/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it wrong to marry someone from another race

islamluv
11-18-2009, 05:06 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters

i have a friend of mine who wants to merry a good muslim brother who practice the deen and has good manners and everything she took him to her family and Alhamdulillah her mother is a very understanding person and everybody of approve of the brother except for her father who don't even want to give the guy a chance to meet him.. the father is the judgeing the guy just beaucse of his race... and he also said to his daugher that she is alone allowe to bring people of thier own country.... Is it fair that she should be limit to that... also what should she do while she does not want to disobey her father yet she does not want to merry someone else just to please her father plz help imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
buddy1
11-18-2009, 09:57 PM
personally, i can understand, im english, non muslim and my ex husband is malay and muslim, his father couldnt stand the sight of me, he detested everything about our relationship. but when we had our first children (twins) his dad became a different person, he loved the fact he had grandchildren and the fact we had a boy and girl meant he had a "grampys little girl" and a man to continue the family name. I know there are different rules and obligations, but as far as im concerned surely if you can proove your love for someone is strong enough to fight off any bad feelings about it, surely its got to be worth it!

Rabi'ya
11-18-2009, 10:02 PM
:sl:

Islamically there is nothing wrong with it.It is merely peoples phobias and misconceptions which lead them to believe mixed race marriages are wrong or wont work.

Surah 49 Ayah13

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

catalzzy
11-18-2009, 10:04 PM
really... all different races are not supposed to be racist to each other. they are all equal but then, its the future whereelse people tend to be much more ignorant.

would it make a difference if marrying your own race rather than other race?

i dont think so.. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
buddy1
11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
i agree, my marraige was strong for a long time he strayed and now we are separated but that wasnt down to his race or mine, it was down to him and his thoughts. what you must think is "we are all exactly the same when your together in a dark room!" no one can see you, but when people judge on these sort of things they are judging on the way that person looks and lives not by they type of person they could be.

AlHoda
11-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong to maary someone from another race, although it may bring some culture differences, no one said it is wrong. Also my dear sister, i'm just curious to know what race he is?

May Allah (swt) guide us all.

:wa:

islamluv
11-20-2009, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I don't think there's anything wrong to maary someone from another race, although it may bring some culture differences, no one said it is wrong. Also my dear sister, i'm just curious to know what race he is?

May Allah (swt) guide us all.

:wa:
the guy is white and the girl is black...
what should she do now cuz her father is still not understanding Islam is beyond the skin color of a person

Humbler_359
11-20-2009, 02:05 AM

Well, according to the history, White and Black have some history due to racisms and slaves. Still today, it exists. Not easy.

"would it make a difference if marrying your own race rather than other race?"

Yes, it is big differences and depending. Marrying same race is much easier than new race entering your world, you have to take alot of responsible and explanation in order to avoid serious misconception, misunderstanding and mistrust.

Between family and family-in-laws don't get along well for long times, it is not even worthy of your times and marriages.

Honestly, it is painful. I have seen it due to many separation afterwards. :hmm:

Rafeeq
11-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Although it is not wrong marrying in other race. But her father has seen the world and is aware there could be a perception of problems. I am sorry to say but when we are in love, we are blind to see the realities of the world which comes to our sight later and we condemn ourselves. It is better to obey parents as they understand many things which we may not.
(it is my opinion, other may disagree. I am ready to accept any dis agreement, LOL)

catalzzy
11-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Well, according to the history, White and Black have some history due to racisms and slaves. Still today, it exists. Not easy.

"would it make a difference if marrying your own race rather than other race?"

Yes, it is big differences and depending. Marrying same race is much easier than new race entering your world, you have to take alot of responsible and explanation in order to avoid serious misconception, misunderstanding and mistrust.

Between family and family-in-laws don't get along well for long times, it is not even worthy of your times and marriages.
But the thing is, in the people's mind, even tho they have read this verse " Surah 49 Ayah13

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."

