/* */

PDA

View Full Version : student loans

daffodils
11-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Assalam-o-aliekum,
I just recently joined the forum, and find the array of topics being discussed on this forum to be quite interesting. And of course, I am so happy to see the spirit of Islam so alive among the people on this board, MashAllah. I think I have found a great place, and I am here to stay.
Coming to the reason why I am making a post right now..I need to hear from you guys on a very important topic..the issue of interest on student loans. i don't know if this topic has been already discussed here..but after having done a search, I did not find anything..anyhow..my question to those of you studying in the West..UK, US and Canada..how are you guys supporting your post-secondary education? i took government loans for my bachelors, and now want to continue on to a professional degree, InshAllah..however, i am distraught by the fact that the professional training is very expensive so much so that one can not possibly study without taking huge amounts of loans.. needless to say, it would take one quite a long time to pay off all the educational loans with the added interest...i did not realize the significance of interest on student loons until after I had finished my bachelors.. Insha Allah i want to try my best in the future to find ways of funding which do not deal with interest...if anyone knows about such sources of funding for students wanting to study medicine, dentistry, law, please do let me know...thanks for reading this long post..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
11-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Hope, any brother or sister may help you here answering your query.

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 06:51 AM
It depends on whether or not the loans have interest on them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.