/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Daily Ibadah (worship) check!

Hamza Asadullah
11-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Weigh your deeds before its too late!

Doesn't time seem to be flying faster and faster by the day?

Indeed, the Prophet(SAW) told us that one of the signs of the Last Day would be that “time would move faster - so that a whole year would pass like a month, a month would pass like a week, a week like a day, a day like an hour, and an hour like the amount of time it takes to kindle a fire.” {Ahmad}

This means we need to ACT now - how long will we put off good deeds till tomorrow deluding ourselves into thinking we can be more "religious" when we get older? We need to weigh our good deeds in the Balance of Scales today before they are weighed before us on the Day of Judgement when we will not be able to act.

To help with this daily reflection, you can download and print of this Daily Ibaadah Check which simplifies this process and introduces a clear measure for judging daily performance.

Almighty Allah says: “There certainly is an excellent example in Allah's messenger for he who fears Allah and the last day and remembers Allah abundantly” (al-Ahzaab 21)

Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] said, “He who holds firm to my Sunnah when corruption is rampant in my Ummah will attain the reward of a hundred martyrs.” (al-Bayhaqi fi Zuhd; Hidaayatur ruwaat vol.1 pg.136 Hadith174)

Anas [radhiallaahu anhu] reports that Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] advised, “Whoever cherishes my Sunnah, indeed he cherishes me and whoever loves me will be with me in Jannah.” (Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith2678; Ibid)

Download the chart from here: lutonmuslims.com/index.php?op...doit&Itemid

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COPY,PRINT,FORWARD AND DISTRIBUTE TO OTHERS SO THAT THEY MAY BENEFIT TOO INSHALLAH

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Allah says in the Qur’an that ‘Whosoever obeys Allah and His Rasul (Messenger) has indeed attained a great success’. (33:71)

In other words, real success of man in this life and the Aakhirah (Hereafter) lies only in the obedience to the orders of Allah and in practically emulating the Sunnah of Nabi Muhammad (Pbuh) in every aspect of life.

Every Muslim knows this, but the urge to practise our Deen will come within us only when we have developed proper yaqeen (conviction) in the promises of Allah and His Rasul (Pbuh).

Misz_Muslimah
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Mashallah, so beneficial :)

Innocent Soul
11-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Assalamualaikum
Jazakallah for this beneficial post.
I'll try my best to forward it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
11-29-2009, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] said, “He who holds firm to my Sunnah when corruption is rampant in my Ummah will attain the reward of a hundred martyrs.” (al-Bayhaqi fi Zuhd; Hidaayatur ruwaat vol.1 pg.136 Hadith174)
:sl:
Brothers, thats a mawdouh (fabricated) Hadeeth.

Otherwise, its a beautiful post. Jazakallah Khair

:w:

Hamza Asadullah
11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
:sl:
Brothers, thats a mawdouh (fabricated) Hadeeth.

Otherwise, its a beautiful post. Jazakallah Khair

:w:
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, the hadith in question:

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet p.b.u.h. said:

If a person holds onto my Sunnah when corruption is rampant among my Ummah, he will receive the rewards of a martyr." [Tabarani]

That is, when the ummah, having given up the Sunnah, may be busy in innovations and in disobedience to Allah and the Apostle, if a man is firm in practising the sunnahs he will get recompense equal to that of a hundred martyrs. The recompense of one hundred martyrs will be given to the man who acts upon the sunnahs during the age of corruption. For a martyr dies fighting only once in the battlefield whereas the man who practises the Holy Prophet's sunnah in a degenerating period, first the alien people and non-Muslims, feeling it to be odd and outlandish, will vex him and make fun of him; and if per chance Allah softened their hearts towards him and they started looking at him with respect instead of contempt, some Muslims take up the gauntlet to despise and humiliate that devotee of the Holy Prophet .

The matter does not remain confined to mere discussion; on the contrary, it often turns into squabbling and fighting. They say: You belong to our community, and your colour and our colour is the same, but you adopt such a behaviour that we feel ashamed of it and thus you are putting all of us to disgrace", etc., etc. So, he is harassed with things like this.

A warrior and martyr gets relief by dying once but this slave of Allah who claims to cherish love for the Apostle and has therefore adopted such behaviour is thoroughly pulverised; his love is put to trial and he has to undergo self-mortification every now and then, as someone has well said: - "What can be there for a lover but misery? What can be there for him but tears, blood and yearning for the beloved"?

A poet has described this in Urdu in the following manner: - ‘Receive hurt upon hurt and be alive; suffer wound upon wound and drink. Do not sigh and seal your lips, for this is love and not a joke.’