They seem to be forgetting this part, as Islam dissallows racism. so, i think its the way they look at each other and complaining that my colour is superior to yours or the other way round. so marriage + racism = controversy and conflict.
Marriage + Islam = Peace and no racism. :D.

All muslims in different races are the same because we follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah which ideally are equal.

You know, racism is a sin. :S.

cat eyes
11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
:sl:well what can i say....we are living in different times but the elderz would naturally still have insecurities of the past. Her father is afraid that he might not do justice with her because of the fact she is black and he is white. But look she has to sit down with her father and explain to him the punishments of suspicion thinking and hatred and judging others! Whatever happened in the past with the black people! Two wrongs do not make a right!

muslimah_81
11-20-2009, 03:16 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
Honestly, it is painful. I have seen it due to many separation afterwards. :hmm:
Brother this may be the case but I have seen a lot of mixed marriages work out. I have seen people start practising their religion more after marrying reverts to islam.

Although it is not wrong marrying in other race. But her father has seen the world and is aware there could be a perception of problems. I am sorry to say but when we are in love, we are blind to see the realities of the world which comes to our sight later and we condemn ourselves. It is better to obey parents as they understand many things which we may not.
Im sorry brother I have to disagree with you there. I do believe that parents want the best for you but I dont agree that they always know whats right. In the case of marriage sometimes culture and pride comes in the way too.

The prophet peace be upon him said

"A man marries a woman for four reasons: for her property, for her rank, for her beauty, and for her religion (and character). So marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper". (Bukhari)

I dont believe you should/should not marry because of race or cast.
From what I have seen reverts to islam practice their religion much more then people who are born into islam (Im not saying this is the case with everyone but judging from what I have seen)

I can understand when some people say that there can be a clash between cultures but I personally dont give much importance to culture and give more importance to religion. And if you have a practising muslim as a partner then I dont think you can go wrong :statisfie

kidcanman
11-20-2009, 03:27 PM
islamluv you wrote "she took him to her family" which implies that they got together in a non-islamic way. there in lies the problem. it seems that the guy is not so good a muslim after all

Abdul Qadir
11-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Its obligatory to follow her father's instructions....if he says no to a certain race, she has to obey...no choice...unless he says she must marry a non-muslim or something which is against the religion of Allah, then she has every right to disobey that instruction, but do so politely...

muslimah_81
11-20-2009, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Its obligatory to follow her father's instructions....if he says no to a certain race, she has to obey...no choice...unless he says she must marry a non-muslim or something which is against the religion of Allah, then she has every right to disobey that instruction, but do so politely...

Yes she has to obey her parents but maybe she can try educating her father on the fact that there is no discrimination in Islam. And if she is patient he might just come round to the idea InshaAllah.

cat eyes
11-20-2009, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kidcanman
islamluv you wrote "she took him to her family" which implies that they got together in a non-islamic way. there in lies the problem. it seems that the guy is not so good a muslim after all
Dear brother that dose not mean 2say he laid a finger on her dose it? It could be that it was not possible for him to find her home without her help? Let Allah judge his intentions. We are nobody to judge! Nobody is perfect people make mistakes and do things wröng its not for us to say that the brother is not good!

kidcanman
11-20-2009, 04:50 PM
why would the girl love him and want to marry him if they had no prior relationship.

the real problem is that the girl is in love with a guy that her father does not know.

i dont see why the father has any reason to approve of this stranger "relating" with his daughter.

and also i dont see how, from a halal standpoint, this "good muslim" was able to make a stranger's daughter fall in love with him.

it would seem that race plays a small role in the fathers chagrin.

muslimah_81
11-20-2009, 05:01 PM

This girl may be in love with this guy but how do you know that they did not meet in an islamic way? How do you know that there was not a mehram present when they met and got to know each other?

the real problem is that the girl is in love with a guy that her father does not know.
it would seem that race plays a small role in the fathers chagrin.
I dont see how this can be the case as this is what the OP posted.

and he also said to his daugher that she is alone allowe to bring people of thier own country....
Her father is clearly giving her permission to bring a guy that is the same race as her!!

