/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Trading

Soulja Girl
11-10-2009, 03:24 PM
:sl:

Is there a little book available about the do’s and don’ts of Islamic Trading? I mean something very basic. Like if I wanted to sell some stuff, what are the basic guidelines I have to follow? What is considered as “ripping off people” and what is considered as making a profit? Am I allowed to for example raise a price of a product if I know it is in demand, despite that it may not actually be of that value? Lots of people do that, and it seems... well, hokey but then you have on the other hand if you don’t raise your prices, your gna get sold out of the market so you have no choice but to raise the prices despite that its true value may be lower.

If I at the start of a business venture, price my items lower to attract customers, but later on raise the price, is that permissible?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-10-2009, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Is there a little book available about the do’s and don’ts of Islamic Trading? I mean something very basic. Like if I wanted to sell some stuff, what are the basic guidelines I have to follow? What is considered as “ripping off people” and what is considered as making a profit? Am I allowed to for example raise a price of a product if I know it is in demand, despite that it may not actually be of that value? Lots of people do that, and it seems... well, hokey but then you have on the other hand if you don’t raise your prices, your gna get sold out of the market so you have no choice but to raise the prices despite that its true value may be lower.

If I at the start of a business venture, price my items lower to attract customers, but later on raise the price, is that permissible?

:wa:
:sl: Sister,

Sorry this is probably not of much help, but I Googled Business Ethics Islamic Perspective, and these are a few of the results that came up. Not sure if they were what you were after or if they answer your questions.

http://www.renaissance.com.pk/Mayviewpoint2y5.htm
http://www.islamicperspective.net/Pi...ile/a6s2s2.pdf

The first link above looked slightly better than the second one.

This is a book on Islamic Business Ethics, but it has to be paid for and ordered though :(
http://www.islamicity.com/bazar/acti...006-3618&-find

ardianto
11-11-2009, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
That is permissible if you inform your customer this price is temporary price.
In example "Special offer, only US$ ....../piece, valid until (date)".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.