/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some specific questions....

lostmonk
11-17-2009, 03:29 AM
So these are the things on my mind right now, and I have come here to ask.

1- In Islam, is an individual responsible for their own salvation, or must their be an intercessor such as there is in Christianity?

2- Many years ago while incarcerated, I was exploring all religions, and studied Islam for a time. I said the shahada, but I wouldn't really classify my state of mind as completely sincere. What are the repercussions, in Islam, for one that either falls away from Islam, or one who "faked it"?

Things get a bit deeper, but I figure I'll start with this and see where it can go from here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lostmonk

1- In Islam, is an individual responsible for their own salvation, or must their be an intercessor such as there is in Christianity?

2- Many years ago while incarcerated, I was exploring all religions, and studied Islam for a time. I said the shahada, but I wouldn't really classify my state of mind as completely sincere. What are the repercussions, in Islam, for one that either falls away from Islam, or one who "faked it"?

Things get a bit deeper, but I figure I'll start with this and see where it can go from here.
Not too sure about the christian concept of 'salvation', but in islam its every man for himself, no-one is going to guarantee you paradise in the next life by interceding for you, you got to work for it.

'Repercussions', I'm assuming you want to know about the punishment of apostasy in islam, yep its death. But that only applies in islamic states, even then you'd have to be stupid to openly admit you've left islam. Other than that the outcome is with Allah. Its a start now that you're here to learn more, some people take things too quickly and without the foundations and knowledge, they fall into doubts and end up leaving islam, hopefully this time you can sort that out.

Keep asking about things you have doubts about

Salahudeen
11-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Your position in the next life is determined by how good of a person you were in this life, we define good as obeying God. People have different perceptions of good but we believe only God knows what's good and what's evil for us.

Insecured soul
11-28-2009, 07:45 AM
As far as i know to be a christian u have believe in trinity that is the father, the son and the holy ghost and u have to believe that jesus (pbuh) died for ur sins and accept him as ur saviour. this is the condition

to be a muslim u have to say shahadah and believe what it actually means, u have to submit your will to allah subhana wata aala and then comes the other things

In islam you have a direct link with god almighty, pray and ask what u want :)

Take care

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
11-29-2009, 11:00 PM

Hello my friend and welcome to the forum. Your questions are very welcome and you may ask whatever you like as that is the only way one get clarification on ones misonceptions.

In regards to your first question, Islam has taught humanity that God is very close to them and that He is with them wherever they are and that He hears their prayers and respond to them. Islam teaches that God is so close that He needs no intermediaries to mediate between Him and His servants. Islam does not accept the concept of priesthood and clergy acting as mediators between God and humans. Islam teaches that one does not have to confess one's sins to a priest in order to get forgiveness. One can simply confess one's sins to God without any human intervention, seek forgiveness, and God will grant it. Many Jews today still believe that prayers cannot reach God and get a response from Him unless the prayer is made at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. Some even fax their prayers or send it via the Internet to Jerusalem so that someone there would take it and put it on the Wailing Wall to reach God. Islam teaches that wherever one maybe, one can pray to God, confess to God, seek God's help and forgiveness, and God will certainly respond. No human intervention is needed, no special place or time is necessary. God is always very close.

In regards to your second question, in order for the shahada to be accepted one has to have NO doubt in ones mind and heart of the oneness of Allah and that he has no partners, aswell as the finality of prophethood of Muhammed (Pbuh). If you were in doubt or were not fully convinced of this the first time you said it then once you are sure in your heart of the words of the Shahada then you should repeat them as soon as you can as life is uncertain. Being a disbeliever is worse than a non believer becasue a non believer may never have come across Islam in their life whereas a disbeliever knew Islam but rejected it.

dadadadaedalus
12-06-2009, 04:57 AM
that sucks i feel for you. i havent said the shahada but i wouldnt want it to tainted.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.