Asiyah3
11-20-2009, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamluv

i have a friend of mine who wants to merry a good muslim brother who practice the deen and has good manners and everything she took him to her family and Alhamdulillah her mother is a very understanding person and everybody of approve of the brother except for her father who don't even want to give the guy a chance to meet him.. the father is the judgeing the guy just beaucse of his race... and he also said to his daugher that she is alone allowe to bring people of thier own country.... Is it fair that she should be limit to that... also what should she do while she does not want to disobey her father yet she does not want to merry someone else just to please her father plz help imsad
If that were my case, I would personally try to find out what's the deep reason for my father's objection. If it were because of race, I wouldn't obey him. I don't mean that I would disobey him or something, rather I'd be patient, ask Allah's help and try to discuss with my father. I think, the father might have another reason for objection and might say race just as an excuse - anyway, I don't know the father so the daughter/family knows better than me).
Then again if my father's had a righteos reason for objection, then insha'lLah I would obey him even if I disagreed. (Oh, and I'm saying now what I think I'd do but being in that situation I might do things differently- Allah knows best. )

And just like someone before said, she should still be kind and polite to her father and if the reason for the fathers objection really is unrighteos, perhaps try to ask her mothers/brothers help to convince the father( or an local imaams help).

Here's an hadeeth:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O you who believe, verily your Lord is One, and your father [Adam] is one. There is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab or of a non-Arab over an Arab, or of a red man over a black man or of a black man over a red man, except in terms of taqwa (piety). Have I conveyed (the message)?” They said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has conveyed (the message).”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 5/411; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Ghaayat al-Maraam, 313; it was also narrated from Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah that its isnaad is saheeh, in al-Iqtidaa’, 69).

kidcanman
11-20-2009, 05:32 PM
the OPster wrote that the girl "took him to her family". and a mahram is a member of the family. and so she "fell in love" with a stranger, and then afterwords she took him to her family. the guy didnt do the right thing and she expects her dad to want to meet him? absurdity. the boy's behavior is unacceptable. the race issue only makes it worse.

muslimah_81
11-20-2009, 05:42 PM

But if the father said
and he also said to his daugher that she is alone allowe to bring people of thier own country....
He is giving her permission to bring a guy that is the same race as her so it appears that in his opinion her falling in love with a stranger is not an issue and race is the issue.

the race issue only makes it worse.
I may be misunderstanding you here but are you saying that race is an issue?

kamran javed
11-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Surah 49 Ayah13

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Asiyah3
11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
the OPster wrote that the girl "took him to her family". and a mahram is a member of the family. and so she "fell in love" with a stranger, and then afterwords she took him to her family. the guy didnt do the right thing and she expects her dad to want to meet him? absurdity. the boy's behavior is unacceptable. the race issue only makes it worse.

The OPster wrote "i have a friend of mine who wants to merry a good muslim brother who practice the deen and has good manners and everything she took him to her family and Alhamdulillah"...

Concluding from that of course she is gonna take him to her family, nothing suspicious in that.

What if the girl fell in love with him because of his taqwaa?

And I undrestand brother why you wrote what you wrote :) I just mean that I don't see myself anything indicating to something :)

kidcanman
11-20-2009, 06:04 PM
i did not really think about that sentence muslimah; it appears as though my conclusions are miscalculated.

muslim i think you are correct as well. my thinking is influenced by my personal experiences.

Re.TiReD
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Kidcanman: Too many assumptions.

To the OP, there is nothing at all wrong in wanting to marry somebody of another culture/race etc. The parents who would have no problem with it at all are very few and far between, but by talking to them with a little hikmaa I'm sure they would warm to the idea.

Tell the sis to make Istikharah and if she is sure that this person is the one she feels will be best for her in the dunya wal akhirah then she should approach her parents again and try to pursuade them.

If need be, she should try several more times...It is important to know when to accept the choice and decision of ur parents too though...

Wassalam

OurIslamic
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Islamically, it is Halal to marry someone from another race as long as they are Muslim. However, if you cannot find anyone who is a Muslim, it is permissible to marry a Jew or Christian.