On the one hand he will receive such a great recompense, and, on the other, he will be exalted with what was his real objective, as Shaikh Sa' di has said: - "The remedy for one suffering the pain of love is nothing but the beloved's glimpse".

So, in order to please the heart of that lover, besides the spring seasons of paradise, he will be awarded the Holy Prophet's proximity and company. This will be the fruit of his suffering the taunts of his own co-religionists as well as others and of staunchly following the Holy Prophet's sunnahs.

Hence it has been said for the martyr, that he will be one rank below the prophets. And the person who is obedient and submissive to Allah and His Apostle has been given this position that he will enjoy the prophets' company, as it has been said in the following Quranic verse: -

“And whoso obey Allah and the Messenger, then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the siddiqun, the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are.” (IV: 69)

So those who obey Allah and the messenger, and carry out their order will enjoy the prophets' company in Paradise and he who loves the Holy Prophet and conforms regularly and continuously to his sunnahs, for him the Holy Prophet has said: "He will have the good fortune of living with me in Paradise". This is indeed the greatest reward. He is a lucky man who happens to receive it. And that is the true life, anything besides this may be called life, but it is in fact death, as some poet has said: -

"It cannot be called life for one separated from the beloved is a dead person; a truly alive person is one who is enjoying union with the beloved".

In regards of the authenticity of the hadith it is not fabricated but it is weak. There is a big difference and one should not label a hadith that which it is not.

The Ulema of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah have stated that weak hadith can be used to enjoin good and forbid evil as long as it is not fabricated but it cannot be used for fundamentals of Islam. Jazakallah Khayran

Hamza Asadullah
12-30-2009, 09:46 PM
DOING OF GOOD DEEDS AND LEADING OTHERS TOWARDS RIGHTEOUSNESS: Every good deed is sadaqah (an act of charity). (Bukhaari and Muslim)

Misz_Muslimah
12-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Jazaakalahu khayran brother Hamza for the Ibaada Check,
It has helped me so much :)
:wa:

Muslimah4Eva x
12-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Me too alhamdulilah :)

al.Ghurabaa'
01-01-2010, 12:11 AM
JazakAllahukhairan Brother Hamza

MashAllah, the I'badaah check is excellent!
May Allah reward you abundantly..

InshAllah, will forward to all I know.

Wassalam

Hamza Asadullah
01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Self-evaluation means to assess where you are in life, set goals for the future, and think of what you can do to get there.

The process of self-evaluation makes one pro-active in directing one's life in order to achieve the goals one sets for themself. Unless we take the initiative our lives will be shaped by circumstances.

This is a brilliant tool for us to self evaluate ourselves just like people keep logs or diaries to remind them of things so that we can evaluate and improve ourselves on a daily basis.

Hamza Asadullah
03-16-2010, 03:00 AM
“Appreciate five things before five occur.” Youth before old age; Good health before sickness; Prosperity before poverty; free time before becoming pre-occupied and Life before DEATH! (Al-Tirmidhi)

Hamza Asadullah
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
:salam2:

A Muslim should learn how to organize his time, and make a realistic plan for his worldly and religious duties, without any of them overlapping the other. That is to say that one should know how to arrange his priorities: the most important and the most urgent comes first, and carried out according to schedule. Organizing time also includes leaving a place for relaxation and entertainment.

One of the methods of managing his time properly is for a Muslim to get up early and sleep early, for early hours always yield great blessings. Starting his day with prayer and the supplication of the morning brings the Muslim Allah's grace. A Muslim should always bear in mind that every time has its own task that suits it. Doing tasks in their due times brings about peace of mind and comfort.

Verily, time is very important for our success both in this temporary world and the eternal world to come. If we waste time, if we abuse it, then we waste and abuse our lives. In the Life Hereafter we will be among the losers, who will suffer the torments in the Hell Fire, if Allah the Almighty will not forgive us. Therefore, if we really give value to our lives then, we must give due value to the importance of time.

May Allah help us to make the best use of our precious time and to spend every prescious second we have in his remembrance and worship. Ameen

:wa:

Misz_Muslimah
04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
May Allah help us to make the best use of our precious time and to spend every prescious second we have in his remembrance and worship. Ameen
Ameen :)

Hidaaya
04-20-2010, 02:07 AM
:thumbs_up Jazakallahu Khayran for sharing!

Hamza Asadullah
06-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Imagine yourself after you pass away
Imagine your grave through night and through day
Wishing that you did not do as they say
Wishing that you had got up and had prayed.

Imagine, my friends, the day that you died
Imagine all of the tears that they cried
Remember how it felt when your body was tied
Remember how it felt in the grave which you lied.

