/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IslamicBoard Link

Beardo
11-13-2009, 08:47 PM
This is a poll in reference to the thread "IB 2B LI". What should we do with the forum?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-13-2009, 08:53 PM
:salamext:

Is there a possibility of linking it to Load-Islam with the appropriate domain(s) but still have the URL IslamicBoard.com to redirect there?

It might sound stupid - I don't know anything about websites.

Beardo
11-13-2009, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Is there a possibility of linking it to Load-Islam with the appropriate domain(s). But still have the URL IslamicBoard.com to redirect there?

It might sound stupid. I don't know anything about websites.
That is possible. Basically IslamicBoard.com can redirect to load-islam.com/forum or forum.load-islam.com or vice versa, Load-Islam.com/forum can redirect to IslamicBoard.com.

Uthman
11-13-2009, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
That is possible. Basically IslamicBoard.com can redirect to load-islam.com/forum or forum.load-islam.com
I like it. :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
keep the name as it is, and return everything as it was in the past
I found Load-Islam to be a very good source for Islamic articles.

OurIslamic
11-13-2009, 09:00 PM
It should be linked to a main website. Standing alone, it feels incomplete. Attaching it to a website, and having islamicboard.com as the main website is illogical as it isn't a board...this is.

Fishman
11-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I never used load-Islam anyway, so I prefer Islamicboard as it has always been for me.

Of course, fishkhaganate.com is much better... ;D

ژاله
11-14-2009, 03:17 PM
why cant we leave it as it is?

Beardo
11-15-2009, 02:49 AM
I thought more people would be interested in making a site out of IslamicBoard.com and transforming the forum to IslamicBoard.com/forum.

I suppose not.
Looks like votes are telling us to keep as is. =/

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Therefore, we are now going to call IslamicBoard.com IB :p. Anyone who calls it LI will be thrown into Rashad's virtual jail, called jannahjail.com lol.

Beardo
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
The reason we stopped calling it LI is because Load-Islam was not under the Jannah Network at that time. Alhamdulillah, we acquired Load-Islam.com just a few days ago, and therefore it was instated that IslamicBoard can once again be called LI forums.

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 08:26 PM
But Islamicboard isn't connected to LI anymore :p

Uthman
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
That is possible. Basically IslamicBoard.com can redirect to load-islam.com/forum or forum.load-islam.com
Maybe some people who selected the second option on the poll wouldn't mind going for this approach...

Maybe we should have that as an option on the poll too?

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Maybe some people who selected the second option on the poll wouldn't mind going for this approach...

Maybe we should have that as an option on the poll too?
That's the first option on the poll.

Uthman
11-15-2009, 09:54 PM
:salamext:
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
That's the first option on the poll.
It's slightly different. The first option says that we link to Load-Islam and obviously change the domain accordingly.

But I proposed that we link to Load-Islam and change the domain but keep the domain IslamicBoard.com for use as a redirect. Perhaps people who voted for the second option wouldn't mind my proposition.

OurIslamic
11-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Hmm, that's an interesting idea.

I don't really mind.

The only thing I have an issue with is the name of IslamicBoard.com. If we're not affiliated with Load-Islam, we shouldn't call this board LI. It should be IB. Calling it LI only confuses members, especially the new ones. I know it doesn't really matter, but I just think that we should be consistent.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.