reading Qur'aan you get reward understanding it or not, but to be a true Haafid one should strive their uppermost to understand what Allah is commanding you to do in the Qur'aan. How to live how to behave treat others etc.

alcurad
11-06-2009, 10:23 PM
most of the companions of the prophet weren't 'hafidh' in the sense of simply memorizing the Quran. is then a current 'hafidh' better than they?

if one memorizes the words but does not understand or apply them how is this a good deed?

Danah
11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But of course, not every Haafid is true Haafid.
True!!
not every hafid is a true hafid, in other words they are memorizing and reciting teachings they don't follow.

May Allah save us

OurIslamic
11-07-2009, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
And actually believe to 'non-logic' stories is a symptom of 'TBC' (Tach'yul, Bid'ah, Churafat), a mental illness of Muslims people.

But don't worry, there is remedy for illness like this, follow the Salaf, three earliest generation in Islam.
I don't have this illness, and neither do I believe that people receive an automatic ticket to heaven (unless stated by the Prophet (S) or Allah(SWT)).

OurIslamic
11-07-2009, 01:07 AM

A true Haafid will enter jannah and there is no doubt about that. And a Haafid can intercede for 10 people from his or her family.

But a true haafid is not the one who only memorises the text but rather acts upon its meanings etc
The have to have:

1) Memorized the Quran
2) Understood what they have read
3) Follow it 100% as it is their first nature.

ardianto
11-07-2009, 05:01 AM
I don't have this illness, and neither do I believe that people receive an automatic ticket to heaven (unless stated by the Prophet (S) or Allah(SWT)).
I didn't say you have this illness.
I am sorry, I took an assumption too fast. There are many Muslims in my country who believe non-logic stories, and I thought people in your place are same with them. Sorry.

Yes there are many hadith, a Hafiz will go to heaven, but not including all of seven generations after him.

PS : I use "him" because Hafiz is male. Female Hafiz is Hafizah.

Khaldun
11-07-2009, 11:55 AM

Yes I am, brother Salman alhamdulilahi rabil 'alameen

It took me two years and a little bit.

brother alcurad - it is still a good deed you cannot deny that fact, and I am sure I do not need to qoute the famous hadith wherein which the Prophet says that I do not say alif lam meem is a letter but rather alif is a letter and lam is a letter and meem is a letter [and for each letter the recitor gets 10 hasanat] but you are right that the best amongst us will never even come close to the lowest amongst the sahaba.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.