/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you're not Muslim do you go to hell?

wiremu.white
11-13-2009, 11:31 PM
If you're not a Muslim, do you go to hell when you die? Do only Muslims go to heaven?

Everybody sins anyway, Muslim, Christian, atheist, Hindu, witch, whatever. How come some people go to heaven and some to hell, but not everyone goes to hell or to heaven?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-15-2009, 02:28 PM
This probably does not answer your question, but you may find the following thread, which is a related question, interesting:

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...sent-hell.html

Rafeeq
11-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Peace to be on you.

You asked a very sensitive question.

It is not to hurt any body. Since, a question is rised, hiding fact in Islam is also a great sin, hence I try to respond you.

As a matter of fact, there is no religion except Islam. We beleive all the prophets from Adam to Muhammad (PBUH) were preaching Islam that is there is no god but God (Allah).

So, time to time, prophets were coming in the world some times more than one at the same time to bring people to one plateform which is Islam and it was all the time Islam only the only acceptable religion. This chain of prophets finished on Mohammad (PBUH) around 1400 years ago.

In short, key of heaven is to accept God (Allah) only one and accepting the prophet of the time.

Hence whoever was the follower of the prophet of his/her time will go to heaven. Prophet of this era is Mohammad (PBUH).

Nora.
11-15-2009, 05:54 PM
May these links answer your question

http://www.islam-australia.net/muslims_heaven.htm
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/7480/...0to%20paradise

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
In christianity do you believe that everyone goes to heaven and what's the point of having hell?

Iris
11-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Anyone who's heard at least the message of Islam, it's incumbent for him/her to Believe in the message of it, because we as Muslims believe, Islam(monotheism) is the only religion that all the Prophets and Messengers of God have revealed and conveyed to mankind...(and duh, it makes sense, if there's one God, there Should be only one religion/set of principles). Slight differences were still there between Christianity/Judaism etc compared to Islam even in the beginning but the principles of belief have always been the same.
So yeah, according to the teachings of Islam, believing in those true monotheistic teachings of the Prophets is essential to enter paradise. Since Muhammad SAW was the last messenger, the monotheistic faith(Islam) is said to have been perfected through him and it's the only religion to be followed since he came...

Hope that helped :)

wiremu.white
11-19-2009, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
In christianity do you believe that everyone goes to heaven and what's the point of having hell?
No, we don't believe everyone goes to heaven; some people go down to hell. The point of hell is punishment for sins.

In Christianity we believe that either you pay for your sins in hell eternally (ie forever), or Jesus - who is the incarnation of the eternal God - pays for your sins instead.

Everyone has sinned: Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. That means, there are some sinners who get their sins paid for (Christians), and there are some sinners who have to pay for their sins themselves (everyone else). Either way, all sins are paid for. It's just a question of who pays.

If I convert to Islam, I would stop believing that Jesus is God and I would stop believing that my sins are paid for. What do I get instead?

A Muslim told me that on Judgment Day, there is a scales. If your good outweighs your bad, you go to Paradise. If your bad outweighs your good, Allah ****s you to hell forever.

Does that mean you believe a good Christian can go to Paradise, along with Muslims? Or a good atheist?

In Christianity, we say there is perfection, and there is evil. If your scales are not perfect on that day... hell. We rely on a scapegoat instead, basically.

wiremu.white
11-19-2009, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iris
Hope that helped :)
Do you believe that hell is where God/Allah punishes people for their sins?

Can Muslims go to hell?

Do you believe in Purgatory, or a place where you can go to suffer for a while until your sins are paid, and then go to Paradise?

still learning
11-23-2009, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wiremu.white

Can Muslims go to hell?

Do you believe in Purgatory, or a place where you can go to suffer for a while until your sins are paid, and then go to Paradise?
yes
yes
and yes

q1 In Islam hell is where you go.

q 2 &3 yes muslims can go to hell. but will eventually be relased. they have to pay there time first before they go to heaven

aadil77
11-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Can Muslims go to hell?