Imagine the day you'll be called to account
Imagine the sum to which your life will ammount
Think for a moment of the deeds which you mount
Think for a moment how much they will count.

What will they say of you when you are dead?
What will they say, what will be said?
Will they speak of all the poor who you fed?
Will they remember all the Qur`an that you read?

Think not of them, but of Allah, Lord of mankind and jinn
Think of Allah when tempted to sin
Think of the paradise which you will dwell in
Don't wait till later to think what might have been.

Hamza Asadullah
08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, there are two weeks left so it is best if we make a routine for ourselves in order to make the best of these last two weeks of Ramadan. Let us ue these two weeks to get closer to Allah and to gain forgiveness and freedom from the punishment of the grave and the fire of Hell and entry into Paradise!

Hamza Asadullah
12-31-2010, 04:34 AM
Make the best use of time before you lose two things

Ibn Abbas narrated that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) health and free time for doing good." (Bukhari 8/421)

Al-Mufarridun
01-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

Hamza, I like your style of writing bro. Very clear and motivational. May Allah(swt) reward you and multiply your rewards. Ameen.

Whenever a day ends i feel as if i could have made it better, prayed better, remembered Allah more, glorified Him more, thanked Him more, learned more, done more. And specially the days when i know that i've done less than usual, and we all know the truth of our efforts in our hearts, i feel more disappointment. We all know that feeling we get when we do less than we can, fall short of our standers. You feel it specially when you are alone, usually when you go to bed at night. The important thing to remember is that we all have short comings, there will be days when you feel the pain of disappointment, the secret is to not let shaytan use this weapon against you and hold you hostage with it, instead decide to use this feeling which serves as a warning to us, and to make a promise to do better tomorrow. Use it to become better, do better. The scholars say that sometimes when a mu'min commits a sin, if he/she repents and learns from that mistake, he/she becomes a better mu'min because of it. So Brothers and Sisters, lets do better, lets become better, lets improve each day, each hour, Insha'Allah.

Commit to Tazkiyah
- Constant and Never Ending Purification until we meet our Lord. Verily, Allah(swt) is the Goal!

O Allah! Assist us in remembering You, in thanking You and in worshiping You in the best of manners. Ameen

selsebil
01-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Jazakallahu Khair for sharing!

O my soul! Know that yesterday has left you, and as for tomorrow, you have nothing to prove that it will be yours. In which case, know that your true life is the present day. So throw at least one of its hours into a mosque or prayer-mat, a coffer for the hereafter like a reserve fund, set up for the true future. Know too that for you and for everyone each new day is the door to a new world. If you do not perform the prayers, your world that day will depart dark and wretched, and will testify against you in the World of Similitudes. For everyone, every day, has a private world out of this world, and its nature is dependent on the person’s heart and actions. Like a splendid palace reflected in a mirror takes on the colour of the mirror; if it is black, it appears black; if it is red, it appears red. Also it takes on the qualities of the mirror; if the mirror is smooth, it shows the palace to be beautiful, and if it is not, it shows it to be ugly. As it shows the most delicate things to be coarse, so you alter the shape of your own world with your heart, mind, actions, and wishes. You may make it testify either for you or against you. If you perform the five daily prayers, and through them you are turned towards that world’s Glorious Maker, all of a sudden your world, which looks to you, is lit up. Quite simply as though the prayers are an electric lamp and your intention to perform them touches the switch, they disperse the world’s darkness and show the changes and movements within the confused wretchedness of worldly chaos to be a wise and purposeful order and a meaningful writing of Divine power.

http://www.lightofquran.info/21word.htm

Hamza Asadullah
03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
The state of Humans…

Imaam Ashaf'i (RA) said:

All humans are dead except those who have knowledge;
and all those who have knowledge are asleep,
except those who do good deeds;
and those who do good deeds are decieved ,
except those who are sincere;
and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.

Little_Lion
03-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Jazak'Allah khayr, brother this will make things much easier to keep track of, insha'Allah! And I will forward it to others as well!

Hamza Asadullah
10-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Al-Hasan Al-Basri said: “Seek sweet happiness in three things: performing prayer, Remembering Allah, and reading the Holy Quran. If you find (delight in those three things), it is alright. But if you do not, it means that the door (to Allah’s Love and Mercy) is closed; so search for the reason.”

Another of the righteous men said, “How miserable people of the present world are! They pass away from it without having tasted the most delicious thing therein.” And when he was asked: “What is the most delicious thing therein?”, he said: “Knowing Allah, the Almighty, loving Him, and remembering Him.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.