Culturally, it is usually frowned upon to marry out of your "kind" as relatives and the person you marry may feel awkward around eachother due to cultural differences/practices.

Personally, I feel, that you should marry someone who is a good Muslim, and according to your parents wishes.

Abdul Qadir
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
if you cannot find anyone who is a Muslim, it is permissible to marry a Jew or Christian.
Brother/sis, u can't do that...unless ur a male..but even then, i thought ur supposed to marry a girl because of her religion only?

OurIslamic
11-23-2009, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Brother/sis, u can't do that...unless ur a male..but even then, i thought ur supposed to marry a girl because of her religion only?
Sorry, I forgot to add "if you are male". Muslim women/girls are not allowed to marry non-Muslims.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-24-2009, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamluv

wa alaykum us-Salaam
get someone to talk to the dad to try soften his heart. someone his looks up to/listens to. keep trying but in the end, do what pleases your parents :)

Abdul Qadir
11-24-2009, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=Umm ul-Shaheed;1251473keep trying but in the end, do what pleases your parents :)[/QUOTE]

perfect answer...=)..jazakullahu khair...

S.A.SH
11-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Good evening every one...

I am a new here...

Brother, kidcanman our sis has posted a question

'' is it wrong to marry someone from another race?"

I noticed that u r Judging about someone u don't see, talk with or KNOW...
The guy, as she said is a good Muslim but the problem here is his race. She needs our help and we have to help her as she asked...

sorry for saying that but accept my words and consider me as your little sisimsad

cool?

"is it wrong to marry someone from another race?"

Of course it is not, but it depends on the parents' view.

For example, here in the Gulf Countries, it is so difficult to marry someone from another race. To be honest, people will look at you as you did something really bad.
Here, you HAVE TO marry some one your family knows his/her race PERFECTLY.

I can tell that this marriage may destroy your relationship with others.

I know someone who married a black woman and his family disagreed strongly, at the first. Now they have a pretty girl and the guy's family is so happy but the problem is the COMMUNITY! His brother wants to marry a girl but her family refused because of the guy's wife.

It is so hard to marry a girl/man from a diffrent race in our region and that is because of the traditions and our parents recpect that with their inner hearts.

However, it depends on the person's way of thinking.

Anyway, if your friend wants to marry that man, she needs to pray Alestekhara prayer and Allah will guide her. She, also, should talk to her father in a convincing way (let anyone help her) believe me SHE can because Allah is in everywhere and will help her. Just try and you will see:statisfie

Whatever your parents say, obey them and Allah will guide you...

والسلام عليكم

Asiyah3
11-24-2009, 06:36 PM
muslim i think you are correct as well. my thinking is influenced by my personal experiences.
Which are...? (the personal experiences)

kidcanman
12-15-2009, 04:54 AM
[QUOTE=_muslim_;1251828]
Which are...? (the personal experiences)
i have 7 siblings and we are all young adults my friend.

Musmat786
12-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi there,

I am new here and i can't understand from this from another race.....
what does it mean....?

Many Thanks;
Link Removed

abu salaahudeen
12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
i condone marrying someone from a different background there is nothing wrong with it as long as they are muslims strong in their deen

there is no obidience to the creation where there's disobidience to the Creator

Predator
12-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Islam is very much against any kind of racism

When we stand for congregational prayers ,we stand shoulder to shoulder with no gap so that devil of racism or casteism doesnt come in between

CosmicPathos
12-26-2009, 01:50 AM
People are assuming that prohibiting one's daughter from marrying a man from another race is racism? How intellectually sound! I would not want my daughter to lets say marry a person from another race just like that. This is not racism. Racism is DISCRIMINATION based on race. I am not discriminating the potential man just because I am rejecting his proposal based on race. Same with the OP's father. If I rejected a potential black employee even though he had more merit than a white employee then surely that is racism. But here, its a matter of personal decision! OP's father is not racist because he is not discriminating and taking away the rights of that white man, is it his right to get married to the OP? I dont think so! Because there are no absolute sense of what is considered high "merit." Maybe this guy has high merit but there might be another black man who has higher qualifications than him. Maybe then marry him. But the OP wont cuz she "loves" this white guy despite the fact that he might not be as qualified as someone else. That alone shows that you cannot apply principles of racism from practical life (employment, education) to marriage. Its based on one's or one's fathers opinion.