Muslims can be punished in this world as an expiation for their sins so that they aren't punished with the much worse punishment in hell.

Yes we can be punished in hell if we did not repent sincerely for sins in this world, but not eternally, only till we've recieved our due punishment, then its paradise.

There is no purgatory in islam, just heaven and hell

~ Sabr ~
05-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Hell is a sort of purgatory, as Muslims who have sinned will go to hell for a certain amount of time until their sins are cleared, then they will go to Jannah.

independentDEM
05-10-2012, 04:15 PM
can anyone provide any good links for Islamic views towards purgatory?

Thank you...

Clawed
05-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Qur'an 33:35
"Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allah often and the women who do so - for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a great reward."

Muslims are among people who get accepted to heaven. If you are a true Muslim you automatically should be everything else that follows like believeing, obedient, truthful etc.

Qur'an 25:33

And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust.

A lot of people use this verse (and others like it) to show that Allah accepts only Muslims good deeds. However, there is an implication in this verse that Allah will make "what they consider to be good deeds." Like I know many Christians and Atheists that think that spreading anti Islam propoganda is a helping the world, or in other words a good deed. This is not a good deed and Allah shall not count it.

Also, there is a Bible verse that contradicts your claims.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I hear no mention of accepting Jesus for your deeds here.

Hiraislam
06-11-2012, 07:43 AM
It is really a sensitive issues you have raied and I think I can't answer wiothout the conulation of scholar.

islamstudying
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

Hell is a sort of purgatory, as Muslims who have sinned will go to hell for a certain amount of time until their sins are cleared, then they will go to Jannah.

That makes a lot of sense, paying your debts[sins] but you do get them payed for and move on.

FatimaSumayia
07-12-2012, 10:54 AM
If you do know about Islam and refuse to accept it, and keep living as a non-Muslim, you will be sent to Hell.
But if you do not know it is the responsibility of Muslims to spread the awareness

And Allah knows the BEST.

07-19-2012, 04:20 AM
muslims can go hell if they misbehave!

StopS
07-22-2012, 08:08 PM
I am somewhat confused. I have read the responses, looked at the links, as far as they still exist, and still don't understand for sure what the situation is. And since the answer to this question can impact your status for eternity I think everyone needs to be very clear on this.

1. Is hell the 1:1 opposite of heaven?*
2. Are heaven and hell the only options or is there a "don't care" option too?
3. Are children also allocated a destination?
4. If I do not allocate a partner to Allah, nor do I seek another religion, am I a Kuffar if I don't accept the messages in the Koran and do I automatically go to hell according to Islamic understanding?

* this is to say that if a person is not an intense Muslim but does not really sin, is this someone who still goes to heaven or is heaven only for proven and active Muslims and the opposite is then hell?
Is heaven a reward or is hell a punishment? Is a believer automatically sent to heaven by default or is it purely by merit?

Thanks

SBK786
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
If you're not a Muslim, do you go to hell when you die? Do only Muslims go to heaven?

Everybody sins anyway, Muslim, Christian, atheist, Hindu, witch, whatever. How come some people go to heaven and some to hell, but not everyone goes to hell or to heaven?
Good Question, but Muslims believe the one and only religion is Islam. Those who reject Allah and his Apostle Muhammad SAW, will find themselves at the depths of Hell. However, regrading your question on ''how come some people go to heaven and some to hell, but not everyone goes to hell or to heaven?'' The answer to this is: In Islam, we believe every action is being written down, good or bad. For example this action would also be written down. We also believe there is a angel who writes down GOOD deeds, and a angel who writes down BAD deeds. On the day of judgement, it will be scaled, and depending on the deeds, which is greater it will lead them to JANNAH or JAHANNAM. Hell or Paradise. And regarding if only muslims go to heaven, Allah only accepts Islam. He says in the Quran: "Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam it won't be accepted of him, and he will be one of the losers in the hereafter".

Hope this answers your question. Jazakallah Khair.

+Allah Knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.