Although Islam allows interracial marriages and there is NOTHING wrong with interracial marriages as long as they result in religious prosperity just like intraracial marriages should. Mostly Ive found from personal experience though that interracial marriages all sound romantic and dandy but it is just not practical. If it works out, then allhamdulillah but not everyone is flexible enough to make it work out over the years. So OP's dad has real concerns. he does not want his daughter to get divorced just cuz they could not understand each other in the long run due to racial differences and mode of thinking. Just my 2 cents. Stop assuming that since the OP's father disagrees with her, he is not "understanding" while her mother agrees with her hence she is "understanding." Seems like a selfish thing, when someone agrees with you he becomes all cool and laid back but when someone disagrees with you you call them "not understanding."

Your father has the right to reject this guy based on his opinions about inter racial marriages. If, however, he thinks that whites are devil or some non-sense than that is indeed racism. However I do not think that your dad is thinking in those terms.

I meant OP's friend and not OP.

abu_musab461
12-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Its not wrong but you should try to take into consideration the difference in the culture and tradtions etc if that will impact on your marriage.

Cross ethnicity marriages work best when there is something common- eg. born bred in hte Uk or even Islam.

SweetCherryPie
12-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Wow. I may be a bit far out here (just got out of surgery and meds kicking in!) but I don't see any problem marrying someone from another race, as long as he or she is Muslim .. I don't see the big deal.

From some of the comments I have read here, the way they were presented, it seemed as if OP's friend is marrying someone from a different religion! I can't believe how judgmental some people can be.

CosmicPathos
12-26-2009, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie
Wow. I may be a bit far out here (just got out of surgery and meds kicking in!) but I don't see any problem marrying someone from another race, as long as he or she is Muslim .. I don't see the big deal.

From some of the comments I have read here, the way they were presented, it seemed as if OP's friend is marrying someone from a different religion! I can't believe how judgmental some people can be.
funny. .. . just because people disagree or have different opinions they are called judgmental? I think the meds are really kicking in.

Beardo
12-26-2009, 04:56 AM

As an Admin, I can't use the word "judgemental" against anyone, but you are right. Sometimes we are unable to find people amongst our own race, so we go look into other races. And you explained it quite well! It's like they are of another religion.

I remember one social circle we have in my locality (from my personal ethnicity) they restrict themselves to the same race. They consider befriending someone from another race means you are becoming a gangster or going to the "dark side". Really, if they are good people and can have good influence on you, then what's the problem?

But marriage is a different issue. Americans, as you may have noticed, are open in terms of marriage. However, with other races, there are language barriers.

I see this among the first generations in America, mainly. The newer generations are much more open towards other races. But the first generation feel that their children are losing their culture. I personally don't see the problem with that as long as they still have a grasp on their religion... But it's a reasonable concern.

I used to say I was embarassed of my ehtnicity. But I realize now it was very wrong of me to even think that. I am of Bangladeshi decent and I am proud! :D That is what Allah Ta'ala made me, and I am proud of it.

And I respect all other ethnicities.

...Wow., I feel like an oldie saying "older" and "newer" generations. ;D

CosmicPathos
12-26-2009, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
As an Admin, I can't use the word "judgemental" against anyone, but you are right. Sometimes we are unable to find people amongst our own race, so we go look into other races. And you explained it quite well! It's like they are of another religion.

I remember one social circle we have in my locality (from my personal ethnicity) they restrict themselves to the same race. They consider befriending someone from another race means you are becoming a gangster or going to the "dark side". Really, if they are good people and can have good influence on you, then what's the problem?

But marriage is a different issue. Americans, as you may have noticed, are open in terms of marriage. However, with other races, there are language barriers.

I see this among the first generations in America, mainly. The newer generations are much more open towards other races. But the first generation feel that their children are losing their culture. I personally don't see the problem with that as long as they still have a grasp on their religion... But it's a reasonable concern.

I used to say I was embarassed of my ehtnicity. But I realize now it was very wrong of me to even think that. I am of Bangladeshi decent and I am proud! :D That is what Allah Ta'ala made me, and I am proud of it.

Amazing, you should be proud of your "bengaliness" in a religious way. Bengalis have thousands of years old civilization which has contributed immensely to human knowledge. Again though, religion takes priority.

SweetCherryPie
12-26-2009, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
funny. .. . just because people disagree or have different opinions they are called judgmental? I think the meds are really kicking in.
I don't see anything funny about that. I can agree to disagree but there were a few who, I am pretty sure, felt the same way but didn't bother to say it :)

Thanks for your comment though. Appreciate it :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

Oh Mr. Rashad! I understand perfectly. I have been there where a few of my friends, didn't want me to hang out with another race, purely for that reason only. What's worst is that, they also wouldn't want to befriend people from another religion.

For me, I believe that if that person - whatever religion/race - has a good heart and respect others as much as others respect him or her, I am fine with it. I also believe, the mentality of a person - it depends on how he or she is brought up.

You should be proud of your race/ethnicity! I am of mixed parentage and I'm proud of who I am.

Thank you for your respond to my post. It was very well thought out :)

CosmicPathos
12-26-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't see anything funny about that. I can agree to disagree but there were a few who, I am pretty sure, felt the same way but didn't bother to say it :)

Thanks for your comment though. Appreciate it :)

Oh Mr. Rashad! I understand perfectly. I have been there where a few of my friends, didn't want me to hang out with another race, purely for that reason only. What's worst is that, they also wouldn't want to befriend people from another religion.

For me, I believe that if that person - whatever religion/race - has a good heart and respect others as much as others respect him or her, I am fine with it. I also believe, the mentality of a person - it depends on how he or she is brought up.

You should be proud of your race/ethnicity! I am of mixed parentage and I'm proud of who I am.

Sure I respect your feelings as I expect my feelings/opinions to be respected.

Regarding hanging out and chilling around with people of other religion as friends, I think Allah's command is pretty clear about that. I dont need to do moral policing here but you can look it up in the Quran. I personally believe if people really had good and sincere hearts as you put it, they would have accepted Islam readily. But this is just my opinion.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-26-2009, 11:56 AM
i'l tell you whats wrong

falling in love with someone to the extent of "he/she is the only one" BEFORE MARRIAGE

that is PURE WRONG

Assalamu Alaikum

SweetCherryPie
12-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Sure I respect your feelings as I expect my feelings/opinions to be respected.

Regarding hanging out and chilling around with people of other religion as friends, I think Allah's command is pretty clear about that. I dont need to do moral policing here but you can look it up in the Quran. I personally believe if people really had good and sincere hearts as you put it, they would have accepted Islam readily. But this is just my opinion.
Dude, I don't where you're coming from but I don't think Islam prohibits any Muslim from befriending a non-Muslim.

I know a lot of people from other religion that respect Islam. In fact, I have friends that have converted due to their respect for our religion.

Enough said.

Beardo
12-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Amazing, you should be proud of your "bengaliness" in a religious way. Bengalis have thousands of years old civilization which has contributed immensely to human knowledge. Again though, religion takes priority.
...Right... :hmm:

Indeed. And thank you, too.

If only people were more open minded. I admire Americans and Brits in that aspect. They are open to anyone and everyone. Race doesn't play a factor. They don't have any negative inner feelings. That is how the countries became so diverse!

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i'l tell you whats wrong

falling in love with someone to the extent of "he/she is the only one" BEFORE MARRIAGE

that is PURE WRONG

Assalamu Alaikum

lol. Indeed. Jazakumullah for that simple yet valuable message.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.